Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The Corpse-God holds no sway here. Slaanesh approves of love in all its forms. ;)

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    YO DAWG I PUT YO' GIELOTH INSIDE A GIELOTH SO YOU CAN DESTROY ALL TENTACLES WHILE YOU DESTROY ALL TENTACLES!

Fighting her straight-up in this place isn't a good idea. I don't think that her psychic abilities are dampened here - if she can speak to us telepathically, then she still has some power here. The biggest problem with A is that we'd probably be fighting blind and without our telepathy to give us a sense of direction. If it were a straight-up fight, we would beat the shit out of Sukhenun, but it isn't. However, if we light this place up, then we can use our eyes and even the odds. Yes, she'll probably use some of her psychic tricks to fuck with us, but after waking up from a 300 years and developing our psionic abilities, I think we've developed some resistance to anything that she might do.

C for brutal cunning

^ Top  
  3. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Okay I'll go B. It stops the use of other mental abilities but we still might dart dodge and weave out of the tentacles' grip while we burn the place. The only concern I have is that the womb mother might attack us, and the children might react. Oh, and our friends have been mindfucked and are now controlled by Sekhenun. Hopefully the children are afraid of light.

^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Treavebro, is our elementalism actually developed enough to torch the place, or would it be along the lines of "HRNGHHH, oh fuck"

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well... that would be a spoiler. Still, we're pretty early in the game, there's still about twenty thousand years before what
    is foretold here may come to pass...

It'll light up the slime. But fire requires oxygen to burn, you're in an enclosed space, and the slime can move to smother it out due to its considerable volume. You can put out enough flames that they'd burn for some time, though. It's not strong enough to incinerate the slime outright, but it will serve as a distraction at least, that much I can give you. Whether you manage to survive after this is up to your subsequent decisions.

So, REJOICE. B is not a dead-end choice.

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    In that case, flappin da flip to da flop.
    B

^ Top  
  7. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    B will get us elemental powers and possible 300 years of rest. A will get us sharpened senses and most definitely 300 years of rest. I think we ought to do a round of diplomacy before trying to fire thingy. So C.

Flip flopping to B.

^ Top  
  8. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    ATTACK! CHARGE! BURN! ALL TENTACLES MUST DIE!

B

Achievement unlocked: Tentacle-hater :mhd:

^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Well, don't get used to having too much meta-gaming information available. :lol:

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    What if we say we're here for some "private" time, treavebro?

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    That would be an option under Gieloth diplomacy, it's the one where you try to find a diplomatic resolution to the whole mess.

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I meant private "private" time.
    The :mhd: kind.

^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Going back to C. Bro's, ww need to try and seduce the tentacle-possessed priestess. once we do, and she bends over, her back will be exposed.

I'z gotz me a kunnin' plan.

^ Top  
  14. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
    voting Burn

^ Top  
  15. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    :lol:

C, tentacle diplomacy, here we come! Praise be!

^ Top  
  16. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    You know, you do have a point here. When we went up against Shulgi, his underestimation of Ean as just a dumb brute was the key to pushing him out of Akkad. I'm pretty sure Sukhenun plans to deceive us somehow, so if we just play the dumb warrior again it might be enough to get her to put her guard down. At the very least, unlike A and B, we've developed our psionic abilities and have some mental shielding in case she tries some mind control on us.

Well... that is unless her mind control abilities are so powerful that she manages to use them against us successfully, that is. Then we're pretty fucked.

Flopped the original post to C

^ Top  
  17. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    Maybe if we fail, we'll turn into one of these :mhd:

That kind of feeling fills me with :desu:

But still, I don't like the situation we're in; this tentacle can easily reads our mind & fuck us for good...

^ Top  
  18. Arpad Educated

Arpad
    C or B..

B.

^ Top  
  19. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    B is the most classical action hero response in my opinion, burn those suckers, then beat a hasty retreat with your bros in tow while the monsters swarm around you. A can work if you catch the bitch off-guard, otherwise it could go very badly. C is too risky for my tastes and not Ean's strong suit, he could potentially work it though, I will concede. D is despicable for an immortal.

^ Top  
  20. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    B

A is tempting as we are physically superior, but we would be fighting blind.

^ Top  
  21. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Oh, and A may give us enhanced sensing powers considering we are psychically blocked as well as facing a tentacle monster (Remember treave's post a few pages back). Could be cool if it works out.

^ Top  
  22. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Well, we do know that we gain more power through fighting these things and through dangerous situations. I'd say that enhances senses are significantly more appropriate given our character. Then again, going with A could mean we just get our asses kicked instead of a glorious victory:

^ Top  
  23. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    I'm going with C on this one. We'll pounce on her when she's close and her guard is down.

I don't like our chances with A. We'll be fighting blind and unable to sense her mind. Once she takes her tentacle form we also won't be able to easily orient ourselves to her weak spot just by touch.

With B I think we'll turn the currently non-hostile womb against us. Sure we'd gain Mutyre and Akil, but they're not fighters anyway. So then we'd have to fight the womb AND Sekhunen at the same time (because we wouldn't run away like pussies right?).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    1. Use shapeshifting to look like an old Japanese man.
    2. Close eyes.
    3. Cheat with telepathy.
    4. ???
    5. ZATOICHI!

Yeah, I should put Ean on a boat to Japan.

^ Top  
  25. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    C the womb is non hostile so far and they seem intent on only the protection of the young get our friends then get out and kill daddy.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.