Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    A2

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Esquilax has outlined a great plan (something I was considering too but too occupied to type up), however, we must be extremely cautious as to which admirals and Deities we'll pair up. Interpersonal conflicts causing mutiny and betrayal to the League is the absolute last thing we need.

On that note, I think that we ought to give the Empire's hotheads (the two disgraced legions, Adrasteia and the super-devout Jherveg) our most professional fleets (which means First, Fourth and Sixth; add the Fourth under Adm. Kuran, since we must send a fleet with each legion) and send them to the fortified sector, under Ean's command. That's just the type of battle he needs to cut his teeth on, and the professionals we'll place at his disposal will make learning all the easier for him.

Meanwhile, all of our dissidents will be under the management of Senya and Grimrock (who was with Harlsen since she was an ensign, which means he likely has some influence on her) and keep Kadowaki in plain sight as much as possible: from his words, he's the one most likely man to betray us.
    These guys, plus the other two legions will come with us to the prize-world and be on stanby. A hundred-thousand ships is a pretty massive number, I think that will be enough to get Epsilon's attention.

One more thing: I think we should be underplaying our technological superiority as much as possible so that we still have aces in our sleeves when it comes time to take down Alpha. In fact, the less they know about Ean (I think the Masters may shit a brick and start backing them up if they find out the extent of his involvement; the dude is ad big a threat to their influence as the Devourer was), our black-hole powered ships and our mega CF, the better.

Also, I think we should take the Degen-field to help us against drones, I can't believe Ioverlooked that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Back and updated, missed some things... Oh well.

So about frame
    III - tactical options to good to ignore in my opinion
    up VIII - best way to survive? Not being hit in first place.
    IX - annoying secret tech super robot? freeze sucker and decompose him. (or mby chain reaction rocket disposer. Would destroying few trigger all?)

attack
    B: tl;dr Assault Gelmark in a surprise attack before Delta and Gamma fleet arrive. While this is going on, situate another large force at Tejat A to threaten the Star League's planet and to draw out Epsilon. As a bonus, our forces will only be one jump away from each other, allowing the possibility of sending reinforcements in short order if we feel that one of them is threatened.

^ Top  
  4. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    This :salute:

^ Top  
  5. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax

Good call, but perhaps it might be better for Ean to prepare for a potential planetary assault? His specialty is fighting on the ground where he can carve through any Star League bigwigs with ease. However, treave, when you say "fortress-system" does that mean a bunch of well-defended planets and the possibility of ground-fighting that Ean might be more effective in?

One thing we ought to consider is that Epsilon is at Tejat A at the moment. It would be a smart tactical move for them to block off such a strategic location, particularly if they're expecting us to come there. In fact, this is a somewhat likely place for them to be. treave, I know that we don't know where Epsilon is, but do we at least know where they're not? That is, are we confident that Tejat A is clear?

Remember guys, we should consider the possibility that Epsilon is right in what's described in the update as "an uninhabited system and the most remote." Our people would be the least likely to find them in such a place.

We may not have a choice here. The Star League aren't going to be holding back, and neither should we. We threw down the gauntlet and went for a war, we better be willing to throw what we've got at them at the right time.

Possibly, but it seems ineffective against anything but drones:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The use of frames in Epsilon is experimental, formed after seeing the Federation's use of mechs. They are higher-specced and the pilots a lot more integrated with their machines. Expect Anhur mk II levels of performance from each CF. However, their pilots are generally inexperienced and the bulk of them were trained by Federation veterans like Vic Camna. There are a few notable aces, but we'll get to that when we encounter Epsilon.

Just assume it's a decision reached after much more talking amongst the war council, meaning that his input has already been given. If the Grand Marshal wasn't satisfied with the outcome of their discussions he wouldn't have approved the plan. He's not the sort who'll just stay quiet and sulk if he thinks everyone is heading towards a direction that he disagrees with.

No, fortress systems have a string of space fortresses with very big guns. Gelmark is a natural choke-point for travel towards the Carneus Alpha system, which is why it has been very heavily fortified with more than twenty moon-sized movable fortresses orbiting its star. Of course, the inhabited planets there have good planetary defenses and a strong garrison, but there is no need to land unless you want to occupy. Boarding and hijacking a space fortress is definitely possible though.

Rather confident, with a 95% certainty. It's hard to be absolutely certain.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Ah, right, you might also want to consider the make-up of the forces; here's a brief description of the three types of warships in order to help with that:

Super heavy battleship:
    Enormous battleships, lots of everything. Weapons, shielding and armour are top-notch. Usually the largest and most sturdy of these will be the flagship of the fleet. Their acceleration and maneuverability is low, however.

Battleship:
    Heavy weaponry and armour are the focus. Faster than a super heavy battleship, but not by much. Carries the most drones and CFs; the Federation CF carrier has gradually gotten more and more guns and armour until it is indistinguishable from a battleship.

Cruisers:
    Lightly armoured and gunned, consists of the fastest ships in the fleet. Might carry a small contingent of drones or CFs, if we are talking about the Star League or Federation, but it is also common to find cruisers that don't provide the hangar space in order to achieve a smaller profile and a faster speed.

As for differences between the factions, in general;

The Federation's doctrine continues to revolve around frames - the warships tend to act as support units to the mechs, staying at long ranges to provide covering fire. They generally have smaller, less lightly armed and shielded ships, but the new black hole engines will allow them to punch above their weight.

The Empire focuses on armour and mass volleys, drowning the enemy in fire. They have a lot more missiles on their warships than other factions, and their warships are also sturdier.

The League's ships are built around particle beams. Their ships are more maneuverable than those of the other two factions as far as warships go, allowing them to constantly shift position to fire an accurate beam salvo. The drones act to screen enemy fire and also to pin the enemy fleet in position with relentless attacks.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, do the fleets and legions have specializations, or are they equally good at everything?
    Hmm, the reasons I want Ean to go to the siege are these: he will have competent officers with many years of experience to act as his advisors and enough professionalism not to drown him in dwama; and he will get a fuckhueg force of almost three hundred thousand warships and CFs of all shapes and sizes, which will allow him yo expetiment and learn from experience. Remember, the dude wasn't around for all the high-tech stuff (I doubt he even handled a pistol when in chapter seven), let him ease into it before we start sending him (or rather, let him; hell, I'm half-confident he'll figure out the ramming tactic within five minutes of the engagement) on crazy missions

'Sides, I thing the supergeniuses Belly-A and Senya (the brains and the balls, respectively) can handle Epsilon together. I really want to se them working as a tag team.
    Yeah, we really need a counter for drones, they're the bread-and-butter of the League. Besides, it's not like we can't freeze up and inconvenience smaller ships, too. The description says that only superhumans with high regen can nullify it. Well, it just so happens that the League has way less superhumans than the Empire. :smug:
    I'm just not sure if I should sacrifice the drones or the armor from my vote.

Multifaceted discussion hitting mind and keyboard, OMG ITZ HEAVAN!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Each of the fleets, legions and armadas are relatively well-balanced, though some focus on heavier ships than most. For the Empire and the League, most of the specialization comes into play at lower levels of organization, while for the Federation they rely on their CFs to be outfitted for different missions - a mech kitted out for planetary assault and landings and a mech kitted out for fleet defense will not have the same load-out.

^ Top  
  10. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I think Baltika is right that we need to keep a handle on the possible traitors and I think Esquilax is right that Ean may be better suited to assault the planet. Again, Ean's not nearly as useful in space and, should it come to it, he could overpower any enemy heavies a ground war.

As for our targets and the grouping of our fleets, I'm compiling all current information in a somewhat easier to read format (for me at least), which I will post. I'll have it ready soon and then present my strategy (probably similar to Esquilax's, but I won't know til I've gone through all the information).

edit: alright, all done. sorry if this only ends up useful to me. anyway, took a while and I still don't have a plan yet. will come up with one after I get some sleep.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Ultimate Objective:
    Show Spoiler
    As we can see here, our final goal is located right on the brink of the supermassive black hole, within the Carneus Alpha star system consisting of a red giant and sixteen planets. The entirety of Carneus Alpha is filled with defense drones. These will fire upon anything that strays close to the system as long as the League is not yet defeated. Approaching it directly is not an option. The closest we can get before crushing them will be Carneus Beta, the last jump point before reaching our goal at Alpha.

Given the number of Imperial ships that we have to carry through, we will only be able to reach these three systems. Each of them is close to a slipspace route that will lead us closer to Carneus Alpha. [If we split up our forces, we would only be able to coordinate properly once we are in the same system again.]

Target Systems:
    Show Spoiler

Gelmark:
    Gelmark is one of the League’s fortress systems. Sector Armada Delta is stationed there at the moment, but it provides us with one of the quickest routes to Carneus Beta, allowing us to get there within four jumps.

Fortress systems have a string of space fortresses with very big guns. Gelmark is a natural choke-point for travel towards the Carneus Alpha system, which is why it has been very heavily fortified with more than twenty moon-sized movable fortresses orbiting its star. Of course, the inhabited planets there have good planetary defenses and a strong garrison, but there is no need to land unless you want to occupy. Boarding and hijacking a space fortress is definitely possible though.

Dormungan:
    Dormungan is also occupied, but we should not see any significant League presence. From there we can reach Gelmark in three jumps, or reach Carneus Beta within eight.

Tejat A:
    Finally, Tejat A is an uninhabited system and the most remote. However, it allows us to reach one of the League’s prize-worlds, Bainur, within two jumps. From there, we can reach Gelmark and Dormungan with just one jump each, or reach Carneus Beta with five.”

Bainur is something akin to a resort world. Stunningly beautiful and pristine. As for why the League would prioritise it so much, it is a playground of their VIPs and at any time you can find plenty of important people from all over the Star League. If you're lucky you might even catch their President vacationing there. Now, the Council itself doesn't really give a shit, but the system they've created in segregating the fleets by place of origin means that if Bainur is seriously threatened they will need to act to dispel the threat or really lose face and possibly face a mutiny from the affected fleets.

It's actually a bit more complex than this but that's about the gist of it. You can decide how to handle the Bainur situation if you send Senya there. If not it'll be up to whoever's commanding the force that heads there.

Tactical Breakdown:

Grand Marshal Ean Commanding ([immortal; power of the tree makes him excel at ground combat; can keep his troops in line using oppressive presence and old fashion intimidation]):

Federation Fleets:
    Show Spoiler

1st fleet (Harlsen)
    3 super heavy battleships
    150 battleships
    2000 cruisers
    7500 combat frames

2nd fleet (Kadowaki [potential traitor])
    1 super heavy battleship
    100 battleships
    1400 cruisers
    6000 combat frames

3rd fleet (Grimrock, Garland, Senya [and la bomba])
    Anhur-Shu
    1 asteroid battle-station
    1 super heavy battleship
    10 battleships
    500 cruisers
    5000 combat frames

4th Fleet (Kuran [seemed to identify with traitors when Jheverg threatened them, but could just have been identifying with the Federation in general])
    1 super heavy battleship
    80 battleships
    1650 cruisers
    4500 combat frames

5th Fleet (Richardson [seems to excited to get down to the action; said "By Ean" - could indicate some reverence of Ean])
    1 super heavy battleship
    70 battleships
    1500 cruisers
    5000 combat frames

6th Fleet (Fennell [tried to get everyone to calm down and work together])
    1 super heavy battleship
    110 battleships
    1250 cruisers
    5500 combat frames

7th fleet (Hasting [traitor's lover; antagonizes Bel-Adrasteia])
    1 super heavy battleship
    90 battleships
    1100 cruisers
    4300 combat frames

Imperial Legions:
    Show Spoiler

Dragon’s Guard (Adrahasis [tactician])
    815 super heavy battleships
    10931 battleships
    54106 cruisers

Raven’s Lance (Berith [also tried to get everyone to calm down and work together])
    500 super heavy battleships
    10500 battleships
    68500 cruisers

Devourer’s Hammer (Rahuk [compensating])
    1939 super heavy battleships
    27710 battleships
    33362 cruisers

Emperor’s Sword (Bel-Adrasteia [aggressive; openly near violent toward insolent/traitorous allies])
    2350 super heavy battleships
    21580 battleships
    46000 cruisers

Serpent’s Wing (Jheverg [fanatic; threatened probable traitor/traitor's lover])
    700 super heavy battleships
    13500 battleships
    55000 cruisers

Wolf’s Shield Legion (Vermilis [compensating])
    731 super heavy battleships
    9988 battleships
    51319 cruisers

Report on Enemy Star League Armada (Estimates):
    Show Spoiler

Sector Armada Alpha (Council of Nine [toughest challenge])
    (en route to the galactic core to await us)
    1000 super heavy battleships
    20000 battleships
    80000 cruisers
    2550000 drones

Sector Armada Beta (Helkyon Farges [one of the best commanders; probable council seat successor])
    (en route to combat zone; one week away)
    400 super heavy battleships
    10000 battleships
    100000 cruisers
    3000000 drones

Sector Armada Gamma (Shan Goranes [unknown])
    (en route to combat zone; one week away)
    600 super heavy battleships
    8500 battleships
    95000 cruisers
    2300000 drones

Sector Armada Delta (Volkin Swicks [prefers Imperial style of engagement - advancing with the support of heavy firepower; Hasting - potential traitor's lover - served under him])
    (at Gelmark)
    2000 super heavy battleships
    25000 battleships
    35000 cruisers
    1000000 drones

Expeditionary Fleet Epsilon (unknown)
    10 super heavy battleships
    3000 battleships
    10000 cruisers
    50000 combat frames

The use of frames in Epsilon is experimental, formed after seeing the Federation's use of mechs. They are higher-specced and the pilots a lot more integrated with their machines. Expect Anhur mk II levels of performance from each CF. However, their pilots are generally inexperienced and the bulk of them were trained by Federation veterans like Vic Camna. There are a few notable aces, but we'll get to that when we encounter Epsilon.

Intel:
    Show Spoiler
    Besides Delta (at Gelmark), we expect Beta and Gamma to be currently stationed in Imperial territory. They will have begun pulling back now that they know of our mission, but it will take them another week to arrive in the region of engagement. As for Armada Alpha, they should depart from the League’s home systems and begin heading towards the core to lie in wait for us. [Epsilon's location is unknown.]

I would not put too much certainty in these reports. They are likely to be correct, but as Adrahasis has demonstrated before this, it is possible to camouflage fleet movements via slipspace. We may yet be surprised.

Analysis of Ships and Weapons:

Ships:
    Show Spoiler

Super heavy battleship:
    Enormous battleships, lots of everything. Weapons, shielding and armour are top-notch. Usually the largest and most sturdy of these will be the flagship of the fleet. Their acceleration and maneuverability is low, however.

Battleship:
    Heavy weaponry and armour are the focus. Faster than a super heavy battleship, but not by much. Carries the most drones and CFs; the Federation CF carrier has gradually gotten more and more guns and armour until it is indistinguishable from a battleship.

Cruisers:
    Lightly armoured and gunned, consists of the fastest ships in the fleet. Might carry a small contingent of drones or CFs, if we are talking about the Star League or Federation, but it is also common to find cruisers that don't provide the hangar space in order to achieve a smaller profile and a faster speed.

Differences in Faction Ships And Weapons:
    Show Spoiler

The Federation's doctrine continues to revolve around frames - the warships tend to act as support units to the mechs, staying at long ranges to provide covering fire. They generally have smaller, less lightly armed and shielded ships, but the new black hole engines will allow them to punch above their weight.

The Empire focuses on armour and mass volleys, drowning the enemy in fire. They have a lot more missiles on their warships than other factions, and their warships are also sturdier.

The League's ships are built around particle beams. Their ships are more maneuverable than those of the other two factions as far as warships go, allowing them to constantly shift position to fire an accurate beam salvo. The drones act to screen enemy fire and also to pin the enemy fleet in position with relentless attacks.

Each of the fleets, legions and armadas are relatively well-balanced, though some focus on heavier ships than most. For the Empire and the League, most of the specialization comes into play at lower levels of organization, while for the Federation they rely on their CFs to be outfitted for different missions - a mech kitted out for planetary assault and landings and a mech kitted out for fleet defense will not have the same load-out.

Options (because I hate going back to another page to look this up):
    Show Spoiler

A. Gather all the forces together and pick a system to arrive in. Splitting up will become a headache later should anything unexpected happen.
    1. Gelmark. Making their stronghold the first site of battle will definitely surprise them. This is a good chance to destroy one of their Sector Armadas, severely reducing their forces before the other fleets can arrive to reinforce Delta.
    2. Dormungan. Playing it safe, we can still hit Gelmark or opt to travel further into the core. This will provide the least chances of encountering the enemy, allowing us to get into position and prepare in advance.
    3. Tejat A. This gives us the most options to follow up on. Besides that, Bainur is an important planet to the Star League. Attacking and holding it is sure to attract the attention of every League force. This could be useful.

B. Divide the forces and hit the systems simultaneously. (Free form plan, but each Imperial legion must initially be accompanied by at least one Federation fleet. There are multiple branches from each initial system later on so there is no need to plan the entire campaign with too much detail. Just dividing and assigning general aims for each task force will do).

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  12. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Thanks for that summary, Lambchop19. However, isn't Grimrock in charge of the 3rd fleet?

If you look at the estimates of Star League forces, you'll notice that Delta has significantly less drones (1 million) compared to Alpha (2.55 million), Beta (3 million) and Gamma (2.3 million). As the update mentioned, their leader Volkin Swicks prefers an Imperial style of engagement, meaning that the drones are less of a threat than they are with the other armadas. I'm not saying we should ignore them, but rather they aren't as big of a problem as the 20 moon-sized fortresses or the 2,000 super-heavy battleships we'll have to deal with. So the question is: how do we split our forces up?

Based partially on Baltika9's suggestions, I'm offering up this proposal:

Gelmark

I know my last pick with bringing Hasting to fight Delta will be controversial considering she managed to piss off every single Imperial ally we have almost instantly, but we have to remember that Hasting served under the Star League commander that we'll be fighting there, and as a result she's going to have the best idea of what our enemy is going to do. I am hoping that the cooler Federation heads that will tag along will manage to maintain a decent relationship with the Empire forces despite her best efforts to fuck everything up.

I'm also kinda iffy about Jheverg: the dude said that he was loyal to Senya, and I believe him, but I don't know how much that loyalty extends to Ean. Ean managed to instill some healthy fear and respect into Adrasteia, which is good considering she leads our largest army, but we'll see how the Grand-Marshall manages to get everyone else to fall into line. Nevertheless, we are assaulting a well-defended area, so it's probably the best to err on the side of MOAR troops.

Also, I'd like to point out that since we've got the element of surprise, having Ean hijack a fortress seems like a pretty awesome and viable option here.

I'm open to hearing counter-arguments on these particular choices, though.

Tejat A:

This force is smaller and is going to be in a location with more tactical options, so bringing Adrahasis along to make the most of it is a no-brainer. However, the most questionable person IMO to bring to Tejat is Senya because his planet-busting black hole gun could wreak havoc on the fortresses at Gelmark. At the same time, we still need Anhur-Shu to provide much needed teeth to this much smaller force.

It's also unfortunate that 3rd fleet is here because having Admiral Grimrock with Hasting could do a lot to keep her bullshit in check.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Thanks for compiling all the data, bro. But we also can't forget about these guys
    Good thing we have our own guys that can confidently say "FUCK SPECIAL FORCES!" Still, they're not a resource to be underestimated.

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Wait, treave, since Sek and Ean are so close and spent a thousand years together, how far can they communicate?

I'm thinking of dividing them between two groups and using them as, basically, radiomen, if that is at all possible.

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Not doable in their physical form for now. You will use Kyrie in a pinch but it's not guaranteed to be instant.

^ Top  
  16. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Esquilax
    How about taking Grimrock, Kadowaki and Kuran and their fleets to Gelmark instead of Fennel, Harlsen and Richardson and theirs? This will put potential traitors under Senya's and Ean's combined thumb, provide a voice of reason and calming influence on Hasting in the form of Grimrock, while at the same time giving a huge vote of confidence to Adrahasis, by leaving him in sole command of a competent fleet group.

treave
    1. I count six Deities. Where are the two remaining ones?
    2. Explain the tech we're using to me, and how it should relate to our strategy. If I understand correctly, it is impossible to make a single slipspace jump to any of our targets from Earth? We can only reach those targets due to our wormhole tech, right? The wormhole tech of which only Mere Traliss knows anything on the League side of things. Of course she'd tell the Council what we're capable of, but they'd only have estimates to work with, and in no way they would be able to forsee that we can bring entire Imperial Legions so deep into their territory.
    So what's the deepest they should be expecting us at? How far can we get into their turf from Earth with conventional slipspace drives before encountering significant resistance?

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The other two are not good at command.

In the worst case scenario they're expecting you to jump directly to Carneus Beta. They're preparing for that eventuality. Traveling into their territory conventionally is a massive waste of time and not an option. There's nothing significant that you can reach in a four week radius that they'd care to defend. They're gathering near where you're headed, as according to your plan. Departing from Earth via slipspace just means they'll just use that time to ensure passage to the core becomes even more impenetrable.

^ Top  
  18. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Oh I did not for even amoment intend to depart from Earth via slipspace. The League, however can't know how effective our other means of transit are, so will plan their defence thinking we're still limited by slipspace travel times.

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    They don't, which is exactly why they're actually operating on the assumption that you can jump right to your target, which appears to fit in with their current fleet movements. They're not underestimating the wormhole capabilities; they're being very cautious and overestimating it. Rest assured that they are already on high alert.

By the way, they didn't need to find out from Mere, having extracted records of your rescue mission where you used the wormhole for the first time while the Autonomous Fleet was still under their purview.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, good thing we didn't show them our black hole cannon.
    On the note of commander pairings: I'll propose something counter-intuitive, butbhear me out here. Let's pair up Adradteia with Hasting. I think that if these two will be forced to cooperate and rely on one another, they will quickly become either best buds or ultimate rivals*. Just look at their characters, they're very similar: both are hot-headed, agressive and talented with an offensive mindset. Besides which, Harlsen worked with an Imperial-stlyle fleet before, and no legion has as much firepower as Adrasteia. I think there is potential for synergy here.

Who are these two deities and what are they doing? And please tell me it's Ares ("R-Runi!? FUUUUUUU-").

^ Top  
  21. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Suddenly cannot into reading, Baltika?:rpgcodex:

treave
    One more question: what happened to Captain Garland?

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    It's wishful thinking, really. No way Ares would be sitting this out.

I just want Ean's troll-toy back.

^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Garland will be participating under the 3rd Fleet.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I think Senya should go to Gelmark. There is at least one enemy armada and his BHC packs a bigger punch should those fortresses prove too hard to conquer. Also I would put most the troublemakers under Senya and Ean (except for Adrasteia, who is kept under control by Adrahasis), while givind Adrahasis command at Tejat A.

Troops to Tejat A under Adrahasis:
    Adrasteia won't be giving us problems as long as Adrahasis keeps her in check. Harlsen and Fennell are capable of working together with empire troops and Kuran will unlikely cause problems when he is isolated of other troublemakers.

Total forces to Tejat A:
    3170 or 45% of super heavy battleships
    32851 or 35% of battleships
    105006 or 33% of cruisers
    17500 or 46% of combat frames

Troops to Gelmark under Senya and Ean:
    Ean and Senya should be able to keep the troublemakers out of each others throats. Rahuk and Vermilis are put here because they are both compensating and are eager to show their bravery. I want the "by Ean" guy work with Ean. Just to see how Ean reacts. And Berith keeps Jheverg in control.

Total forces to Gelmark:
    Anhur-Shu
    1 asteroid battle-station
    3871 or 55% of super heavy battleships
    61968 or 65% of battleships
    212681 or 67% of cruisers
    20300 or 54% of combat frames

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    That's all correct, I cant dispute that. However, while having both Senya and Ean at Gelmark would make the assault there much easier, it would really weaken our force in Tejat A. Having Anhur Shu there would make a big difference once we manage to draw the enemy out - which we will once they realize that their forces at Delta has been wiped out. Should we choose to make them desperate by taking their world, we'll have Senya's black hole cannon ready to spring out once they come after us.

The question in my mind is where Ean and Senya would be most useful. Now that I think about it, it seems that Ean would be most effective in attempting to take over Bainur (and hopefully in situations where he'd be fighting the Star League's Council of Nine once they're drawn out), while Senya would probably work best in wreaking havoc on the space-fortresses at Gelmark.

That being said, I could see Ean being useful if we can hijack one of their fortresses, or Senya being useful if we can bait Epsilon into revealing itself. Nevertheless, I think we need Ean and Senya separate in a multi-pronged assault.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.