Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Rex Feral

Prophet
I don't really know how capable we are. But I doubt we could pull of option A.

B.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
A would be so awesome but not that subtle. Can't go and do superhero stuff when we opted to become secret agent.

B

a cut of domestic sheep prime

C Qin is odd. Odd as fuck. All else is a distraction.

edit: And it seems least likely to result in a bad end.

edit: also it will reveal our powers if we do A or B.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
At a guess, knowing the narrative nature of C&C, not choosing B will lead to our sister being injured. That said, C is very tempting. B doesn't seem like it'd necessarily be conspicuous or reveal our powers, but it's possible.

Esquilax

Arcane
“Then tell me everything.”

“I can't. He'll find out.”

“Who?”

“I can't tell you,” he insists.

Relius.

As for Qin, she's probably another Third Hierarch. Considering that she can trace her ancestry from the Concordiat refugees, we might be able to determine that Cyber Jack's interest in her stems from this. However, should we go interrogate her or go after the robot? I'm inclined to go after the robot because I'm pretty certain it won't reveal our powers - all it takes is a touch of our hand and it'll shut off, nobody will notice anything amiss in the commotion. The whole event will just look like a robot shutting off just as it was about to kill everyone.

In this reality, Naim is helping us. She didn't hear our conversation and her attempt at driving a conflict between the two of us didn't work. As wrong as I was about A2, I'm inclined to believe that if she acts very suspicious, he might be able to tell us if there's anything off about her behaviour or what her intentions really are.

In this reality, Naim is helping us. She didn't hear our conversation and her attempt at driving a conflict between the two of us didn't work. As wrong as I was about A2, I'm inclined to believe that if she acts very suspicious, he might be able to tell us if there's anything off about her behaviour or what her intentions really are.
Maybe. Maybe she'll get him killed. Or maybe she is Kyrie and Naim will ship her off back to Shulgi/Relius.

I'll be honest, I'm not as solid on this as I was with the previous choice. It's just, well, I have this feeling that this whole plot is more about her than it is about "cyber jack". If she isn't cyber jack herself. Whacky theories aside, no one's going to listen to me on this choice again, I guess. :shrug: Not like I have much to back myself though. Other than the fact that it was her people that sought us out for this job in the first place, but I guess that's not too much to go on. My vote stands. Pity. I really wanted to find out why an S class hacker would be after her at all, but if you guys want to continue on the slow route...

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The robot isn't attacking the guests, it's fleeing. It whacked its way past to clear a route, but right now it's just left the restaurant. You'll have to chase it down.

Kayerts

Arcane
Hm, reloading aggravates the headaches and causes us to take a hit to our humanity. We don't have a lot to go on, but for now I'd guess that the "vast entity" is the Great Idea and these temporal antics somehow involve him, what with the talk of being "perceived." I'm fuzzy on where Gieloth and Gieloth hybrids fit into the war between the Dio-led Masters and the Great Idea; seems like they might be considered an annoying minor faction at this point.

“Then tell me everything.”

“I can't. He'll find out.”

“Who?”

“I can't tell you,” he insists.

Relius.

Yeah. The only male candidates we know of who'd know we were looking for Kyrie and might have influence over Sir Naim, HERO OF THE FEDERATION, are Relius, Shulgi, and maybe Azo. The last two don't really make sense and probably wouldn't be reduced to relying on Naim.

The robot isn't attacking the guests, it's fleeing. It whacked its way past to clear a route, but right now it's just left the restaurant. You'll have to chase it down.

Robots don't flee out of a sense of self-preservation. If it's running, it's because it's evidence.

We could out ourselves to capture a server and thereby discover that Cyber Jack is controlling people through their neural augments, but Senya should be able to reason that out on his own. We could also invade the mind of the girl we're supposed to protect, but I suspect that counts as an inhumane act and will escalate our degeneration. Let's go with B.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I flopped to C, I think we should follow our intuition and put the question to Qin. That and I don't like not being by her side as her bodyguard. Our objective is to stop her from dying.

For some reason I think the robot is a diversion, I've nothing to prove this. But if Jack has been observing us for some time whilst we've been in proximity to the idol, he might pull a ploy to just get us away from the girl. Perhaps this is needless paranoia since we haven't' done much to attract attention to ourselves yet. His abilities however make me hesitant to believe that fully.

Zwist

Learned
Looks close to a draw to me.
And my plan was jumping out the window.

But I feel I owe Lambchop this one.
And if he is right and we were wrong again, he would not shut up for the next months or so :lol:

In conclusion:
C

:mhd:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Update in about 24 hours, give or take, so we have time to do our usual bout of flopping all over the thread.

I flopped to C, I think we should follow our intuition and put the question to Qin. That and I don't like not being by her side as her bodyguard. Our objective is to stop her from dying.

For some reason I think the robot is a diversion, I've nothing to prove this. But if Jack has been observing us for some time whilst we've been in proximity to the idol, he might pull a ploy to just get us away from the girl. Perhaps this is needless paranoia since we haven't' done much to attract attention to ourselves yet. His abilities however make me hesitant to believe that fully.
Bingo. Robots don't run. They self-destruct or fry their circuits. The choice says it MAY contain evidence. Not that it does.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
If the robot wanted to get rid of the evidence, it would have gone with the servers out of the window. It could be a diversion, but if Cyber Jack wanted a diversion, why not use the servers?

The choice says it MAY contain evidence. Not that it does.

B. I go after the robot. If it didn't go into a suicide jump with the servers, or deactivate itself on the spot, it might be carrying something important. I'll probably need to subdue it somehow, but with my upgraded abilities that shouldn't be a problem.

The robot might have taken Qin's fork to get a DNA sample or something. Going after it might give a insight to Cyber Jack and his motives. We can question her anytime we want. The only advantage in C is that she will be in shock when we question her.

We can question her anytime we want.
Maybe, maybe not. That's what everyone said about visiting the cult way back and look what happened. Cyber Jack isn't the issue here. She is. She's the one being chased. She's the one who's suspicious as hell. We know nothing about her, yet she's the entire reason we're here.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Entire reason why we are here, is to gain Azo's trust and find Kyrie. Best way to do that is to solve this case quickly and move on, not babysit her till she dies of old age.

Qin might be someone important and questioning her might give valuable information about big picture, but I'm tired of seeing Shulgi in every shadow.

Esquilax

Arcane
Now that I've thought about it, I don't think that the robot has shit. We found nothing on the CF that Cyber Jack manipulated a few updates ago, and the important part here is that he is very careful to never leave traces or loose ends. Why would he send a machine that could be traced back to him in any way? It seems very sloppy, and we know that he's anything but. I think that he sent the robot as a decoy in case we tried to prevent his human assassins from killing themselves.

That being said, I do believe that A would yield information at the cost of revealing ourselves.

Based on that, I am also flopping to C. I would advise Kipeci, TOME and Storyfag to do the same.

Throughout our dealings with her, Qin has tried to blow our cover and instigate a confrontation between ourselves and Naim. I have a feeling that she knows what's really going on. After all, an important question here is why Cyber Jack is hunting for her in the first place.

Kipeci

Arcane
I tried to hold out, but... oh, the tentacles! Their call is too strong!

Velebita2005-Croatobranchus-Foto_D_Baksic1.JPG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom