Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Rex Feral

Prophet
Yup, you are right about B1. I don't really care about getting information about Kyrie. And even if I wanted, I certainly wouldn't trust this idiot.

How do we know his information is legit ? And even if he knows something true about this, why do we trust him to tell us the truth ?

I admit C is a better option in getting information. But I'd rather not know for now than brain rape a semi-innocent man, because I am sure we could get information by other means.

Zwist

Learned
A. I dislike reloads.

Also Naim:

Did you guys notice how we tend to die to the biggest losers in play?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Transferring is a bit of a moot point, as you'll see in the next update should the reload option win. Huh, you really hate Naim, don't you? :lol:
:lol: Yep. Though I may be transferring a bit of my anger over the whole Theseus thing. I missed that vote, you see. Seeing it all happen again is...*sniff*...too painful.
Also, I don't believe I implied that you would be able to steal everything he has ever known. Only what little he knows of where Kyrie is. The methods are a bit too brute-force for anything more complicated than that.
So he
doesn't know that Qin is actually Kyrie? How about that.

edit: Sorry Zwist, but I have no desire to lose to Theseus AGAIN. My vote is C, but I'll flop to ANY reload option (especially A1) to stave off A from winning.

edit2: Plus, I'm curious to see how the reloading itself will be handled.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Naim gets all credit for killing the infamous terrorist Hoshikawa Senya, becomes the best-loved badass in the world. :lol:

I think that'd be great, personally.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well. Guess I was wrong. :oops:

Cyborg ninja is cool and all, but I'd rather reload. I don't want us to mindrape Naim either. For a reload, I'd be voting.
A1
We know she's alive, but we don't care right now. Sheesh. I'm a bit disillusioned right now, but I'd rather not have this CYOA go DEVOUR SOUL retarded..

As per treaves request, in order of preference:
Reload
A1>B1>C>B2

Side note:

Bros, I finally have the answer to the question that's been haunting me ever since I came to the Codex:
You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down and see a tortoise, Lambchop19. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, Lambchop19. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that, Lambchop19? Why are you not helping?
It's...it's because in the question the tortoise is really Naim...and I'm Dio.+M

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I regret missing the vote on whether to keep playing as Dio. Still it'd have been better if he was a bit more sympathetic and we didn't vote to kill off his beloved. It'd keep him more in the Blackadder realm of evil. I think Senya can reach that realm too.

Unrelatedly. I propose this be Ean's song.

I wasn't a big fan of Dio. Especially the way we played him. Mostly because he had virtually no power til he got the sword - though that stupid eye-loss bs with the cult was lame too. Also, the whole pimping out his fiancee as a rape victim was a little over the top...

Also, to all the Naim-lovers:
I like how us mind-zapping Naim just to be sure he's not a threat is horrible and paranoid, but Naim shooting us in the heart & freaking eye for the same reason is understandable.

ScubaV

Prophet
I don't really give two shits about Naim. If he died on set in a horrible accident I wouldn't really care. I do, however, care about Senya and his state of mind. He lost control when he killed those cultists for reasons that neither he as a character nor us as the audience understand (setting aside the fact that we chose that option in a CYOA). Indulging in those behaviors again, especially before he's had enough time for self-reflection and analysis seems incredibly dangerous to his mental stability and self-control.

Since we're keen on the Ean/Theseus comparisons, consider that Theseus stabbing Ean forced him to consume the voices and develop a permanent hunger in order to stay alive. It was a huge watershed moment in Ean's character arc. The hunger gave Ean great powers, but also a great weakness. We had to be constantly on guard against the hunger and made numerous, potentially suboptimal choices to keep it at bay and prevent Ean from losing control.

Similarly, I think mind-raping an innocent Naim (remember with a reload, he has yet to take direct aggressive action against us, the cultists at least were evil) will be a watershed moment for Senya. Sure it will probably open up more chances to engage in grimdarkery and develop his mind-rape powers, but there will certainly be a price to pay as well. I want to avoid paying that price unless it becomes necessary. It's not necessary yet.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I want to reload but I don't want to vote 1. If Kyrie finds out we said that while she is being brainwashed, she would stop resisting and that would make finding her pointless. But I just don't see how B2 would work.

Reload A1.

Bros, I'm thinking about 1 more and the more I do the less sense it makes. Think about it from Naim's perspective. If he hears that he'll either:
1. Not believe us. Remember that he's being lied to by Shulgi. If we confirm even a part of that lie, he'll trust us far less.
2. Think we're a dick for not wanting to rescue her. According to treave his motive is to save his friend's life and our being a dick and saying we don't care anymore won't exactly win any points.

treave, if we pick 1, does that mean we say we don't care or that we don't believe it's in her best interest to attempt a rescue?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
The choice wasn't worded all too clearly, but it would involve a mix of both. You indicate that she would be safer if you didn't do anything foolish to get to her, and also that you think you should move on since there's nothing you can do. You would also express satisfaction that she is alive and tell Naim knowing that is enough for you.

ScubaV

Prophet
If I'm not mistaken the current tally stands at:

Continue - 2 (Zwist, Kipeci)
Reload A1 - 3 (Azira, ScubaV, Tome)
Reload B1 - 2 (Esquilax, Rex Feral)
Reload C - 3 (Smashing Axe, Lambchop19, Storyfag)

Rex Feral

Prophet
Just so we are clear, my order of choices are B1>A1>C>Continue

That means that if no one else votes for B1 and you need a tie breaker or C or Continue are about to win then I flop to A1.

Baltika9

Arcane
Motherfu-
I leave you for one goddamn week. Goddamn B, fuck your cyborgs and fuck Azo, Shulgi and Kyrie will live.

Find them, keep them safe.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I value integrity and I would take responsibility and continue. But I refuse to suffer for a choice I did not make. And anyone who didn't vote A2 should make up their minds and vote for a reload.

Also, it would be nice if those who voted for A2 would change their vote for a reload :troll:

Esquilax

Arcane
I've made my bed, I'll lie in it. Flopped.

A

Edit: Lambchop19, yeah, I meant A. I know it sucks but we've soldiered on with Ean when we reached a bad end... so why not here? I realize we weren't offered a choice then but I dunno, just seems popamole. In any case, I believe treave won't be updating for a couple of days, so perhaps I'll mull things over and go with a reload if I decide to give into powergaming faggotry.

ScubaV

Prophet
Baltika9 and Esquilax not sure if you guys realize B isn't an option (well it is, but it's for reload, so you have to either choose A or pick something in addition to reload to).

I also voted A2, but I'm not ashamed of savescumming now and again. :smug:

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
reload! I'm not sure if A1 or B2 is more Senya? A2 wasn't very Senya as it was pretty straightforward and without pragmatically sticking to our plan or attempting to see where Naim would lead us, instead it was us showing our cards to a guy we don't particularly respect for no good reason. A1 is more keep our cards to our chest and look down on Naim, B2 is more look down on Naim and try to milk some info from him and consider manipulating/using him.

Would B2 give us more info? I want a character that actually learns about the plots going on around him!!! But without being a slasher psychopath whom nobody loves :(

Esquilax, it's not just your bed, it's the rest of ours as well. You were wrong. Deal with it and move on to being right again.

Flopped to A1 to prevent codex from ruining shit 2 updates in a row. (Even though I'm still not convinced this is better than C...)

Ok, I'm C, but if Esquilax confirms a flop to A (think it was a typo from the brofist of root's post), consider me flopping to A1.
edit: Unless treave is counting the reloaders as a whole (which would really only be fair. I mean, 4 vs 7...).

A1 unless by some miracle C becomes viable, then C.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Well it depends on how treave is counting the votes. Will those in opposition to the cyborg choice be grouped together, or will each subset of B be counted on its own? I'd suggest sticking to C for the moment, lamby

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom