Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Zwist

Learned
I like the idea of making her an ally, but maybe that little "love" thing might come to bite us in the ass big time if Kyrie resurfaces. Maybe use revenge instead?
Empress killed Kyrie. Senya loved Kyrie. Wants revenge. So Kawai.
Allys in revenge is much more usefull. And she should be able to believe our motivation.

Now I probably wont log on the next days, so you might want to ignore me.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Yes, she would have to come up on her own with a why. That isn't important part on the suggestion. "Empress killed Kyrie for political gain." If she thinks the empress killed Kyrie, she will figure out it was for political gain or for some other shit. It doesn't matter to us. Implicating Cyber Jack as a bad guy (as opposed to random stalker she doesn't care about) could get her to cooperate with us. But making Senya a good guy in her eyes still needs work.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yes, you guys are right about the why. Innocence could stick if you flip the love switch first, but then again I think it'd go more smoothly providing a why for the love.

Kayerts

Arcane
How about: Senya's the hero Kyrie loved. Julia killed Kyrie. Senya = scapegoat.

It emphasizes how little Qin knows about what's going on and makes us seem like a tragic figure, as devoted to Kyrie as Qin is. Being true is sort of immaterial, but I'll take it.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Oh, regarding deadlines, I'll leave it open as long as there's discussion coming in and no conclusive decision has been reached. It'll be open for at least another day and a half. Even I won't know how the B option will turn out until you guys finally decide on it, so writing the update itself will take some deliberating too.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I love Senya because Kyrie loved Senya. Empress framed Senya.
Yes, you guys are right about the why. Innocence could stick if you flip the love switch first, but then again I think it'd go more smoothly providing a why for the love.
Well, in my suggestion above, the reason for the love is because Kyrie loved him. Hell, she practically worships everything Kyrie except us. Good enough reason or flop?

Rex Feral

Prophet
I love Senya because Kyrie loved Senya. Empress framed Senya.
Well, in my suggestion above, the reason for the love is because Kyrie loved him. Hell, she practically worships everything Kyrie except us. Good enough reason or flop?

Good enough for me. I'll flop to this.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The weakness of that explanation is that she knows we "killed" Kyrie. I don't think that feeling of love for that reason will work right.

The weakness of that explanation is that she knows we "killed" Kyrie. I don't think that feeling of love for that reason will work right.
Does she? She knows what the TV said, that's it. That's what our suggestion is for. To cause her to doubt. Kyrie trusted us and she actually saw this. (And she already knows the TV painted us to look like a killer when we really don't btw.) If we can introduce another suspect to pin it on - ie, the Empress and sell it with our tearful story of Kyrie bleeding to death in our arms and our promise to come back for her and how we visited her funeral on the last day... Dude, she'll eat it up.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I love him but at the same time I hate him because he killed the other person I loved?

O ye cruel Fates! My hand is forced in bitter vengeance yet my heart desires only the sweetness of love. Why must I be mired in such a quandary, that I love which I hate and hate which I love?

The first part is alright, second part doesn't work as well because it's certainly possible for Kyrie to love Senya and for him to be the culprit in her murder.

Azira's 'Empress killed Kyrie for political gain' is probably the benchmark to be aiming for here if you want to establish the 'why' for innocence. Other than that, you could have a 'Senya loved Kyrie', which somewhat weakens her belief that you are the murderer.

I love him but at the same time I hate him because he killed the other person I loved?

O ye cruel Fates! My hand is forced in bitter vengeance yet my heart desires only the sweetness of love. Why must I be mired in such a quandary, that I love which I hate and hate which I love?
Damn.
The first part is alright, second part doesn't work as well because it's certainly possible for Kyrie to love Senya and for him to be the culprit in her murder.

Azira's 'Empress killed Kyrie for political gain' is probably the benchmark to be aiming for here if you want to establish the 'why' for innocence. Other than that, you could have a 'Senya loved Kyrie', which somewhat weakens her belief that you are the murderer.
Senya loved Kyrie. I love Senya. Empress killed Kyrie greedily.
edit Damn. Can't count. Best I can up up with.
In this case, the why for her love is left to her to come up with. She'd love us because we love her obsession (Kyrie) and because Senya loved her, he therefor felt the same pain Qin did when Kyrie was killed. A mutual understanding of suffering can usually bond people together. Again, we'd play the tragic lover - Yua, cue the tears!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You know, given the circumstances that we're currently in, you can expect her to interpret 'They', 'I', 'He' and 'She' in proper context, should you use it in a way such as 'They loved each other', or 'I love what she loved'.

Needing her mind to fill in the blanks can be an advantage too.

edit: And the word limit is an attempt to limit the suggestion to something simple, not some convoluted munchkinized power-gaming plan rife with triple-level contingencies.

I'm interpreting your line as three different parts:

Senya and Kyrie's relationship.
How she feels about Senya.
The Empress's role in Kyrie's murder.

That's a bit more complex than I'd like to allow for. Could it be limited to two, with wording that allows her to connect the dots for herself?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I figure ideally I should restrict it to a single sentence of ten words or less, to prevent cramming of ideas, but as long as it doesn't get too silly I'll permit it.

man we could come up with some real sick, crazy stuff here
btw: just making this woman loves us by compulsion is far, far deeper into the EVUL territory than merely shredding her brians.

not that I care, but some might.

It's pretty bad, yes, but as it is a suggestion it is hardly a permanent compulsion; people can fall out of love... though I wonder if that will happen with this particular girl. The nicest thing you could do as a follow-up is to take responsibility for your actions like a man, of course.

man we could come up with some real sick, crazy stuff here
btw: just making this woman loves us by compulsion is far, far deeper into the EVUL territory than merely shredding her brians.

not that I care, but some might.
Whu? And women don't do that to men all the time? Seriously, she tried to kill us. We're just defending ourselves and doing it in a way that helps her help us save Kyrie - which is what she'd want if she could possibly believe she was alive... *cough* Ok, it's bad, but it's nowhere near turning her into a vegetable

You know, given the circumstances that we're currently in, you can expect her to interpret 'They', 'I', 'He' and 'She' in proper context, should you use it in a way such as 'They loved each other', or 'I love what she loved'.

Needing her mind to fill in the blanks can be an advantage too.

edit: And the word limit is an attempt to limit the suggestion to something simple, not some convoluted munchkinized power-gaming plan.
:rpgcodex:
I'm interpreting your line as three different parts:

Senya and Kyrie's relationship.
How she feels about Senya.
The Empress's role in Kyrie's murder.

That's a bit more complex than I'd like to allow for. Could it be limited to two, with wording that allows her to connect the dots for herself?
In that case we either let her love us on her own or let her assume our feelings for Kyrie on her own - as you pretty much showed us that unless we exonerate ourselves, she'll want to kill us - even if she loves us.

Empress framed him for power. I love him.
Senya loved her, she him. Empress framed him for power.

One sentence versions:
Empress framed him for power, but I love him.
Senya was her lover, but Empress framed him for power.

My preference is for Senya loved her, she him. Empress framed him for power. as it's clearest.

Push-up bra. All I'm say'n.

edit: root Well, personally, I'd consider it less evil to force someone to love me, than to murder them. In the former, they are alive and happy. They have freewill in every other aspect of their life. With the latter action, they are dead and I have denied them ALL freewill - imposing my will over theirs absolutely. Robbing their freewill entirely, rather than partially.

ScubaV

Prophet
You put in some fine work Lambchop, but I also am not keen on implanting ideas of love. Gonna go with:

B "Empress killed Kyrie for political gain, Hoshikawa is a scapegoat"

treave said we'll have to follow it up with appropriate actions, but I think that's all we can really ask for. We can't solve everything with a ten word suggestion.

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
Get a hold of yourselves, you fucking morons. What's with the "love" shtick? Why the fuck would we want her to love us? She's a possessive psycho.
If we actually want an ally, let's make her support Senya and Kyrie and distrust the Empress(and Naim), that way when she finds out Kyrie is alive and we want to save her, Qin won't do some psychotic betrayal. Let's think at least a little long-term. Besides, we don't need a lover, just an ally/servant/friend(though if develops a gentle crush on Senya on her own, that's fine). We already have Kyrie, Erika, and possibly our semi-sister as romantic possibilities.

Also considering all the Theseus references earlier, you guys want to 'magically' make someone else love you again?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B "Empress had Cyber Jack kill Kyrie, Hoshikawa is a scapegoat".

But if "Qin loves Senya" option is winning, I'll flop to which ever has second most votes.

Get a hold of yourselves, you fucking morons. What's with the "love" shtick? Why the fuck would we want her to love us? She's a possessive psycho.
because treave said flipping the love switch was one of the only ways to get her to her believe our innocence. Kinda hard to believe someone is innocent when you hate them enough to murder them.

Also, she's not possessive, she's obsessive. It was just the wording root used in his suggestion that would make her possessive.

Plus, there's the chance we could make her into a longer term ally vs just calming her down here and now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom