Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I second this question.

^ Top  
  2. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I would much rather take out Mehlu now, before he's had a chance to join up with one of the others. If we avoid him, we will probably have to face him with one or more other Gieloth at once, which considering how hard-fought Tjaru was, is not something I wish to deal with again if it can be avoided.

I understand it's risky in the short-term, but for this war effort to succeed in the long-term, our first action has to actually mean something. We're well-fed from earlier and we've got the element of surprise - a bold move at this moment would really set the pace for future victories.

Killing the three fledglings is a meaningless gesture and gives Sekhenun way too much leverage. A guy like Mehlu is probably a better meal and would make an actual impact on the enemy. Killing Marduk's kin attracts a shitload of attention from the big man himself, but doesn't get us much in return strategically. Sure, Ean regains some power, but now we've revealed ourselves and we have to deal with a powerful foe that's ready for us. I don't want to go for an easy battle now and end up losing the war because of it.

Remember back in Egypt when we decided to go straight for Sekhenun before anything else? It proved to be one of the better decisions we made.

I understand we're all itching to find out the overall context of this conflict, but we are going to be fighting a war against an opponent that is far stronger than us, and we need info that's actually relevant to our situation. And in my mind, that info has to be either something related to Marduk's plans in Sumeria and his impending conflict with Zeus, or an understanding of Sekhenun's motivations so that we can know where we stand with her.

3A is a bad move, especially in conjunction with going after the three fledglings: it gives Sekhenun a lot of power, and still leaves us in the dark when it comes to her motivations. I thought after Theseus that Ean would be a little savvier.

On this list, I believe that Nusku is very useful and his lack of interest in politics means that he could become an ally of ours. I really want him as a friend. This guy sounds awesome - he may very well lay the foundation for the Adeptus Astartes in the grim darkness of the not-too distant future if we are smart. Return to Egypt as Runi after, create another Anbar-Shi, then develop an army of Space Marines: glorious!

^ Top  
  3. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    CBD

^ Top  
  4. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :salute:Exactly what I'm saying.

Bros, if you don't want to listen to me, then listen to him!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    BBC :salute:

^ Top  
  6. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    CBC
    EDIT: Minor flip flopping.

^ Top  
  7. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, bro. I believe that ABA is the worst combination possible here. It gives leverage to Sekhenun, brings down a ton of heat on the cultists, no strategic gain, and information that isn't relevant to defeating Marduk. The end result is that we owe Sekhenun three humans, we still don't know what her motives are, and Marduk, along with all of his useful lieutenants will have their crosshairs aimed straight at us because we just blew our cover on a stupid assault that meant nothing.

The plan that CappenVarra has is also solid. If you 1A voters want to devour something to gain more power, why not vote 1B instead? You'd owe Sekhenun nothing and you wouldn't attract any attention if you make the death look like an accident (a piece of cake with telekinesis, all you need to do is push him off a building). It would allow the rebellion to remain a secret as well.

Personally, I don't want to make a deal with Sekhenun because I believe that she is more likely to benefit from it than we are and because it's possible we might have the same Gieloth obligation towards debts that ScubaV mentioned. But if we do make a deal with her, let it actually be for something that would allow us to know about this huge impending war between Zeus and Marduk or to know where we stand with Sekhenun. That's far more important right now.

I think this bears repeating. This is what we had the option of learning back in Egypt when we first met Sekhenun:

This isn't even her field of expertise. She'd give us an uneducated view of the conflict (which, to be fair is still better than nothing), and in return we would owe her three human lives for the Gieloth in 1A. It's a great deal for her, but not a great deal for us.

^ Top  
  8. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I also urge any 3D voters to flip to something except 3A. We're finally engaging in diplomacy with Sekhenun here and this one deal can lead to many others in the future. Yes, she's twisting our balls here, and she'll come out ahead. That's her savvy, Ean is the less subtle one, so debating this with her will be less then beneficial, especially since we just became her little doggy, or at least that's the impression I'm getting.

Although, I'll still flip to anything that beats 3A. That's just asking for "Theseusing: Act the Second", as much as I'd hate to lose this pportunity to foster trust between Ean and Sekhenun.
    I mean, how else are we tapping that ass?

^ Top  
  9. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Baltika9: OK, I flopped to 3C even though I wasn't too keen on making a deal with her to begin with. But hey, if we are going to make a deal, we better make it fucking count. ABA is just really terrible - I can't see why anyone would vote for it. One of the worst parts about asking her information about the Master-Gieloth war is that we already know people who have information on it. I'm sure Naram knows (although it's no doubt biased), Shulgi almost certainly knows. So why ask Sekhenun? Why not ask any of the twelve Gieloth in the Middle East here about it after we take their heads?

I'm sure Sekhenun will become very accommodating with information once we become bros with the Space Marine producing Nusku and she begins to realize that she can be replaced :smug:. The best possible plans are the following:

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  10. Kattze Andhaira

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    CAC

^ Top  
  11. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    To be fair, though, it's probably paranoia, and Sekhenun is possibly trustworthy. But Theseus was a "definite" bro. Let's draw conclusions here.
    As for the Space Marine thing, would you bros believe I wanted to preserve some of Theseus' DNA to make a Spess Mehreen legion out of it?

newcomer: I already know how this is going to go down. Sekhenun will start giving us the cold shoulder, playing hard to get, and then, before you know it, BAM!, "I need to "extract" some "gene seed." ":smug:

^ Top  
  12. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Arright, you somewhat convinced me.

BB... A :troll:

I wanted info on the Gieloth-Master conflict ever since we learned it exists, and I still want it, but you're right regarding our choice of targets. Editing the original vote accordingly.

^ Top  
  13. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    We don't actually have to eat all 3 gieloths if we vote 1A. This devour soul thing is kind of new to us and we a still experimenting. Who knows what might happen if our first real meal (=Gieloth) is supercharged ûber specimen. We might go nuclear and accidentally take out whole middle east with our eartquake ability. Better safe than sorry.

And who cares about Sekhenun's motives? Or Zeus-Marduk conflict reason? Sekhenun helps us because of her own selfish motives but nevertheless she helps. Zeus and Marduk are fighting like immortals and gieloths have always done. The only reason to vote 3B would be if we tried to negotiate peace with Zeus and Marduk, which we aren't. If we are going to deal with Sekhenun, better get to the root of this whole war and vote A.

^ Top  
  14. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Fair enough, that makes sense even though my preferences are different. The rebellion is kept secret with a properly done assassination (telekinesis ftw), we feed off the human lieutenant to gain back some more of our powers, and we don't have to owe Sekhenun any human lives.

Personally, I want to keep the human lieutenants alive because we might be able to convince a few of them to join the rebels.

That's baseless speculation and there is no evidence of "going nuclear" whatsoever. I could just as easily say that we could "go nuclear" by devouring three Gieloth at once.

We don't have to eat all three of them, but then what's the point? The whole rationale of 1A is an easy assault on three fledglings so that we can boost our powers up by chowing down. The downside is that it would blow our cover, and it provides no strategic benefits to the war effort beyond the power boost and make us owe Sekhenun three human lives. If Ean isn't eating them all after wasting the element of surprise, then he is an absolute retard.

We obviously aren't there to negotiate peace, as if that's even possible. Knowing the reason for the conflict between them would allow us to maybe work that to our advantage (i.e. time assaults in specific places while Zeus attacks Sumeria, make Marduk fight a two-front war).

But that's moot since I'm voting 3C so that we can know where we stand with Sekhenun. 3A isn't terrible in conjunction with CB or BB, but it's very dumb with AB.

^ Top  
  15. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    For the record, I won't be *too* butthurt if either B or C win for the third choice. I just prefer A. D... D would make my butthurt epic.

^ Top  
  16. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    I don't see those humans as a threat. Like you said, with a properly done assasination (knife in the dark alley, poison to food etc.) they are gone. And if we want to feed we can pick 100 beggars from the street and devour them. I just don't see any gain going after the humans, but there is a risk.

As for the third choice, we can control what Sekhenun eats by controlling what we eat. If at some point we get more trouble than Sekhenun is worth... Well tentacle lovers are going to cry.

^ Top  
  17. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME

Yes, it is baseless, but then again we are first of our kind in history. We just don't know what will happen if we eat a gieloth (or another immortal). Possibilities are limitless and I would rather be safe than sorry.

The point is to eat one weak gieloth and see what happens. If it is nothing bad, then go ahead and eat the other two. If we do it right, Marduk knows just that some humans rebelled and managed to kill 3 weaklings. Ean and the scale of rebellion will still remain unknown.

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Except that we kill Marduk's kin. And we know, that if nothing else, Gieloth are pack animals, so to speak. So, God Emperor has his kin killed, he appears weak, powerless, against an obscure cult. That will make him clamp down on us, by making the populace suffer. The populace is the cult's support, without popular support, the cult will have little influence. Ask yourself: relief and death, or life? Plus, he'll be much more pissed off because we kill his family then he would be if it were some "ordinary" lieutenant.

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    What you got from Panrath is still there. Barely any time has passed since you regained your powers, so you still aren't getting anything. I need a big time skip one of these days...

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    [​IMG]
    Eh? Ehhhh? How bout it bro?

^ Top  
  21. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Didn't we kill Sekhenun's kin also? Not sure if I remember correctly though.

Edit: Corrected quotes.

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Only we had 'er by the balls back then, her life in our hands. And in any event, he'll have to retaliate for that, heavily, because it's the God Emperor's kin that were killed. If he turns over and takes it, his authority is blown.

^ Top  
  23. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    He'll probably retaliate, but consider that he is far away. And weight in also how the people will react if we kill priest involved in human sacrifices vs. some general they know nothing about.

^ Top  
  24. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Oh, he'll pressure the people, hard. Not us, or the cult. The people will rat out the cult and then the support structure is out. Now, take out a war hero, an army symbol for the whole nation, an apparently skilled and brave general, and you take out one of the well-exercised, retaliatory hands of the Emperor, as opposed to three Limpwrist Mcfaggots who do nothing except breathe and eat. And the retaliation for that will be less brutal. Do the math. The first strike needs to be a crippling strike as well as an inspirational one. Besides, they're not priests, they're prissied up younglings, who got their position because Uncle is Emperor.

^ Top  
  25. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    Skilled and brave general with a hundred men. It will be a crippling strike but I'm not sure which side is going to be crippled. It certainly won't be inspirational one with the losses we get going against him with peasants.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.