Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Pretty much, yeah.

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Suh-weet.

Definitely holding off on this one until I see what happens with Ean and that Vajra piece. I would love to make him the new God, because Dio may have a point about Senya being "same shit, different smell" to the IAE.

Ean, on the other hand, is truly something different, perhaps he has a better chance of combating the Unobserved.

^ Top  
  3. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Oooh, cool things happening while I was off for the long weekend!
    A for Senya
    C for Ean

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    ^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    @treave, why was Senya the only one that survived exposure to the Great Idea? Some inherent quality or just dumb luck?

^ Top  
  5. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    treave ex machina. :troll:

^ Top  
  6. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Holy fuck!
    I looked yesterday through all of Rei's story and I thought her death would cause a reset. I saw the Creation story and thought her death had caused a reset. We saw a reset when Senya destroyed her mech during their first battle, but Senya didn't perceive it. She was causing a reset through Senya's powers, wans't she?

Looks like Adrahasis will never find love in his life now. Poor guy, FOREVER ALONE IN SPACE.

So... Diogenes Camna is now holding the fucking universe hostage.

But I think he has a point. Senya is part of IAE, and may be just as flawed as it is.
    I think we're nearing decision-time, when we will have to choose who will be God.

We need someone better, more fit for cosmic power. But who?
    Senya's a cold, bloodthirsty guy that believes the universe is just information, which it is, but can you CARE about information? Senya cared about Rei and Kyrie, his adopted family and nobody else. I think Senya will end becoming another Observer who doens't give a shit and believe the universe is all about chaos, that's it bias. His expanded cosmic vision will mean he won't even be able to perceive normal people. Senya will become Observer MkII.

Dio's a cold, scheming bastard. But he was the only guy ever to defy the Great Idea for a eternity. He makes his own destiny, refuses to accept the chaos of the Observer's reality. He also likes to make plots and toy with people. Diogenes Camna will become somesort of Jerkass, Manipulative God. Perhaps his ends will be good, but the manipulation is still jerkass. He will also probably torment Senya, Ean and anybody who ever wronged him. Think a Omnipotent version of Loki with possibly good intentions. Is that better or worse than a God who only observes and allows chaos to rum rampant?

Ean is a brash, hot-blooded but caring guy. He already had a transcendent experience. He could barely perceive Earth but he could perceive massive suffering when most of Earth died. Ean believes that not all people are equal, something he learned with Sekhenun and her renegeade Gieloth and the Yellowstreaks who refused to get involved in a war for power. Ean has a strong sense of justice and fairness. He loves Sek, he considers his bros all who fight together with him for good and justice. Ean is also a warrior, brash, impulsive, instinctual. Most of his life was war, fighting and strife. Yet he seems to care for common people. Ean is going to be a more martial version of Jesus, or Ahura Mazdra with some of Odin: A universe guided by BRO. Fight together for BRODOM against evil and overcome your inner evils through active action, sacrifice yourself for BRODOM if needed to be. Sounds awesome, but would Ean's universe even have good, fitful rest without active strife? Would Ean stop and consider the deeper implications of the cosmos?

Shulgi is a manipulative bastard with good intentions. He sees the world as a quest for evolution, through strife we grown strong and the weak die. Sometimes God has to step in and tweak stuff so it goes as he wants. Eternal evolution through eternal strife. He messes with things from behind the scenes. There is quick advancement but sometimes blood has to grease the wheels of progress. His designs are as mysterious as they are myriad. Shulgi is distant from the common people, but he would never let the universe die. Those who defy him are swiftly punished. Shulgi hates those who defy him, even through they can amuse him sometimes. Shulgi is Allah with some Anasazi or Jurupari?

TOLD YOU DOGS EVEN THE DOG WAS ARMED BROS

These gentlemen do have some pimping canes, through. I just got afraid of what it means for Ean.

Because the God-Emperor Ean willed it, of course! Question not his divine designs, even if sometimes they seem more like random, impulsive whims!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    This is what Existence under Dio's bootheel will be like:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Ah, so their machinery is imperfect.

As for Dio:

Dio knows how to deal with the Great Idea, and by extension, Senya. Once we get the Observer out of the way, he'll know how to handle us.

I'd like to point out that at the end of Ean's saga, we had the choice of either going to Olympus with the Yellowstreaks or Crete, where we ended up devouring the Gieloth tree. Now, an interesting bit of metagaming here is that if we chose to go to Olympus, we would have been offered the choice of whether to trust Dio in order to defeat Naram-Master (which would have paved the way for his apotheosis), or to kill the motherfucker, which would have ended with Naram-Master completing his ascension and turning the world into his own sphere.

My point here is that Dio's whole game is putting us in these impossible predicaments, betting on the fact that we are less of an asshole than him in that we don't want to see the world end. Since nobody is a bigger asshole than Dio, he tends to win these sort of bets. Now, this analogy isn't perfect because it doesn't take into account Ean's actions in the universe could end up thwarting Dio and averting a catastrophe, but I just find the parallels interesting.

^ Top  
  9. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
    C for Ean
    B for Senya

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Only in this case, he doesn't want existence to end, so we're more or less on equal ground here.

I wonder if Senya hadn't deduced how to kill IAE by himself yet?

^ Top  
  11. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Perfect combination of being weak enough to be affected by the ritual but strong enough to shrug it off. There's an element of luck involved but the cult was breeding for a child towards this end anyway, they just didn't know they succeeded and he didn't look like the strong, healthy Messiah they expected.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    ^ Top  
  12. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    On one side, I want to end Dio. Kill that monster. Exterminate him. Destroy his ass. Erase him from the records of fate so that the universe will never have a Dio and never had. FUCK YOU, DIOGENES CAMNA!

On the other... its better to have a Dio-ruled multiverse than have no multiverse at all. Dio wins by being proven right. If the universe dies Dio wins because at least IAE ins't telling he is insignificant anymore.

I vote Senya A. Let Dio live and try to fight. Senya is the terminal. When the time is ripe, we will enter IAE explorer, Drive: (I)\Earth\Shinar\Nobles\Camna\Diogenes, delete him, then remove him from the recycle bin, then delete the recycle bin, burn the drive and explode IAE too.

@treave, if Ean uses the Sword of Ean to come to the Masters' Garden, will the Jupiter Bomb still work? And when Ean rushes to Vajra, will Adrahasis flee back to another system or will he try to make a run for it beyond the rift?

Guys, this new Senya update made consider some stuff about Ean's decisions:

1. The Masters are all loaded with Vajras (EVEN THE DOG!!). Vajra can cut anything and it can't be cut. Senya is now powerful enough to defeat Vajras (BUT HE CAN'T CUT THEM, FOR NOW AT LEAST), but what about Ean? Those Vajras aren't weak-ass fragments, they ARE the true ultimate Vajras. Not all the eleven masters are fighting Senya now, Senya is fighting three of them (Rory, Stella, Mikey), one is dead (Cooper) and the remaining seven are somewhere, at large, and who knows what they can do?

2. Can Senya stop Dio? With Ean and the gang (possibly including Shulgi) he would have better odds. But the fastest option to get there is A, which is also very risky. B and C take more time, but C is much more risky. B gets us much less firepower to fight the Masters (just a elite crew, a entire big-ass ship and the Jupiter bomb). They got Vajras and who knows what beyond the turrets.

3. Do we want Ean to have a Vajra again? Cooper took it from Ean once, but he did that in a dimension created by Cooper in our universe, they are more limited in their own world but they still control their tech. Also Ean is a ton more powerful and experienced now. We might need it fight the Masters' Vajras and perhaps take them for Ean.

4. Are Vajra, Cerneus' fortresses and 100.000 ships we can bring against the Masters worth the possibility of Ean plunging into the void again?

I'm still going with C, but we oughta consider it better,

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Since you guys opted to cannibalize the bomb for parts I can't tell you whether it'll work anymore. Ean'll head for the Vajra with a 'elite' squad, Adrahasis will try to hang back with the fleet and only retreat if absolutely necessary.

And Senya is facing four Masters.

...The dog is a Master.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  14. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Oh shit!

Hmmm, good...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dog of the Masters, indeed.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    After all we've seen in this LP, this is by far the weirdest thing. How...is it even sentient? Is it a polymorphed Master?
    WhatisthisIdon'teven...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Of course. The only ones who served the creation of the Great Idea were the thirteen entities closest to it. Nobody said they had to all be people. I guess one of the scientists responsible for the project brought their dog to work that day.

@treave, has the dog ever been an avatar? This seriously should have been a plotline. We would have Naram worshipping an interdimensional god who periodically humps his leg and runs after tennis balls. God works in mysterious ways.

1) They're planning on overloading Vajra Shula to create a rift. They are really trying to milk as potential out of that piece as possible, but perhaps Ean can harness that in some way. As for the Masters themselves, they die like any normal human - why do you think the prospect of Marduk creating a gateway had them scared shitless? Vajra itself is just a piece of technology, it's like a gun or a computer. Sure, having a gun might make me more dangerous and having a computer might allow me to do certain things that I can't, but my human form is still full of the same weaknesses.

2) I brought up the metagaming from Chapter 8 because I saw parallels. However, the analogy is inexact because unlike Olympus, here we have Ean and Senya working concurrently, so there's a good chance that Ean's actions could end up influencing things in our favour if we let Dio live.

3) Yes, we want him to control Vajra. Hopefully in order to create a rift into the Master's dimension as well. When Cooper took Vajra from Ean, he was in the void, and he probably had a deeper understanding of the tech than Ean did. Yeah, they're weapons are a problem, but Ean is still the most powerful entity in the universe right now - I doubt their toys are going to stop him so easily.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    ^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Esquilax is correct about the dog. As for being an avatar, no, but it would have been fun if Naram summoned the dog into him and started trying to lick his own balls.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  18. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I bet the dog is The Master...

[​IMG]

...mind! :yeah:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Does Ean's rocket-surfing strike team include Mere, by any chance?

^ Top  
  20. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    If Ean does fall into the void and the universe does get deleted, is there a chance we could somehow save the lost souls through him? I mean, does he have some sort of connection to them still? I also don't get how the lost souls are supposed to be fragile according to Dio. Wouldn't they be the most stable given their formless state? Also, just how did the Gieloth survive the last reset? Is that known?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Mere might be there, might not be. Does it matter? She's unlikely to be able to do any harm. The lost souls are technically in limbo, so to speak. They'll be the first to go if any reset happens as their link to reality is tenuous. No one knows what happened with the last cycle except for the Masters. Perhaps Senya can sit them all down for a nice chat and feed the dog or something.

It's not like he doesn't have room to negotiate these favours, Dio isn't so insane as to throw away his only remaining leverage and start screaming "NO MORE TEA AND CRUMPETS! THAT'S THE ONLY THING THESE MASTERS DO EVERY DAY, TEA AND CRUMPETS!!!!" just because Senya wants to talk.

^ Top  
  22. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Talking to Dio would actually be pretty awesome...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    A. We were willing to let Dio survive to possibly allow Rei to live on, what has changed aside from adding on a lot of insubstantial folks like Kyrie to the possibly losing side?

^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Hey, what happened to Broshen?

^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I toyed with the idea of having Dio order the Masters to off him after Cooper, in front of you, but decided it was not a necessary scene. It'd only have pissed more people off.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.