Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Whoops, my bad.
    Still, that doesn't change the fact that Senya has reality-warping powers. We can tear their reality apart, erase them from the Akashik records or shatterpoint their tech.

Yeah, it won't be easy, but I'm sure it's doable.

And removing Jupiter will screw up the whole Solar System, since we're removing the largest planet from the gravitational equation.

^ Top  
  2. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Oh please. We already have a black hole instead of Uranus. Removing Jupiter from the premises can't be much worse.

^ Top  
  3. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Actually, it will probably be even worse.

^ Top  
  4. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Well, in a infiltration we have Tree-Ean, who killed Naram-Master, Senya who can kill everything, Rei who can create everything, Sek for scientific expertise and possibly Spirits and Deities of the Empire.
    Do we get acess to our giant mech in the sneak option? In the cosmic scale, a giant mech is a speck. It would give us a edge, they don't have varidja to take blackholes to the chest and live.

It seems clear here that our ultimate goal is to defeat the Masters, stop the ghost apocalypse, turn Senya into the Observer, make a universe with true free will and bring back the dead from the Gray Death incident using the Inana Flowers and Rei's creating powers.

Yeah, messing up the Sun may not be so good a idea. We can evacuate, but I think people will be pissed we just saved Earth only to fuck it on the last moment, and one of these may be Ean. Also, if we blow the sun Shulgi probably dies for real. Jupiter is not going to be missed. Kill the retreaters, build the Jupiter Bomb to threaten the Masters with and defeat the Star League.

Time to defeat these dogs and then have some tea with Dio while holding a bomb. Say Dio, can you pass me tea? I would grab it but I might drop this delicate JUPITER BOMB on my hand if I do.

Flip-flopping to ABB.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    I think some way to bring Jupiter with us and chat with the Masters is the best way overall. Gives us at least some leverage to get maximum infodump before a reset if required, or w emight find some solution there. I'll figure out what my actual vote should be in a few hours.

^ Top  
  6. I'm actually surprised more "preserve the sun/earth!" people don't realize the solar system is likely already screwed because of this... Even if the black hole doesn't create major problems by throwing off the gravity of the entire solar system - altering the orbit of asteroids or comets so that they fly into Earth, messing with the orbits of the other planets so that they crash into Earth and/or screw up the Earth's tides - the Great Devourer could awaken any time and straight up EAT Earth with everyone on it. We'd end up with a situation like we had with Kyrie, where sparing her (sort of) killed her (sort of).

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah, we have mechs. And the beauty of 3C is that we don't need to kill their reality. All we need to do is take out the dickcheeses, raid their databases and we're golden.

Our broteam should be enough for that, I think.

^ Top  
  8. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Asteroids and Comets aren't a problem, we got black holes and starships, unless our efforts destroy technological civilization in the process, we can just preserve the black hole. The Black Hole there is stable AFAIK, I don't think it can awaken when it is being spaghettified at every femtosecond and crushed by mega-gravity. I hope we make sure to remind all surviving life in the galaxy that THERE'S A GIANT DEVOURING DRAGON EMPEROR IN URANUS PLEASE KEEP OBSERVING THE BLACK HOLE AT ALL TIMES. I would hate to see that thing returning because everyone started believing that black-hole devouring cosmic dragons are just a legend.

Earth doesn't have much people anymore, would be easy to tell the empire to evacuate. I'm thinking more about the people in the O'neill habitats who still need the sun. Taking Jupiter is no problem for them, but I'm unsure we can evacuate them, make the sun bomb AND take on the League at the same time. Jupiter does not present this problem.

Also, we don't want to straight-out kill the Masters, we want to stop their game and stop the Ghost Apocalypse, which seems to be accomplished by turning Senya into the Observer.

Also by keeping the sun we can find a way to return Shulgi back to life. Hell, if he truly wants to die Senya can properly kill him instead of letting him suffer in the sun. Also it makes it easier for Ean to eventually return to power and God-Emperor humanity all the way to Supreme Advancement.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Uh. Okay. So, one thing about destroying their dimension completely. Remember our encounter with the master earlier? Treave said that tearing apart his dimension then would've caused the grey ghosts to invade. What if by blowing their dimension up, we simply bring about the ghostpocalypse?

^ Top  
  10. Did you consider the Ghost Apocalypse may be their goal though? If Sek and Ean know, don't you think the Masters know about the data loss? Why create and destroy entire universes if you know it's going to cause a meltdown, unless that's your plan - or part of it at least?

No, the Masters must die. Look at the name they chose for themselves. Not "guardians" or "saviors", but "Masters". THEY want to become, or at least *control* the observer and they've already spilled the blood of countless trillions to do it. My suspicion is that one Master may want to make us or Rei into a pseudo observer - though forever controlled by them somehow.

Don't say I didn't warn you about Earth and the devourer...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I thought he said that it would make the Grey Ghosts attack Senya and the Master, not the Ghost Apocalypse.
    BUt that's a good point: Seems that some dimension/dimensions contain Grey Ghosts (remants of previous reformated universes, aparently), this gives another point to the Jupiter Bomb over the Sun Bomb then: Jupiter Bomb might be strong enough to kill the Masters (or blackmail them into serving us) but not destroy their dimension.

Why would they want to glitch out the multiverse? I see your point but they might die doing it too.

Yes, I think they must die. There's too much blood on their hands, they keep repeating multiple galactic struggles, they were the ones who turned the poor Gieloth into a race of immigrating cannibal planet-killing Nomads, all because Dio wants to win a meta-philosophical argument by becoming God.

I do wonder why there's only the League, the Federation and the Empire on this context. I'm surprised there aren't other factions out there.

But there's a difference between putting a giant bomb on them and sneaking out and chatting them up, then exploding them with the giant bomb. I like the sneak approach, we got three master-killing capable persons in our team - Senya, Rei and Ean. Sek may be able to cook up something too. But The Masters are way more advanced, and so we may need a bomb to enhance our odds.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I don't think they were the ones that called themselves Masters. Ahati called them Jin(=Djinn, Masters grant wishes to the winners, get it?)
    Getting a Q&A session and then trolling them in their dimension sounds like a good idea, if risky.

And after we deal with them and steal their secrets, I think we'll be able to bitch-slap the League and Council.

^ Top  
  13. We don't know that any of them are "master-killing capable" as none of them have ever killed a real one. Ean killed some sort of reject/immortal-hybrid at great cost to himself, not one of the genuine articles and not in their own space. Rei doesn't have the power to destroy, only to create. Senya could probably kill some of them, given enough time and black holes would probably do the trick too, but we don't know how many of them there are or where they are at all. For all we know, there could be 4 galaxies full of them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012

1. Empire culturedump may or may not come, we're a bit past needing to know about that. As for the second part of the question, the Emperor has been ruling over (some of) them for thousands of years. That influenced things somewhat. Furthermore, note that they want to get to the centre of the galaxy to destroy the Masters. What do the Masters want? For the strongest civilization to get to the centre. Their motives are rather irrelevant and not a threat, as long as the monkeys haven't actually found a way to harm the Masters that they know of.

2. All in good time.

As for why there's only two major factions left, it's because these two have either assimilated or conquered the rest.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I was actually under the impression that the Naram-Master was stronger than a regular one: he already became a God (as opposed to the Masters being god-like beings) and Ean still wiped the floor with him, until Dio stabbed him with the Sekblade.

No, I think we have the capability to destroy them.

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9, did you miss the part were the fight almost killed him? Every action cost him energy in the form of a body part. By the time he reached Naram-Master, he had one eye and could barely move. Or the part where Ean could very well become an avatar of the Devourer? Granted, the Devourer is currently attached to Marduk, but if Ean were to suddenly start eating Masters, who's to say the devourer wouldn't detach from Marduk and reattach to Ean?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It wasn't anywhere as close as you'd like to think - and Dio's betrayal actually unwittingly paved the way for Ean's victory, not the other way around - but...

I suppose an epic does get mythologized, that's how it goes. Things get remembered as being more awesome than they really were. First Ean was kicking Marduk's ass, and now he's wiping the floor with a Master. :lol:

I'm not saying that current Ean is much weaker or a lot stronger than how he was at that battle, but he's definitely still the strongest one on the protagonist team.

^ Top  
  18. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    AAB
    I'm sorry Shulgi... You were always my favourite.

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Current tally, as far as I can tell:

Azira - AAB
    Storyfag - ABB
    Anabanana - BBA
    Jester - BDA
    Lambchop19 - BAA
    ScubaV - BCC
    Kipeci - BCC
    Baltika9 - ACC
    The Brazilian Slaughter - ABB
    TOME - AAB
    Smashing Axe - AAB

1. A - 6, B - 5

2. A - 4, B - 3, C - 3, D - 1

3. A - 3, B - 5, C - 3

Voting'll be open for another 12 hours or so.

^ Top  
  20. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Waitwaitwait! Do we have a concrete Jupiter plan? Hm. I assume surrender + Jupiter is not an option because the Star League won't let us? Or would they?

BBA for now just to confound the totals, I'll check back before 12 hours are up.

^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I was actually working off of this
    It seemed Ean was in control of the assbeating here, the God was afraid. Sure, it was a tight spot, but he was effective.
    And considering that he also devoured said God, I think Eanhas enough juice to stand up to a Master, especially if our crew works in tandem.

But we'll see.

^ Top  
  22. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Surrender works with both bomb options.

^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's very clearly stated that he didn't even notice Ean until after Ean had exhausted himself. Also that he could kill with the slightest effort if he felt like it, and Ean expressing a lack of confidence, which you seem to have missed in the last paragraph. It was an impressive showing by Ean, yes, but it's impossible to interpret that scene as 'wiping the floor' or giving out an 'assbeating' or even that the god was 'afraid' at that exact point in time, unless you ignore the context entirely. There's no ifs and buts about this, I'm afraid.

Anyway, this has zero bearing on his current ability, I'm just clearing up a misinterpretation.

As for surrendering with a bomb, I'll describe the type of bomb. The sun will be compressed into a container about 150 km across, Jupiter about 500 meters. The former will have to be its own ship, the latter you can store in an asteroid vessel. You will lie about the bombs, but there may be a choice or two along the way to the portal that decides whether your lie succeeds. There will be options.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I am against utilizing a Sun nuke except as a bluff; I think that the risks of wiping out the dimension that the Masters reside in is too great and the potential of the multiverse collapsing in on itself makes this a "no fucking way" proposition. I want information on how to avoid the inevitable Ghost Singularity before we resort to something that drastic - we have no idea about what sort of consequences an action like this would bring.

We're at a bit of a Catch-22 when it comes to whichever bomb we choose; utilizing the Sun nuke could backfire horribly on us because we are tampering with things that we are completely ignorant of, while using the Jupiter bomb is unlikely to off all the Masters, so they are more than capable of hitting the universal reset as long as a few of them are still running around in their dimension.

treave, if the Masters don't approve of our actions (i.e. they figure out we have a bomb) and they hit the universal reset, how long will it take for them to restructure the universe? Is it instant, or do we still have time to work before they manage to reset everything?

It's occurred to me that going solo past the defences is something of a desperation move, which seems unnecessary onsidering that we have Ean and aren't at much of a numerical advantage against the Star League once we recover the deserting fleet (though, granted, it's possible or even likely that the Masters could provide aid to the Star League). ~350,000 ships on our side vs 400,000 with the Star League isn't bad odds at all, and I'd much rather go through the gateway with a fleet in tow to back us up. Provided the battle goes well and we have minimal casualties, we would hopefully have enough forces to take the Masters on in their home dimension, while at the same time being able to gather information from them since we haven't decided to nuke their dimension.

As for Ean's power, I always thought it was pretty clear that Naram-Master was far more powerful than anybody:

It's fair to say that the only reason Naram-Master didn't decide to wipe Ean out is because he felt that Ean was beneath his notice.

It's hard to say how Ean would stack up to a Master in their home dimension - I don't know how much of Ean's power Sekhenun managed to restore and whether it'll be enough - but the plus side is that I'm certain that the Masters can't manipulate him in any way. He's been independent since Crete and Anbar-Shi is Gieloth tech, so we've got that going for us.

Voting ACB for now, though I could be persuaded to vote for BCC.

Edit: Fuck it, flopping to BCC

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The reset is not instant, but close enough that you won't have a day or two before everything is wiped. You don't know how that'll affect you, however. Anything that originated from this universe should be gone but you have a link to a higher power, so to speak.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.