Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Esquilax

Arcane
They can access it in limited ways, mostly via the Star League. They don't have full access, and probably can't as long as Ean and Sekh are around. They could probably retrieve Vajra from a black hole if they manifested themselves fully and rewound time, but that's actually more trouble than it's worth to them.

This seems to suggest that Ean and Sek can jam their signal by merely existing, so they do not have total access to our reality yet.

Sure, they know Ean exists, but not his whereabouts. Coupled with his psychic blank status... yeah, you get the picture.

At least, that's what I see there.

This is iffy. While I have no doubt that Ean and Sekhenun can cause problems for the Masters in this dimension, we don't know if this extends to the Masters' home turf. I'm sure that Sek can develop a few tricks that might help us, but I can't help but think that this analysis reeks of wishful thinking.

Oh yeah. Yeah. If the game is no longer important... Masters diplomacy, anybody? I think we can safely forego the bombs in that case... I don't think the Masters will be very inclined to play nice with us if we threaten them.

We're going to have to do some fighting in their dimension regardless of whether we get in there via sneaking or beating the Star League; we did agree to invade them, after all. So no matter what, some fighting will be involved - however, the question that remains is how much we'll learn provided we successfully get to the other side. For the moment, I've flopped to BCC because I feel that even though it's a massive risk, it'll put us in a better position to know things, while taking out the Star League and using a Jupiter bomb might leave us in a state of ignorance. No matter what we do, we have to learn all that we possibly can from the Masters, whether it's by force or through conversation with any Masters who've taken an interest in Senya's unique condition.

And well, the Masters could be very inclined to play nice if they are convinced that we can wipe them out before they manage to reset everything. The problem however, is the Catch-22 I mentioned before; Sun nuke wipes everything out, but has some potentially horrible consequences, while the Jupiter bomb leaves things (relatively intact) but will ensure that any surviving Masters reset everything. That being said, I would not be too averse to ABB winning - I think we can put together a winning strategy with that as well.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
How many masters are there, anyway?

SolMasters.PNG

Baltika9

Arcane
This is iffy. While I have no doubt that Ean and Sekhenun can cause problems for the Masters in this dimension, we don't know if this extends to the Masters' home turf. I'm sure that Sek can develop a few tricks that might help us, but I can't help but think that this analysis reeks of wishful thinking.
Oh? Ean is a psychic blank, we knew that ever since Crete. Zeus didn't sense him, neither did Marduk or Naram-Master/YHWH.

I don't see why that would change there.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Azira -AAB
Storyfag -ABB
Anabanana -BCC
Jester -BDA
Lambchop19 -BAA
ScubaV -BCC
Kipeci -BCC
Baltika9 -ACC
The Brazilian Slaughter - ABB
TOME -AAB
Smashing Axe -AAB
Tigranes -ABB
Esquilax -BCC

1. A - 7, B - 6
2. A - 4, B - 3, C - 5, D - 1
3. A - 2, B - 6, C - 5

ACB, huh? The update should begin in 4 hours so you have till then to decide if you want any last minute flops. But if anyone flips just to get a tie to delay for more time, ACB wins by default. :rpgcodex:

As for why you can't sneak a Jupiter bomb through even if it can be loaded on a ship, five hundred metres is still too big and unwieldy to carry for the purposes of the mission. You'll be sneaking past with Anhur + a support module attached to it, which would still be smaller than the Jupiter bomb.

Anabanana

Augur
........WHAT. We're taking on the Star League aka piss off the Masters route, but we're going in after we win without a bomb? Is that wise?

Tigranes

Arcane
Which... ties us on 2B/C. :PI'm already on ABB so I can't help, but yeah, ACB is a retarded combination. Problem is that we've got split votes between Sunbomb and Jupbomb.

ScubaV

Prophet
I'll flop to ABB if some weird ass combo that no one voted for like ACB is still winning by vote close.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
so it's a tie. Guess i have to flop. ABB. I'm on a mobile, not editing previous post.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

BCC - because the masters will just reset the universe if we win in a fight with the league and we'd still be delivering the winners of the game to them by going there. The only way to beat them is not to play their game by their rules. duh.

And for the record, I still think this is retarded.

edit: but it's less retarded than wasting time with the league and delivering to the masters want they want - a victor in the game - but without a sun bomb to destroy them with.

Esquilax

Arcane
A war with the Star League is possible for victory... but I think we would need to use the Sun bomb as a bluff to force the Masters into negotation with us. As Lambchop19 said, using the Jupiter bomb won't work because it doesn't work as a bluff.

The real problem with the war plan is that I don't think that the Jupiter bomb works well with a direct war on the Star League. Once we make it through, we don't really have much teeth in a negotiation. The Masters will know that our bomb isn't powerful enough to wipe everything out, so they might be willing to call our bluff. And if they do call it and we use the bomb, it's quite possible that they'll still survive and go for a reset. Having a real dimension-wiping nuke is a better bet if it comes down to coercing them.

I think the Jupiter bomb is best used with a surrender option. It's easier to sneak through, then once the Masters and the Star League are all in one place and congratulating the "winners" we unleash hell.

PS - the codex picks a genius as a player character to compensate for their mass-retardation and then, like true retards, ignore the plan of said genius character for one of their own choosing. Oh well, codex gonna:
:kingcomrade:

Also, I'll point out that even if we lose in BCC, meeting the masters and talking to them for infodump can give us the edge after we die and time rewinds.

Baltika9

Arcane
Uh, you mean like we've been doing all the time while playing Senya: saving Sargone in clearly retarded odds, the LOL-thal episode, Shulgi, boarding the Belesis, taking on the Dwaggon Emprah by ourselves.

Dude, Senya always relied on his cojones and bravado as much as his intelligence.

Uh, you mean like we've been doing all the time while playing Senya: saving Sargone in clearly retarded odds, the LOL-thal episode, Shulgi, boarding the Belesis, taking on the Dwaggon Emprah by ourselves.

Dude, Senya always relied on his cojones and bravado as much as his intelligence.
No, none of those were totally against Senya's outlined (or hinted at) plans. Maybe slightly out of character for a pragmatist. Maybe some of them were unexpected, but in the case of the ramming option, he clearly hinted to the captain he thought it a viable option.

This is different. He outlined a perfectly good plan, and everyone ignored it for "maximum glory, let's try to win in a straight fight with fucking everyone cause we're playing this lp like a power fantasy rather than a game we can lose if we try to have our cake and eat it too". That said, if we're going to ignore his plan, BCC is probably the best way to go.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
After TOME's flop, it is now:

1. A - 7, B - 6

2. A - 2, B - 4, C - 6, D - 1

3. A - 1, B - 6, C - 6

It's a tie in no.3, so I'd go ACB. But ScubaV said he'd flop from BCC to ABB if ACB wins, so...

1. A - 8, B - 5

2. A - 2, B - 5, C - 5, D - 1

3. A - 1, B - 7, C - 5

Now it's a tie in no.2. So I put in Baltika's option of going ABB.

1. A - 8, B - 5

2. A - 2, B - 6, C - 4, D - 1

3. A - 1, B - 8, C - 4

And so there we have it. ABB wins.

It's a real pity A only got one vote in the end. Having the Council shit their pants when you troll them with your betrayal, causing the rather limited AI of the automated defense systems to reset and think that there is no victor yet and begin shooting at every ship in sight, would have been quite awesome. Then you sneak through in the chaos. :lol:

I'm going to laugh when all this blows up in our faces and the Masters kill cruelly and painfully murder everyone except Senya and Rei and strap them in to some mind control computer so they can create a great idea under their control after the ghost singularity occurs and the great idea dies.

Btw, even if we win against the Masters somehow, I think picking A will mean the Empire's forces lose while we're gone. Fighting a war on two fronts anyone?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom