Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    ...yeah, I'm not convinced either. B1. We need to regroup and talk to Sekh about this.

EDIT: All righty then~ Kayerts' B2, but let's try and stick within a time limit.

^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Oh, no, the terms proposed in B2 would work, only that I will also let you know of the changes that would be required to make it acceptable to Adrahasis, as I just did for Kayerts's proposal.

If B2 wins the proposal that is agreed upon will be accepted should you guys accept the changes I make, which will be stated clearly. It'd be a very pointless choice otherwise if you guys take the trouble to agree on one proposal and in the next update you get lolnoped.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    C'mon guys, let's ally with Adrahasis. I even kind of pity Marduk, to be honest. Adrahasis seems to suggest that what's left of the real Marduk seems to be a honourable sort of guy. It's that just he's mostly posessed by the Great Devourer.

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Ah, but is it Marduk that the Great Devourer is play-acting when it is trying to be a proper ruler... or is it some other Emperor?

:troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    It has the Vajra pieces that were last seen on Marduk. And Ean was ruling, tortured, asleep and mind-melded with Sekhenun all that time, so he's accounted for. Any other God-Emperors we might be familiar with?

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    And I'm assuming this will be a collaborative project with Sek, right? Since she's the only other one alive that toyed with trans-dimensional physics.

Will we have to trade in Ean's return for that as well?

^ Top  
  7. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
  8. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Well:

Maybe Marduk fondly remembers that dick who showed up for three minutes and shanked him with a lightning bolt, right when he was about to achieve ultimate power? If you look WAY back in the thread, he's been pretending to be Ean ever since he arose in Babylon; maybe he's up to his old tricks.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Kayerts, you're telling me that all this time, Marduk was Ean's #1 fanboi?
    Going with Kayerts' plan, especially because I want to see this
    The most hardcore and manly military in the universe practicing drills and fitness to J-Pop. Also, Adrahasis finally finding his true love in Rei.

Let's wrap this up I can go play a Guan-Dao toting Chinese General.

^ Top  
  10. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Will go with B2, Kayerts had similar idea to mine and i like it.

As for why Tactican would ally with us. Highlighting that Marduk will become powered up avatar of hunger after passing gate, probably making him same as masters are now with addition of being unmatched and insane. Emperor impossible to control, who will do what after finishing Masters? Whats more we have tech with allowed us to fight their emperor after year of research still possible to improve?

Having some advanced masters calculator we probably can make another road there after studying it, after all we got Sek and Senya. (this info could be useful in negotiations probably)
    Wonder if they mailed some more to League.

Cant we use our tech to send Empire forces to core systems of League bypassing their defenses or back into Empire space? We could schedule second gate with them to get them back, or contact if needed. Either one would catch League off guard, will it be their command center or assault fleet. We could even try to get they leaders i got impression that League effectiveness would be heavily affected with power vacuum.

^ Top  
  11. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    B2

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    B2, within the time limit. It's pretty much what I was going to suggest, and I don't think 6 months is too unreasonable. The only sad thing is that we probably won't be able to figure out how to extract Shulgi from the sun in that time. Not only would I love to see Ean from an outsider's perspective, but I'd love to see Ean and Shulgi reunited. Naram making a comeback as the crazy retard would be amusing as well (maybe he got elevated to concept status as well and will possess Naim, wink wink nudge nudge).

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    :takemyjewgold:

^ Top  
  14. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19

Elevated to the concept of anti-bro/simpleton? Yes, I think Naim would express him quite well... :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Unlikely, but... Dio? Hungered for power constantly, was his sole driving force.

^ Top  
  16. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    If Dio was a concept, he'd be pride or selfishness, not hunger. I rather think Dio was our Master friend and Marduk's current state is a result of devouring Zeus and then getting stuck in the void for 3000+ years. Could be wrong though... Maybe in his desperation to escape he was able to reach out to some thing else and it took him over. (Sort of like how we have the ability to reach out to some forgotten thing and erase people?)

Concepts. I wonder. Like creation or destruction? Are we a concept ourselves? Hmm.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Naw, Dio is pure ambition. He's been selfless a couple of times, and never really greedy. Just an unscrupulous douche.

Say, by what period of chinese history is your next LP inspired by, treave?

What about the dating sim? Is it ancient times, or will we get to chill out with Alhazred maybe? Modern times?

^ Top  
  18. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    I regret that we didn't enter the dragon age realm when we had the chance as Ean. It'd have been cool to be the rightful emperor of two worlds.

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The Devourer is its own entity with its own grudge against the Masters, for what that's worth. You'll notice that I didn't refer to the Emperor as Marduk.

As for the next LP, it could either be the age of the gods during the Zhou dynasty, martial arts focused, during the Song, or a hybrid of both in a made up place and time that is similar but not quite China.

As for the other one, a brief prologue in 1015 Kievan Rus, then we go from 1815 to 2015, playing a character from each generation.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :love:
    Will we get to fight Mongols if we go with Song?

^ Top  
  21. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Maybe. Nothing is set in stone yet.

^ Top  
  22. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    A Kievan Rus' LP interests me, even a partial one.

About this thread, current thoughts: "concept" is another word for "idea." My guess is that ideas can be Great or merely Pretty Good. Senya, Rei, and the Emperor are all Pretty Good Ideas: creation, destruction, hunger. They are aspects of existence. Whereas the fatass in the center of universes represents existence itself, and thus is Great. The Pretty Good Ideas are terminals in that they, and their powers, are tied to one specific facet of what the Great Idea perceives. None of the Pretty Good ideas can die because they're tied to their respective concepts, which the Great Idea will continue perceiving, across multiple universes.

We cause ghosts to appear when we "die" because the Observer has to temporarily consider a world without one of its defining concepts (creation, destruction, hunger), and that results in a view sufficiently incongruous that it confuses the Observer. This causes it to stop perceiving some things, and causes the universe's memory leak to grow.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Close, but not quite. Senya and Rei are most assuredly human, and mortal. Creation and destruction are just their ability to add and delete the records, parsed in a way their mortal minds can understand. A 'concept' like the Great Devourer is an aberration. Concepts by themselves are just ideas stored in the record, like laws that govern the thought of sentient beings. This is what it means to be cold, or hot, or hungry. They have no will.

On a tangent, the Great Idea itself is of course the idea of existence. It may appear to have a will, but that is really nothing more than what is required of it to carry out its duties because of its nature as the administrator and repository of fate. It is something of an idiot god; not as much as an Azathoth, but certainly very limited in its thinking. When Senya dies, it cannot register what it perceives as itself to have 'ended', and thus discards possibilities to reshuffle the universe back into a place where Senya exists. Those possibilities are what end up as lost information. The greater the duration, the more information is lost. This is in addition to the information that disappears when things die or are destroyed. It is a very flawed observer.

Going back to the Devourer, rather than being an original concept, it is something that has associated itself so strongly with the idea of hunger in this universe that it appears to embody the concept here. It has become an actual glitch in the 'software' that the Masters use to create and recreate their pet universe... a rather specific glitch. We know that voices are made in batches, they have codes, and some of them can go faulty. It is no coincidence that Ean consuming his voices triggered a nature similar to the Gieloth, who in turn appear to be related to the Devourer after some fashion. Perhaps time is a closed loop. Or perhaps some voices are always faulty. At any rate, as long as this universe exists it cannot be totally destroyed, and it would reemerge when it is remade. It has grown in strength till it exists on the same level as the Masters now, and the only thing keeping them rather blase about the whole affair is that this far it has always been confined to the universe they created.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Since you seem to be in a talkative mood, it's time for Storyfag's Silly Questions(tm)(R)(c)

1. What would have happened had Senya decided to rip apart the pocket dimension the Master created to meet with him?
    2. Why exactly did the Indus Confederation burn Inane Flowers left and right?
    3. What's the deal with the Watchers waaay back in Dio's time. They had a funny smell about them. Were they supernatural in some way?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You let in the white ghosts and they turn him into goo, the Star League already had agents on Earth, and Watchers were just really well-trained humans though some of them were enhanced via the Naram-Master's experiments.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.