Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    So voting B gets us improved psychic abilities? Makes B more tempting but still I like to involve people in our plan. We need to inspire another do-gooder tale.

^ Top  
  2. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Fucking hell, miss three updates because alerts stop firing.

A1. Though I believe we should reinstall ourself as King of Sumeria. But as a benevolent ruler.

^ Top  
  3. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    With a new religious custom of human sacrificing and Sekhenum as the queen consort?

^ Top  
  4. Stygian Lurker Scholar

Stygian Lurker
  5. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, being a divine sovereign and all, we have unlimited access to the dungeons across the Empire. And their contents.

^ Top  
  6. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    So you're willing to risk Sekhenun fucking us over... because it would be hypocritical not to. That makes no sense.

Sekhenun hasn't even raised the issue or brought it up to begin with, so why let her run free when she hasn't even asked for it? You're making concessions to her when it's not even necessary. Wait a bit, feel out her intentions with this Marduk/Zeus thing, then decide whether we should keep the same deal going.

I don't think it's as bad an idea as Tigranes does, because should Ean feed on a few Gieloth lieutenants to regain his power, stomping Sekhenun and putting her back in line shouldn't be too hard. He curbstomped her back in their first meeting, you add telekinesis into the mix and I don't think she really stands a chance, even in her prime. If only we had Anbar-Shi...

I suppose it does make sense from the standpoint of fostering some trust between us, but I definitely think there's something to all of this that she's keeping secret from us.

Here's one thing she probably neglected to mention: a big container, with a lot of water in it, probably requires a lot of sustenance. The more powerful we get, the more we'll have to eat to maintain ourselves.

I have a feeling Sekhenun wants to use our unique condition as an Immortal with a similar hunger to the Gieloth to create some sort of cure or vaccine for her species' cannibalistic curse. Very nice, but where does that leave us? Maybe we'll find a way to create more Immortals like ourselves and procure some other poor fuck to be her test subject. Might I suggest Naram? I like Shulgi better with a leash on him.

From what little we know, it's clear that the Masters really fucked this up and that they are to blame for Earth being a battleground. Seems to me if the Gieloth curse were cured, they would have no reason to stay on Earth anymore.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    To clarify, I think 1 is a horrible idea, but I just fucking hate the idea of Ean having soylent green for dinner while denying Sekhe the same. That's the hypocrisy I'm talking about.

^ Top  
  8. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Great, so we know it's a horrible idea, but after choosing to become a flesh-eating monstrosity, we are going to take higher ground... on EXACTLY the one decision that will probably lose us our only ally.

Lovely to see you there, Obsidian Embers...

^ Top  
  9. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Hey, I never wanted to become a flesh-eating monstrosity in the first place. I voted to let Ean die, remember? Seriously.

Honestly, I really don't mind if other people vote otherwise. I just don't want to do so personally.

^ Top  
  10. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Yeah, I meant for everyone. I mean, I can accept people disagreeing with me, but the huge flood of x1s is pretty surprising if you consider the implications.

^ Top  
  11. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    A1. We can always free Sekhenun of her vow, we shouldn't be doing it now. We might offer her a bargain though. But only if she agrees to the following: In exchange for freeing her of her vow, she tells us all about the Gieloth-Master war, the Gieloth politics and promises to remain our faithful ally. I'd also like to know who Zeus really is (master/immortal/gieloth?). It'd appear Sekhenun knows that.

^ Top  
  12. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I didn't vote for him to be a flesh-eater either, but here we are, so we've gotta live with it. Raising an army and letting her feed off humans doesn't exactly mingle well together. People might start noticing, it'll cause internal strife and it'll fuck up our plans. If she raises the subject, we can think about it, but right now, it doesn't seem like such a great idea.

She's clearly hiding something. For example:

I don't see why she'd give a shit about an Immortal and a Gieloth tearing the region apart. She doesn't care about humans, but she knows Ean does. This isn't her real motive, I'm pretty sure it's something she said to get Ean to trust her. And until she starts giving some more honest answers, we can't in good conscience let her feed.

If you want to call that hypocrisy, fine. I call it realpolitik.

Allowing her to feed would make sense if you vote C1, though. We work out a deal in which we allow her to kill humans from the battlefield or those from the Marduk's regime, but no innocents. Ean would get crushed by Marduk on his own at this point, but with Sekhenun's powers restored, he might stand a chance. Then we can move on to Zeus immediately after we take the country.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave: Treavebro, very important detail.
    Update 3.23:
    I'd be extremely appreciative if Ean had the common sense of asking Sekhenun what this is all about. If my theory holds, the Gieloth, as a side effect of this much time inside a human host become more "human" then "gieloth".

P.S.: And you know what puzzles me the most, bros? What happened at Tuwanu all those years/updates ago? Did I miss something? A curse, or maybe they were raised as haunting ghosts/undead for the gieloth army? Killed and eaten by Sekhenun's sister(and we really should also ask about the whole he/she/it thing, treave)? I'm stumped.
    As for the whole Sekhenun feeding thing: ask yourself this, bros: is it wise to wave prime akioyshi beef steaks in the face of an emaciated beggar, especially one who is your physician, while at the same time saying "ololol, u can't have any, suckah!!!!111!1!"? That's just asking for a specifically made poison in you food/drink, bros. Just sayin'.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Anabanana Augur

Anabanana
    Esquilax: What part of "the only reason I'm voting for this is because it's hypocritical not to and I fucking detest hypocrites" do you not get? If I was voting pragmatically, I wouldn't be voting 1 at all, for fuck's sake. But hey, thanks for breaking down what votes make sense and what don't like I don't have a brain. I realllly appreciate it.

^ Top  
  15. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    No need to be a dick about it, bro. I just figured that since you were one of the most vocal people for abandoning Theseus on the basis of pragmatism (which was the colder, smarter choice) that you might change your mind here.

Baltika9 makes some sense. I guess it would be inconsistent to deny her at this point, and it might do more to cause a rift between us than letting her feed would. Maybe I'm too paranoid after the Theseus situation and 80 years of being an average Jane have made Sekhenun mellow out somewhat. Maybe she's gone native. I still don't like giving concessions like this so easily though.

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I know how you feel, man. I'm expecting her to backstab us at that romantic dinner I was talking about. Poisoning, or something. But I want to believe, bros. I want to believe. :( <...sniff>
    :bro:

^ Top  
  17. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    No, guys. We shouldn't let her off the hook just like that. Not without a deal of some kind. Preferably a deal which will grant us more knowledge than we presently have. Treave, would it be possible to arrange such a thing with option 1?

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Bow chica wow wow?

Seriously, though, you've a point. Ask her questions before we ley her eat the whole empire. After that? Not our problem.
    :smug:

^ Top  
  19. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Alright, fair enough, I'll flop to A2. We did even mention eating Gieloth and she totally brushed it off. Let's let her be the first to mention her diet.

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    I'll just say here that Esquilax is on to something with his theory on Gieloth and debts. Also, regarding Tuwanu, necromancy is one of the powers available. As for the issue plaguing the Gieloth, yes, going native is part of the problem. Well spotted, Baltika9. And since I'm doing this, I might as well reveal that ScubaV was correct about the whereabouts of the sword a few pages back.

:lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    treave I'm with the people who are for asking her for something in return. Let's have her dump the knowledge of her people we turned down before. If we can learn everything she knows about them - and consequently their hunger - we may be able to learn a way to treat our condition.

A1 - And we ask her for the knowledge + a permanent alliance between us.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Computer Gamer Refugee Learned

Computer Gamer Refugee
    Project: Eternity
    Everything i have seen indicates that not only are the Gieloth lawful to the extreme, it appears that they cannot even break their promises.

If we release her from her promise, we need to get a promise of an alliance. No acting against the other person's best interest without at least a 10 year heads up that the alliance is being broken.

^ Top  
  23. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Indeed. With 1 can we make her swear partnership in return?

^ Top  
  24. newcomer Learned

newcomer
    :bro:

Don't ruin my mood & romantic fictional thoughts with these cold & pragmatic arguments :(
    I too want to believe <..sniff>...

*Well, that's woman for you; it's always hard to understand what "she" is thinking :troll:

And I too agree with Anabanana for I don't like hypocrites (and also because I want to believe :( ), so I choose 1 out of my personal moral values rather than pragmatic benefit calculations

^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    What about this, then? I'm very curious. Especially about the masters.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.