Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Epic

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
CAC

Baltika9

Arcane
To be fair, though, it's probably paranoia, and Sekhenun is possibly trustworthy. But Theseus was a "definite" bro. Let's draw conclusions here.
As for the Space Marine thing, would you bros believe I wanted to preserve some of Theseus' DNA to make a Spess Mehreen legion out of it?

newcomer: I already know how this is going to go down. Sekhenun will start giving us the cold shoulder, playing hard to get, and then, before you know it, BAM!, "I need to "extract" some "gene seed." ":smug:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Arright, you somewhat convinced me.

BB... A :troll:

I wanted info on the Gieloth-Master conflict ever since we learned it exists, and I still want it, but you're right regarding our choice of targets. Editing the original vote accordingly.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
We don't actually have to eat all 3 gieloths if we vote 1A. This devour soul thing is kind of new to us and we a still experimenting. Who knows what might happen if our first real meal (=Gieloth) is supercharged ûber specimen. We might go nuclear and accidentally take out whole middle east with our eartquake ability. Better safe than sorry.

And who cares about Sekhenun's motives? Or Zeus-Marduk conflict reason? Sekhenun helps us because of her own selfish motives but nevertheless she helps. Zeus and Marduk are fighting like immortals and gieloths have always done. The only reason to vote 3B would be if we tried to negotiate peace with Zeus and Marduk, which we aren't. If we are going to deal with Sekhenun, better get to the root of this whole war and vote A.

Esquilax

Arcane
Fair enough, that makes sense even though my preferences are different. The rebellion is kept secret with a properly done assassination (telekinesis ftw), we feed off the human lieutenant to gain back some more of our powers, and we don't have to owe Sekhenun any human lives.

Personally, I want to keep the human lieutenants alive because we might be able to convince a few of them to join the rebels.

We don't actually have to eat all 3 gieloths if we vote 1A. This devour soul thing is kind of new to us and we a still experimenting. Who knows what might happen if our first real meal (=Gieloth) is supercharged ûber specimen. We might go nuclear and accidentally take out whole middle east with our eartquake ability. Better safe than sorry.

That's baseless speculation and there is no evidence of "going nuclear" whatsoever. I could just as easily say that we could "go nuclear" by devouring three Gieloth at once.

We don't have to eat all three of them, but then what's the point? The whole rationale of 1A is an easy assault on three fledglings so that we can boost our powers up by chowing down. The downside is that it would blow our cover, and it provides no strategic benefits to the war effort beyond the power boost and make us owe Sekhenun three human lives. If Ean isn't eating them all after wasting the element of surprise, then he is an absolute retard.

And who cares about Sekhenun's motives? Or Zeus-Marduk conflict reason? Sekhenun helps us because of her own selfish motives but nevertheless she helps. Zeus and Marduk are fighting like immortals and gieloths have always done. The only reason to vote 3B would be if we tried to negotiate peace with Zeus and Marduk, which we aren't. If we are going to deal with Sekhenun, better get to the root of this whole war and vote A.

We obviously aren't there to negotiate peace, as if that's even possible. Knowing the reason for the conflict between them would allow us to maybe work that to our advantage (i.e. time assaults in specific places while Zeus attacks Sumeria, make Marduk fight a two-front war).

But that's moot since I'm voting 3C so that we can know where we stand with Sekhenun. 3A isn't terrible in conjunction with CB or BB, but it's very dumb with AB.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
I don't see those humans as a threat. Like you said, with a properly done assasination (knife in the dark alley, poison to food etc.) they are gone. And if we want to feed we can pick 100 beggars from the street and devour them. I just don't see any gain going after the humans, but there is a risk.

As for the third choice, we can control what Sekhenun eats by controlling what we eat. If at some point we get more trouble than Sekhenun is worth... Well tentacle lovers are going to cry.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
That's baseless speculation and there is no evidence of "going nuclear" whatsoever. I could just as easily say that we could "go nuclear" by devouring three Gieloth at once.

Yes, it is baseless, but then again we are first of our kind in history. We just don't know what will happen if we eat a gieloth (or another immortal). Possibilities are limitless and I would rather be safe than sorry.

We don't have to eat all three of them, but then what's the point? The whole rationale of 1A is an easy assault on three fledglings so that we can boost our powers up by chowing down. The downside is that it would blow our cover, and it provides no strategic benefits to the war effort beyond the power boost and make us owe Sekhenun three human lives.

The point is to eat one weak gieloth and see what happens. If it is nothing bad, then go ahead and eat the other two. If we do it right, Marduk knows just that some humans rebelled and managed to kill 3 weaklings. Ean and the scale of rebellion will still remain unknown.

Baltika9

Arcane
The point is to eat one weak gieloth and see what happens. If it is nothing bad, then go ahead and eat the other two. If we do it right, Marduk knows just that some humans rebelled and managed to kill 3 weaklings. Ean and the scale of rebellion will still remain unknown.
Except that we kill Marduk's kin. And we know, that if nothing else, Gieloth are pack animals, so to speak. So, God Emperor has his kin killed, he appears weak, powerless, against an obscure cult. That will make him clamp down on us, by making the populace suffer. The populace is the cult's support, without popular support, the cult will have little influence. Ask yourself: relief and death, or life? Plus, he'll be much more pissed off because we kill his family then he would be if it were some "ordinary" lieutenant.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What you got from Panrath is still there. Barely any time has passed since you regained your powers, so you still aren't getting anything. I need a big time skip one of these days...

Baltika9

Arcane
What you got from Panrath is still there. Barely any time has passed since you regained your powers, so you still aren't getting anything. I need a big time skip one of these days...

Buddha-Tree.jpg

Eh? Ehhhh? How bout it bro?

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Except that we kill Marduk's kin. And we know, that if nothing else, Gieloth are pack animals, so to speak.

Didn't we kill Sekhenun's kin also? Not sure if I remember correctly though.

Edit: Corrected quotes.

Baltika9

Arcane
Except that we kill Marduk's kin. And we know, that if nothing else, Gieloth are pack animals, so to speak.

Didn't we kill Sekhenun's kin also? Not sure if I remember correctly though.
Only we had 'er by the balls back then, her life in our hands. And in any event, he'll have to retaliate for that, heavily, because it's the God Emperor's kin that were killed. If he turns over and takes it, his authority is blown.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
He'll probably retaliate, but consider that he is far away. And weight in also how the people will react if we kill priest involved in human sacrifices vs. some general they know nothing about.

Baltika9

Arcane
He'll probably retaliate, but consider that he is far away. And weight in also how the people will react if we kill priest involved in human sacrifices vs. some general they know nothing about.
Oh, he'll pressure the people, hard. Not us, or the cult. The people will rat out the cult and then the support structure is out. Now, take out a war hero, an army symbol for the whole nation, an apparently skilled and brave general, and you take out one of the well-exercised, retaliatory hands of the Emperor, as opposed to three Limpwrist Mcfaggots who do nothing except breathe and eat. And the retaliation for that will be less brutal. Do the math. The first strike needs to be a crippling strike as well as an inspirational one. Besides, they're not priests, they're prissied up younglings, who got their position because Uncle is Emperor.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Skilled and brave general with a hundred men. It will be a crippling strike but I'm not sure which side is going to be crippled. It certainly won't be inspirational one with the losses we get going against him with peasants.

Baltika9

Arcane
We're the muscle they're there for waving pompoms and singing songs. Besides, have a little faith in the guys, they're willing to go to their deaths over this. It'll be like leading the militia against Wanker back in Egypt.

If not, agree to disagree.

Esquilax

Arcane
Yes, it is baseless, but then again we are first of our kind in history. We just don't know what will happen if we eat a gieloth (or another immortal). Possibilities are limitless and I would rather be safe than sorry.

We do have an idea. Sekhenun gave us the basics for what our condition was like last update.

It will expose us and provide no strategic advantage. Pissing off Marduk and starting a bloody personal vendetta with him so that we can capture a single weak Gieloth is nuts. He'll know that something is going on and he will begin to clamp down on the city very hard. At best, we will have a lot of trouble making further such attacks, and at worst the rebellion will be crushed before it can really begin.

the Gieloth general mentioned in this update will almost certainly have backup next time we see him. Taking out a target like that now will save us a lot of trouble in the future.

If you are so concerned about secrecy, then why not vote 1B? That way you can have a power boost by devouring the human, you won't owe Sekhenun anything, and it is MUCH easier to cover up that kind of assassination than it is to cover up assassinating 3 of Marduk's children. 1A is the worst of both worlds. It has none of the advantages of secrecy that B provides, and none of the crippling effectiveness and potential for a major power boost that C provides. Awful choice.

Look guys, we opted to devour the thug that we killed earlier. Now we're also giving Sekhenun the possibility of feeding on few mortals to increase her powers. We haven't made our move yet, so we've got the element of surprise in our favour. We have all the ingredients there to pull off a successful and deadly ambush against Miuhl. Let's not waste it on some pissants.

TOME

Cuckmaster General
1A has none of the short term risks that C has. And 1B achieves nothing.

oscar

Arcane
I think it'll be more solid for morale to pull off three assassinations than risk an open battle where we could very likely get our ass kicked.

I also don't think information is a good enough trade with Sek.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

CAD - We can't set things up for Shulgi to come back at the last minute and take over.

edit: Upon further consideration, flopping to 1c. Killing him outside the city vs killing 3 gieloth inside it is far less suspicious. Plus he's killed gieloth. Could be seen as act of revenge vs direct assualt on gieloth like killing the 3 would be.

ScubaV

Prophet
I'll flop to 1C, but I really think you guys should vote 3D. This is not a good deal for Ean, even the people voting for a deal admit it's not a good deal. And if we can't break it then we're stuck for eternity until Sekhenun revokes it or she dies. The people dying for Sekhenun erotica are one thing (crazy and getting a little too repetitive), but the rest of you should be level-headed enough to realize that this is a bad play. Maybe if she was offering all her knowledge on the Gieloth like in the update where we chose the communications network, that would be worthwhile. But the information she's offering up is frankly shit. Walk away now and wait for a better deal later.

Esquilax

Arcane
I think it'll be more solid for morale to pull off three assassinations than risk an open battle where we could very likely get our ass kicked.

I also don't think information is a good enough trade with Sek.

I have thought about this and that's why my final vote is for CAD. We have to usurp Shulgi's legacy, even if it risks bringing down his attention. As nice as the idea of Smashing Axe and Storyfag's idea of becoming allies with Shulgi is, it is incredibly naive. If he is the same asshole he's always been, he'll just come along and fuck us over. So we have to take the reins here. Shulgi will just come by, thank us for doing all the work for him, fuck us over, then kill Marduk himself after he's done with us. The guy is a masterful psychic, he could easily turn our army against us. However, if they think we're god, then he's going to have a lot more trouble making his tricks work against them... and then we can kick the shit out of him again.

Our encounter with Theseus has not made Ean any savvier to people's manipulations, it seems. We have to stop falling in love with these clearly manipulative and self-interested people around us. The last true bro we had was Akil, and until I see another Akil, I am done with BROdom.

I am not banking on the unlikely possibility that he's turned over a new leaf. If he's changed drastically over the last 400 years, then he'll understand why we've impersonated him and he won't mind. If he hasn't changed, then he'll fuck us over anyways. So based on that, no matter what, I think 2A is the way to go.

The concern that you have: morale, will be rectified by 2A. With the cultists convinced that god is on their side, morale will be through the roof and they'll throw themselves at Mehlu's men without any hesitation. If they think we're Shulgi, that's all the morale that we need. It will also give us more leverage over Sekhenun. The only bad part about proclaiming ourselves as Shulgi would be that it would reach his ears, but he would try and fuck us over anyways.

I'll flop to 1C, but I really think you guys should vote 3D. This is not a good deal for Ean, even the people voting for a deal admit it's not a good deal. And if we can't break it then we're stuck for eternity until Sekhenun revokes it or she dies. The people dying for Sekhenun erotica are one thing (crazy and getting a little too repetitive), but the rest of you should be level-headed enough to realize that this is a bad play. Maybe if she was offering all her knowledge on the Gieloth like in the update where we chose the communications network, that would be worthwhile. But the information she's offering up is frankly shit. Walk away now and wait for a better deal later.

Agreed. Notice how she was acting when we approached her with a bargain. At first she was terrified because she was certain we were going to kill her. Then she immediately relaxed once we realized we wanted to make a deal because she thought "great, I'm going to have him wrapped around my finger now". Our agreement that she can't eat humans binds her, and I think we should hold out until we can get something really good from her.

Baltika9

Arcane
Flopped to 3D, since it has the best chance of beating 3A. Esquilax has a rather good catch of Sekhenun "wrapping us around her finger." She could use this to pressure us morally into avoid eating certain Gieloth, thereby controlling our growth. So, doing this just to get our hands on information easily obtainable by other means(beating the shit out of someone, for one.) is stupid. Besides, this may be her version of a "retard test", hence this might be a good case of "my way or the highway" being the right choice. Much as I hate passing up a chance at diplomacy and all.

ScubaV: You know you love us, baby.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Besides, this may be her version of a "retard test", hence this might be a good case of "my way or the highway" being the right choice. Much as I hate passing up a chance at diplomacy and all.

Like this?
http://www.pualingo.com/pua-definitions/shit-test/
A shit test is when a woman gives a guy a hard time, usually for the purpose of seeing how he will react. Because women (especially attractive women) are hit on all the time, they have developed behaviors that quickly disqualify potential suitors that are not of a high enough value for her.

No, it's nothing like that, hopefully. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom