Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Good question.

We have been speaking with him in the last 3 updates. He fed us a lot of truth and a lot of half-lies.

Remember: Dio always has a backup plan. Case in point: The Tree. His back-up plan is to help Senya (holding the universe hostage) and duel Senya 1v1 for Godhood. The rift is to stop Ean from fucking his backup plan. I think Ean (and possibly Shulgi) is the best chance to stop Dio.

Also, I really want to see Ean and Senya dueling Dio as the Final Boss. They're the two heroes of this history, yet like Day and Night, Superman & Batman in difference.
    I bet 100 brofists Dio is going to shape-shift into his true form during the fight (like hell Dio is just a old man), and when we think we won, Dio rises again and jumps into what killed the spheres...

DIOBOT/ZILLA! *cue epic heavy metal final boss

... then Senya jumps into the Anhur-Shur and Ean runs at the giant epic mecha/kaiju! :yeah:

^ Top  
  2. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    :hmmm:

^ Top  
  3. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    I've gonne full Anime.

^ Top  
  4. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    I wonder why do the Masters accept Dio's commands. What power does he have over them, or how did he convince them to become his lackeys. I don't buy the "colleague" stuff.

^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Short answer:

Dio is commanding, manipulative, and for all their technological mastery, most of the Masters just aren't the sort of people who have personalities that could resist him.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    The more you tell us about them, the more they seem to be just a kind of "idiot gods" - brought to their thrones by pure chance and not quite fit to wield their powers. I even think we might pity them. But, of course, that impression might be entirely wrong.

Anyhow, I simply *must* learn all the backstory sooner or later. I do hope you'll be willing to run a Q&A session once the LP is over, so that we'll be able to find out all the things we won't learn during our merry game.

Random thought: what if the Spheres were destroyed by the ghostpocalypse, not by the Masters?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    What if, somehow, the spheres now are the ghostpocalypse? :dramatichamster:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The upcoming Ean update should address the Gieloth and the connection to the Devourer. Just because it's physically trapped inside a black hole doesn't mean anything when you're in the void.

I mean...

Uh.

Ean C wins.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    The twelve people and the dog who became the Masters weren't your alpha-male military badass types a la Ean; they were lab geeks. After an eternity of desperately trying to stave off the apocalypse and already not being the sort of people who are comfortable with violently otherthrowing a charismatic leader like Dio, you could see how they'd be desperate enough to see him as their salvation. And then, when confronted by him, why they would be terrified at what he'd be capable of.

Which is why I believe that Dio's story that there was a huge crisis is bullshit. If there were a dimensional crisis of some sort, you better believe the military, with all the R&D it has at its beck and call, would be involved in it, secret or no. Senya theorized that the crisis could have been kept secret from the public, but if it was, why would a company known as Innovative Advanced Electronics be in charge of doing this? If it was the crisis that Dio claims it is, the people who survived wouldn't have been twelve lab geeks and a fucking dog. Some of them would be, but not all of them.

No, the Great Idea was never the attempt to resolve a crisis - it was the crisis. A powerful corporation controls everything, then they decide to make an ambitious project without thinking about what could go wrong. These people were arrogant, not paying attention to the consequences, and they flew too close to the sun. We've seen that their technology is imperfect now, and we know that they fucked up big time to make all of this happen.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Dun dun dunnn![​IMG]

^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Goddammit, Skynet.

^ Top  
  12. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    treave's sanity.

Ohwait, thread's already flagged as Anime. Nevermind.

:troll:

^ Top  
  13. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Don't force me to set The Brazilian Slaughter's scenario to J-pop.

^ Top  
  14. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Please, his scenario is only half-anime. Dio should obviously assume a "One-Winged Angel" form for *pure* anime experience.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    We're fucked.

A) Let the Devourer possess you to save the world (CONGRATS YOU'RE NOW A HUNGRY MONSTER).
    B) Refuse the Devourer (ALL HAIL DIO SUPREME GOD OF ALL THERE IS!*)
    C) Eat the Devourer (LOL RETARD)

*the boot that stomps on the face of human freedom, forever, while being asked to and thought of as "benevolent". It only steps a few times because its all it needs.

On a second thought, Ean would be quite a good host for it: He is capable of resisting the hunger very well. It also might be exactly what we need to get Vajra together and whole and have Ean become IAE. If the void is outside time then it explains why the Devourer exibits Ean-like behaviour.
    I just hope Ean-Devourer doesn't eat Sekh, death to all tentacles EXCEPT Sekh you foolish monster! She is needed to bear the ubermensch!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Challenge accepted.

No, Ean, you are the Devourer.

And then Ean was a dragon...tree.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    :yeah:

^ Top  
  18. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Bah, fools, the master of the Masters is obviously the dog. Nobody would suspect the dog.
    Of course, Dio wants to betray the dog, but Camnas gonna Camna.

A) Existance
    B) Humanity (mainly terrans but also including the 4 billion Senya killed)
    C) Progress (we need to get humanity to a true Earth rather than the master-made fake)
    D) Ean & Sekh (because humanity will need leaders. Also, Sekh will give the Gieloth a chance to live again)
    E) Senya
    F) Kyrie (to keep Senya sane and grounded)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    The dog is Shulgi :smug: The bastard has a well documented preference for canine forms.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Yeah I was wondering if Shulgi had the connection to the dog and gained power that way. And I'm too late again. Would have voted retreating for Ean.

Senya B. Kill the bastard.

^ Top  
  21. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    We are being way too rash, I think in trying to kill Dio here. Just because we don't like him and he's an asshole doesn't mean that it's a good idea. Even though Dio is a liar, I believe that he was telling the truth when he said that fighting the Observer would be impossible.

As for root's question, what we absolutely need to save is the Master's original world, and hopefully Ean/Sekhenun as well due to their powers. Even a dead, barren universe could be rehabilitated with Ean's powers, I think.

As for this line:

I think this indicates that Master tech can be manipulated. Perhaps we can buy ourselves time even after the switch is pulled in some way? Wishful thinking, I know, but we have one or two days before the universe is fully reset, and I don't think that's enough time. If however, we can manipulate things in such a way to get more time, I'd feel more confident about it. In any case, whatever Dio's plans are, they involve Vajra. And these guys have just inadvertently revealed a bit of how Vajra works - I believe that we can use this to our advantage if he allow Dio to live. If it has settings that can be tinkered with, maybe we can tinker with them.

Senya A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I thought that line showed our regenerative powers. We regenerated faster than two Vajras incinerated.

^ Top  
  23. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    That's true, but my point was that in doing so, the two Masters who fired upon us ended up unwittingly revealing a bit about how Vajra works. They are very secretive about their tech, yet now we know that it has settings that can amplify or diminish the extent of its powers. Sure, we don't know how to utilize them, but a hacker of Senya's caliber must be up to the task. Wouldn't it be a shame if we ended up broken and weary after our battle with I.A.E., with Dio thinking he has us weakened, that he finds out that the shiny toys he's equipped his crew with no longer work as intended?

I don't like risking Dio to live, but I think we still have other ways to beat him. He might have pulled out one hell of an ultimatum on us, but I think it's still winnable without having to wipe out the majority of existence.

^ Top  
  24. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Why didn't killing Cooper flip the universum's power switch? We can't let Dio and the masters live. Once IAE is out of the picture and our powers gone, who is going to stop 10 Vajra wielding soldiers scientists? And maybe we don't have to take out IAE.

^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Mm, well, if you don't believe Dio's spiel about universal reset, why believe him about Iae? :troll:

If we have to pick which of his words are truth and which are lies, we should do it with care and not only take what we want to believe.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.