Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It wouldn't break character. The scapegoat part might be hard to buy, she might not trust you immediately but the seeds of doubt will be planted. It's up to your actions afterwards to reinforce the suggestion.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's my vote then. I wonder if we can reinforce it sufficiently, but I'll rather take that option than ignore her completely/mindrape her.

B "Empress killed Kyrie for political gain, Hoshikawa is a scapegoat"

Flopped to Lambchops idea:

B "Senya loved Kyrie. He's innocent. Empress killed Kyrie for power."

Tigranes

Arcane
I'll post again, but it has to be B or C. We can't afford any more Insanity Points with D, and A.... I don't know, I think revealing more information to more people and leaving more traces is silly at this point.

ScubaV

Prophet
I like Azira's plan, but before I officially vote I want to see if there are alternatives. Esquilax, Lambchop19 you guys usually have strong ideas on things. Any arguments for another choice?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I'll join the Azira bandwagon, but I have nagging feeling we are forgetting something important.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I like Azira's plan, but before I officially vote I want to see if there are alternatives. Esquilax, Lambchop19 you guys usually have strong ideas on things. Any arguments for another choice?
A is a loser. She tricks us into thinking it worked and then we get surprised later. (She's way to fanatical too give up just because WE SAY she isn't dead.) C is just giving up and blows nearly all the moment we've gained so far. D is tempting, but is a waste, rather like when Dio killed the only girl who ever really loved him. For now:

treave, if hoshikawa is a scapegoat is hard to buy, what about: Empress killed Kyrie for political gain. Hoshikawa loved Kyrie too.

edit: ^Thought about it. Doesn't directly exonerate us though. She could still think we helped kill her out of jealousy or something. Sticking w bandwagon.

edit: Although, I guess you could make an argument for A given treave's earlier suggestion about her singing and us declaring our love for Kyrie. That might actually flabbergast Shulgi into letting her go, provided she believes us, that is. Which I find unlikely at this point. Maybe had we sabotaged the corpse, but not now.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I'll join the Azira bandwagon, but I have nagging feeling we are forgetting something important.

Probably the reason why she is being harassed by Cyber Jack, which everyone was sure we'd uncover by interrogating her because she is so suspicious?

You have given up the chance at cracking the case wide open in favor of a chance at clearing up Kawano's involvement, and even that isn't a certain thing yet, depending on how the current vote goes.

Well, crap. Maybe the robot wasn't such a bad idea after all... :M

Kipeci

Arcane
Or maybe it was, let's see how this goes.

Remember, we let the Empress situation fester while doing other things we deemed to be more important, and look where that got us.

Esquilax

Arcane
I like Azira's suggestion, but I'd like to throw something out that might be broader:

Senya is Jack's enemy. My enemy's enemy is my friend.

Sure it's not foolproof, but we need to know her part in all of this. I could see some problems with my suggestion: she's not going to trust us easily right away, so we'll have to work on that because this is just a suggestion that needs to be reinforced over time. An issue is that it might not get us anything initially, but it would pay dividends over time.

Another problem is that the line "my enemy's enemy is my friend" line could be used against us. I believe that Cyber Jack has some powers similar to our own based on how easily he's able to get people to kill themselves, so implanting a counter-suggestion of "Cyber Jack is your friend, and Senya is my enemy" could lead to this blowing up in our face.

The positives here would be that we could actually begin working together and we'd find out what his interest in her is. It's good to avoid D, but it's also beneficial that she's alive because Cyber Jack is still going to keep coming after her. This would give us the opportunity to turn the tables once he comes after her again. Once we know why he's interested in her, we can start making plans of our own.

Edit: Actually it wouldn't work. She sees us as an enemy regardless.

The sentiment that I want to get across is: Cyber Jack is my enemy and Senya's enemy. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. But I don't know how to phrase that in ten words.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You might want to take a slightly different approach:

"If I die, do you think your next bodyguard will be able to protect you against Cyber Jack?"

"I don't care about that! If I bring you with me, she will finally be able to rest in peace!"

Right now she doesn't care what happens to her because she's not thinking clearly, but she doesn't deny that you can protect her. Perhaps an appeal to self-preservation - in Kyrie's name - would work? Whatever it is, both yours and Azira's approach would stop her current desire to slit your throat successfully. That part isn't hard. Thinking long-term, however, is trickier, depending on what you want to achieve here.

Kipeci

Arcane
As there needs to be some token resistance to the main proposal so that we can tell everyone how wrong they were if they manage to goof up, I will go with B - I love Hoshikawa but Kyrie had him. Now I do.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well, I have to wonder if we really want someone loving us who loves this intensely. She was willing to kill someone who she thought might be Senya for the sake of a pwincess she never really knew. Nonetheless, bring on the stalker girl I say.

B - I love Hoshikawa but Kyrie had him. Now I do.

Esquilax

Arcane
What do we want to get out of manipulating her noggin? Probably the following:
  • No more of her doing crazy shit to put her own life in danger
  • Learning why Cyber Jack is going after her in the first place
  • Hopefully another source of information to tap into for the future.
This is going to sound kinda nuts, but what if we made her believe that she was actually Kyrie? Even though she was at the funeral, her entire job as an actress is to portray Kyrie (or at least, her version of Kyrie) so maybe if she thinks that she's Kyrie, we can have her spill the beans and not constantly be at our throats. treave, in the movie role of Kyrie, I'm assuming Senya doesn't exist or isn't in the movie to begin with.

The best part is that when she's on set everyone will just think that she's taken up method acting :troll:

I think it could work, but it is definitely sneaky and it might push Senya slightly into slasher mode:

“Yes, she did. Killed by someone dear to her. I have no idea how he could have had the heart to do it… I saw them together when she visited the Spirit of Adventure. I could sense that she put all her trust in him, and this was how he repaid her? I can’t even imagine how she must have felt, or what he was thinking.”

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Having her hate or resent Kyrie is not possible, but flipping the love/hate switch for Senya is. The sentence, as written, sounds awfully possessive though... if you guys aren't careful this ends in Audition. :lol:

Edit: Esquilax's suggestion is pretty cruel. It might work, given how much she wants to be like her, but still... nasty thing to do, especially if we're abandoning her after she outlived her purposes. Interesting. Having her think she's Kyrie doesn't automagically let her know you're innocent, though.

Esquillax's suggestion will have her murdering Kyrie in the future so she can be the real one. Bad option. Let's be careful with how we manipulate this crazed, obsessive nutcase, ok?

I have to go to work soon, but I vote that we have a little extra time on this choice, given how frick'n creative some of the suggestions are getting.

Challenge: Let's see if we can find a suggestion that won't turn Senya into an utter sociopath so soon. I think the current Bandwagon vote is closer to this - provided Senya sells it, complete with the whole story about her dying in his arms and him telling her he'd coming back for her.

What about: Empress killed Kyrie for power. Senya was her innocent lover.

She saw that Kyrie trusted Senya. With the suggestion that we were lovers and Senya's tragic story of her death and Yua helping us cry fake tears out of the eye we can't see with anyway, it might work. treave?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Now, that was a good twist, I will consider flopping to that, Lambchop19. :salute: The key part here though, is trying to shift the murderous hate Qin feels, while also keeping the heat off of Senya. Painting him as a tragic hero that was framed for the murder perpetrated by a manipulative, psychopathic bitch is good, but we also have to make it believable. Stating Senya as Kyrie's lover would explain why she was in his arms, and also why he had to flee when he was named the perpetrator.

Thinking is called for. :hmmm:

The other option is a modification of another choice. Kyrie loved Senya. I love Senya. Empress greedily killed Kyrie.

Though that'd ramp us up on the evil scale and might needlessly complicate things. Depends how we play it. I like my other option better.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
How about this? "The Empress had Cyber Jack kill Kyrie. Senya is innocent." We let her figure out the why-part but at the same time we turn her attention toward capturing Cyber Jack.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Seeing as it's a suggestion, we can more or less plant what we will, but that won't give her a "why". She'll have to supply that herself, and the part of Senya being innocent might be a stretch in her mind, that's why I used the word "scapegoat" instead, as that implies reluctance towards ones role, though it doesn't spell out innocence as much.
I am still not swayed, but neither am I certain my wording is best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom