Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

newcomer

Learned
Hmm... then if we choose A or B there might be a fight between Minos & Theseus in the labyrinth... Whereas C might allow contact with the Minos sisters.

With C, if Theseus managed to steal the golden bull statue, we might be able to convince the Minos sisters to kill him & give us the statue... sounds like a good idea to me... (well, provided that Theseus is not an immortal...)

Well, so what are the Minos sisters? Are they half-tentacle hybrid?
And one more thing, can we ask Sekhenum whether there are any immortals among the Athenians?

Bloodshifter

Educated
C We are not the "sharpest" tool in the shed so to speak but being turned into a bull headed man is not on my list of things to do. also being a couple of hundred years old we SHOULD have some "techniques" to use on the lovely ladies...
:incline:

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't really like C. I was OK with ditching the handmaiden's entourage at Cyprus out of pragmatism (and because she was willing to throw us under the bus for a trinket), but if we try and give the potion to Minos' daughters, I feel that would go beyond Ean's moral code. There's a big difference between escaping a difficult situation that you were coerced into for the sake of self-preservation and actively manipulating a situation so that somebody else is on the firing line instead of you. I guess it's the logical choice, but I don't like it.

Even though A is clearly Sekhenun trying to manipulate us, perhaps using the love potion to get Minos to fall in love with Ean might get him to put his guard down long enough for us to slay him. We might be basically mortal, but love can tip the odds in our favour. It makes people stupid, and it would lull Minos into a false sense of security and allow either us or Sekhenun to kill him. Besides, it's certainly possible to kill him even in our state, as treave said in the beginning of the thread:

You have the potential to shape cultures and empires, and advance the state of humanity; or to bring it all down and enslave nations with necromancy. Of course, you aren't the only immortal around, and even mortals can be more ingenious than you give them credit for at times...

In any case, if anyone is going to do it, I'd rather it be us or Sekhenun. I don't want to pawn this task off on innocent people. Right now, I'm voting B.

Baltika9

Arcane
A, bros. Minos might recognize Sekhenun as Gieloth, and then we're risking not only the mission and our powers, but also the scientist that will create the Adeptus Astartes twenty millenniums ahead of schedule. Not to mention a sweet, tentacled piece of intergalactic tail.
:smug:

Besides, would you trust anyone else with the sensitive task of retrieving our powers and killing a Gieloth?

Tigranes

Arcane
I don't think we're necessarily putting the daughter on the firing line - it's a tried and true method of subterfuge for non-immortals. Sure, it puts them at risk, but comparatively speaking, not that big a risk, especially if they are already consorting with Theseus. C might also open up interesting possibilities for that particular relationship as well.

ScubaV

Prophet
I still think B is a better option than C, but I will flip to C if it means beating A.

Esquilax

Arcane
Isn't B winning anyways, ScubaV? I've flopped back to it for the time being, but I am still not really solidly for it.

Having thought about it some more, will it even be possible to convince Sekhenun to seduce Minos for us? What do we have to bargain with? The only asset we really have right now is giving her our word that once our powers are revived with the artifact, we'll save her from Minos' affections once we get the bull. But this is a Catch-22, because we need her knowledge to help revive our powers, and we won't be able to do that if Minos is going to be fawning over her and constantly around her.

Baltika9

Arcane
Isn't B winning anyways, ScubaV? I've flopped back to it for the time being, but I am still not really solidly for it.

Having thought about it some more, will it even be possible to convince Sekhenun to seduce Minos for us? What do we have to bargain with? The only asset we really have right now is giving her our word that once our powers are revived with the artifact, we'll save her from Minos' affections once we get the bull. But this is a Catch-22, because we need her knowledge to help revive our powers, and we won't be able to do that if Minos is going to be fawning over her and constantly around her.
Pretty much. A is the in-character option here, and C is the smartest, although the "un-Ean" option here.

Bros, I think we're starting to lose touch with who exactly Ean is here. He's not a guy that'll put his bro and bro-ettes in harm's way if he can take their place. no matter the odds or circumstances. Sekhenun is also a valuable asset, one we cannot afford to put at risk. So t's either A, or in the worst case C.

I'll support whichever has the highest chance of beating B. I'm not losing our Gieloth scientist to some horny, sex-starved tentacle monster with a bull fetish. She's too valuable. Not to mention she/it has been pretty damned bro to us so far.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Keep in mind that Sekhenun is a tentacle monster too. She might not have bull fetish but she will do her job. Probably better than Ean would.

ScubaV

Prophet
It's all about skills and probability. Sekhenun has a skillset much more suited to this task than Ean (deception/seduction, Gieloth knowledge). While I bet Ean could pull it off, it's not as well guaranteed as it would be with Sekhenun. Not to mention that Sekhenun is more likely to be able to avoid or get out of undesirable consequences (i.e. Ean gets the statue but has to get butt-raped in the process whereas Sekhenun gets the statue and convinces Minos to let her go).

We relay this thought-process to her and play off of her perception that Ean is kind of a screw-up when it comes to non-combat matters.

As I see it, B is the best of both worlds. We reduce the chance of unfavorable consequences that we are ill-equipped to deal with as in A and we don't put unsuspecting bystanders at risk as in C.

Baltika9

Arcane
It's all about skills and probability. Sekhenun has a skillset much more suited to this task than Ean (deception/seduction, Gieloth knowledge). While I bet Ean could pull it off, it's not as well guaranteed as it would be with Sekhenun. Not to mention that Sekhenun is more likely to be able to avoid or get out of undesirable consequences (i.e. Ean gets the statue but has to get butt-raped in the process whereas Sekhenun gets the statue and convinces Minos to let her go).

We relay this thought-process to her and play off of her perception that Ean is kind of a screw-up when it comes to non-combat matters.

As I see it, B is the best of both worlds. We reduce the chance of unfavorable consequences that we are ill-equipped to deal with as in A and we don't put unsuspecting bystanders at risk as in C.
Or we nab the gem, cut his balls off and make a run for it. How about strangling him?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
She knows Gieloth physiology, we don't. She knows Gieloth mating rituals, we don't. She can shield her mind against Minos, we can't. She knows much more about infiltration and subterfuge, Ean on the other hand knows how to handle sword and lead men. Neither of them is needed on this mission.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Or we nab the gem, cut his balls off and make a run for it. How about strangling him?

Remember that we always had problems with adult Gieloths even with our powers. And now you want to go head on without powers?

ScubaV

Prophet

We don't have our powers and we don't know how the statue restores them as Sekhenun hasn't told us (speaking of this, we should probably ask her). For all we know it will take a week-long ritual. We're not going to overpower Minos without them.

ScubaV

Prophet
Also, my unofficial count shows:

A-3
B-5
C-6
D-1

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom