Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How hard is it for us to learn languages, depowered and powered? We seem to be doing well in navigating the various cultures of the Mediterranean so far. Also, how likely is it that Sekhenun (I can never spell her name) will accompany us now that we have a means of navigating the labyrinth, or at least will once we slay the minotaur?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I haven't figured out which is the ancient lingua franca of the Mediterranean yet, but Ean has had more than enough time to pick up that language so far given that Egypt is a regional power, conducting plenty of trade with the surrounding countries. Phoenician, maybe?

By getting the love potion and then actually using it, you've irrevocably changed the Theseus story, so things are definitely not going to play out as they would have now.

:troll:

Tigranes

Arcane
C is rather stupid, especially since the love potion clearly does not go so far as to invalidate Ariadne's love for Theseus. We have little reason not to trust Theseus at the moment - it could all be pretense, but he's done his part by not getting cockraged at us and even showing us the thread. B for now.

Esquilax

Arcane
B

I don't think A will give us a good result. He wants a manly challenge so that he can fight for Ariadne's affections, he doesn't give a shit about some stranger's sob story, especially if that stranger is trying to steal his girl. It will make him mistrust us more and if he is suspicious of us, we'll have more than monsters to worry about in the Labyrinth. We have to work together, and to do that, we have to foster some trust by dealing with him honorably. United we stand, divided we fall.

He kept his cool with us and he even showed us the thread, so we have some reason to trust him. It could be a ploy, but I doubt it. I think this trip to the Labyrinth means just as much about him proving to himself that he's the man he wants to be as it is something he is doing out of love for Ariadne, which is why he relishes this challenge. Killing him would be a dirty thing to do, not to mention it would deprive us of an ally. Besides, Ariadne still loves Theseus, so butchering the dude in front of her might make her want to sic Minos on us out of revenge.

My mistake, C would involve killing him in the Labyrinth, out of Ariadne's sight. That's much smarter, but still really shitty and dishonorable. I don't like it. I think we can have a little bit of trust in Theseus to not stab us in the back. We could use a friend in there.

oscar

Arcane
Flopping to B.

It's easy to be brave when your immortal. Time to prove that we are without it. Plus I see no reason in hell why Theseus would hand over the thread to us.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
B

Although this is going to lead to a pretty shitty situation later on. What happens in the labyrinth? Theseus runs off and leaves Ean to find his own path, probably hiding till Ean is killed by the minoraur? A could have worked if we had not given the potion to the sisters.

Bloodshifter

Educated
B But if push comes to shove we should think about leaving the kid to Minos's Bull even IF he is an immortal we currently aren't

EDIT: Just came up with a plan

D we get little old Theseus to help us get the statue by telling him in the treasury lays a weapon which can defeat the Minotaur *any old weapon will do* after which we grab the statue help kill the Bull

Edit: I had more but I felt it would be more then 1 update long...

Project: Eternity
Voting B

I see it as a win-win. He kills the minotard for us AND takes the girl(s) off our hands.

And is grateful to do it.
Read the story of the Minos and Theseus there was only 1 daughter and the silk ball was not magicked there is no guarantee that he can pull off this feat again without our Bro strength.

Meh, so he gets slaughtered by the minotard while weakening it.....still don't see what that is any problem of ours.

Bloodshifter

Educated
Voting B

I see it as a win-win. He kills the minotard for us AND takes the girl(s) off our hands.

And is grateful to do it.
Read the story of the Minos and Theseus there was only 1 daughter and the silk ball was not magicked there is no guarantee that he can pull off this feat again without our Bro strength.

Meh, so he gets slaughtered by the minotard while weakening it.....still don't see what that is any problem of ours.

Besides the fact that is the "point" of choosing B for most of the ppl? to keep Theseus alive?

Esquilax

Arcane
Besides the fact that is the "point" of choosing B for most of the ppl? to keep Theseus alive?

For two reasons. First, because there's no way in hell he'll be cool with us completing our quest first. A guy comes by out of the blue trying to fuck your girlfriend, you're not exactly going to want to do favours for him. He's been a gentleman about the situation, so trying to manipulate Theseus will come off as very obvious and he'll mistrust us even more. Going along with him will show him that even though we're vying for the same girl, Ean isn't actually a bad guy.

The other reason is that Theseus strikes me as a man of honor. If this was all a ploy for him to get our guard down so he could kill us in the Labyrinth, then he's certainly one hell of an actor. He's a young man who is eager to prove himself, I don't think he's deceiving us here. He's also very confident, so the idea that he could possibly even lose this challenge doesn't even occur to him, which is why he proposed it. Think of him like you would a great fighter like Muhammad Ali when he's trash-talking - he trains so hard and he's so good that losing isn't even an option.

In my mind, the plan will be to half-heartedly engage the Minotaur so we don't get hurt, allowing Theseus to slay it and claim his woman. He'll feel like he's earned Ariadne's love, we congratulate him on being the better man, then ask for his aid in finding the statue. We earn some trust, Theseus feels like he accomplished something, and finding the statue becomes significantly easier with another bro who is now our friend helping us. Having some backup in the Labyrinth would be great.

Under no circumstances should we try to go out of our way to kill the beast. Even if we don't get hurt at all, killing the Minotaur will make Theseus murderously jealous.

Oh yeah, and I think it bears mentioning even though it's obvious: if he asks how we were able to get Ariadne to fall in love with us so quickly, fucking lie about it. We have a way with women, love at first sight, etc., anything but the truth. Telling the truth in this situation will be way worse than telling Sargon the truth was.

Baltika9

Arcane
We can say the truth after Ean levels the whole palace to the ground and dances his victory jig on Minos' corpse. Besides, if he's an immortal as well, we may be able to make him our apprentice.

By the way, bros, how about we find Heracles and take him under our wing. He'll be very similar to Ean, and hence a bond of true BROtherhood can be established. Or, take it even further and found a league of Immortals. We'll have to get them to trust Sekhenun first.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Can't wait to join the Argonauts crossover. Maybe get involved in the Trojan War.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom