Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You could cut the strings, but it would be rather pointless since his perception can't stretch past the wormhole.

As for the cannon, wiping out an entire fleet tends to do wonders for the enemy's morale. Obviously you're not so stupid as to prematurely blow your shot.
Ok, then screw safe and reliable. Let's do the thing we're best at: destroying EVERYTHING.

BLACK HOLE GUN.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Funny how things turn out. We came up here to gain support from the military but what happens is that between Senya, the White Fang and the cult remnants we've pretty much completed the "Public Enemy No.1 of the Shinar/Federation", Greatest Hits Redux.

I can't imagine how President Julia will react if/when we make it back.

No wait, I'm the writer, of course I can. :troll:

Anabanana

Augur

And a damned fine one at that, treave bro. :bro:

Also aaaarggghh so tempted to just go BLACK HOLE CANNON but nah, working together with sis to make wormholes is cool. A.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Maybe D - ask what the others think and make an informed decision for a change? Maybe we could haggle with Traliss a bit and do what she wants in exchange for some kind of a favor? Political protection from the Federation, or something?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What Tarliss wants = Vajra pieces, or failing that a safe exit from Imperial space.

She was never hoping for the former after her mission went awry, and you've passed the deadline to be able to reprise that mission successfully.

You can achieve the latter by:

A - running
B - fighting
C - negotiating

As long as she returns in one piece she will be grateful and you will have leverage.

None of the others will be able to offer you any more advice considering that you roped them in for a covert rescue mission and all of a sudden you're ramming warships and sassing deities of the Empire. Everything is off the tracks. They don't know what to expect anymore. You are the most informed one of the bunch already, you can't get any more informed than this by talking to them.

Baltika9

Arcane
I can't imagine how President Julia will react if/when we make it back
Hopefully with an aneurysm, which will save us a lot of trouble.

Can't we try to persuade Rei to help us with Black Hole Cannon, straight-up, instead of duping her into it?
If she says no, fine, teleport outta here, but why must we lie to her? Remember, she was a soldier once, too, so she may undrerstand the necessity.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Can't we try to persuade Rei to help us with Black Hole Cannon, straight-up, instead of duping her into it?
If she says no, fine, teleport outta here, but why must we lie to her? Remember, she was a soldier once, too, so she may undrerstand the necessity.

This. Very much this.

Rex Feral

Prophet

+1

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Who said anything about lying to her? o_O

Why would she care about the lives of the Imperial soldiers?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, you haven't brought up the black hole cannon option to her yet in the update, but I can seriously see no reason why she'd say no, given that you're the one who knows all about this tech and she doesn't. She'll take your word for it. She's supplying the energy, whether you use it to flee immediately or darken the light of the Empire by snuffing out their suns hardly matters to her, as long as you don't touch the cultists.

The massacre of the cult and subsequent harsh exile has made her a bit more insular in her faith (it was a pretty radical massacre. Rejoicing in rains of blood and all that. Damaged her psyche a bit to watch it) She's a bit less accommodating of non-believers nowadays, though she tries to keep those thoughts to herself.

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, that was my confusion. I must appraise this more, since nothing ever comes free. Going for the "lol, BLACK HOLEZ CANNON!" option is liable to have consequences.

...like the "THUNDERDTRUCK!" option I flopped to at Olympus, even though Brosquilax and I worked out a wonderful plan.

Sure, cheap laughs, but I regreted it ever since.

Baltika9

Arcane
As awesome as decimating Belly-A's fleet is,I'm going for
A
because B won't work and cause more problems than it's worth: the enemy knows we're near the asteroid and I'm pretty sure that someone called "The Tactician" will take all the necessary precautions to approach us safely, especially after our little demonstration on the Belesis. He already knows to expect the unexpected and he'll probably split his fleet up, which counter our Black Hole cannon. Sure, we'll probably kill a good chunk, but we'll have to fight the rest.

As it stands, we bought ourselves time by not obscuring our presence. That pretty much excludes B.
It was awesome at the time. :lol:
Fuck yeah it was!

aleam iacis

Liturgist
Codex USB, 2014 BattleTech
I also vote A. The enemy fleet isn't all arriving at once, and we have very limited forces for a conventional engagement.

Also, I love the way the past few updates have gone.

Jester

Arbiter
vote A

B i think that something like BHC can be detected by scanners so no getting them off guard and it will be hard to fend off them until significant forces will get into range.
C nah after all why they would keep their word? Our new friend looks like he is quite interested in us.
:codexisfor:

hey that update with lighting was major success at trolling people and everything that end up in opening portal to Cathulu verse is precious (space grasshoppers, pet spheres and cool update about emperor saving his troops).

I can't imagine how President Julia will react if/when we make it back.

Hmm first she has to find out still we rather don't spread info with who we go on space holidays on spacebook and Senya parents rather don't wish it to spread. Mby from Mere although she answer to people higher than Julia so doubt it. Still i would like to know how she looked when she find out about WF i am quite sure she will be very happy that we helped screwed her reputation in League. In my opinion her debt still isn't paid and that mean something.

Still expect she will become pain in our collective ass.
:troll:

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, can we be a smartass and tell Senya's mother we were out picking up chicks? No reason for it other than lulz, really.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Off-the-wall suggestion:
What about T for tentacle? I.e, we merge with the Gieloth and surrender to them - either by tricking her into it by telling her we want to be her new host (assuming our mind powers can cancel her control over us at this point...) or by offering her a legitimate-ish partnership of some sort. Then we use our powers/tentacles to kill the enemy psychic and possibly later to assassinate the emperor.

Alright, I confess, I just want Senya to get back his:
:mhd:
For the record, I still want B, but maybe in the future...

Tigranes

Arcane
A. Defeating the Tactician in a straight up confrontation and wiping out the pursuers is a great prize, but it would only be a reasonable risk if he was, say, flustered and driving hard to reach us ASAP. As it is, we're only ahead of him because he was so careful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom