Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Whatever happens, hopefully she won't remember the event.
We have just heroically saved her from an underwater cow monster. Where does the government look? :outrage:

I think dying makes for a very memorable first date, and such a memory should be treasured.

Baltika9

Arcane
treave, is it possible to make a spell that increases common sense? Or is Pavlovian conditioning with mini-gigadynes the only hope for Rin?

Baltika9

Arcane
Alright, fine, she's a demon, so that may have been a decent assumption for her to make. How does she kill her target, without a knife even? I'm not angry.
I'm disappointed.

lightbane

Arcane
Clearly she can't control her own strength and/or she has the "I'm sorry that you humans are so weak and delicate. Yet another advantage of demonkin" excuse. Also, let's not forget:

Dammit, Rin.

We should start counting how many times these words show up. I believe the number is around 4 or so for now.

PS: Hopefully the frequent contact with humans and other "weaker beings" she's having will make her eventually less clumsy at some point.

Nevill

Arcane
I'm disappointed.
With what? Rin? Us? The world?

She is a klutz - this isn't anything new. The more mistakes she makes, the faster she'll learn. And the less smug she will be. Hopefully.

Like I said - we get to be the more competent in our pair, which is not a small feat, considering our... ahem, tendencies to overestimate ourselves.

Baltika9

Arcane
In her. How many times more will she fuck up? This was funny the first two times, now she's going into 'really?' territory.

Nevill

Arcane
now she's going into 'really?' territory.
Which is still funny. I expect it to be many more times - her and Erd are basically kids. They are what, 20 at best?

As long as her fuck-ups could be mitigated or fixed, it's a great comic relief. Now, when she gets Grahferde burned to the ground or accidentally decapitates Zayan - now that would be a legitimate gripe. Right now it's all harmless fun.

I assume it is harmless. :M

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Tell that to the people who wanted to build our power base here. It's funny because it happened to other people, which is funny, schadenfreude always is. Next time she might screw up something that is important to you, suddenly it's not lulzy.

Kipeci

Arcane
I thought we would return... no?

I wonder if we can't pin this as an 'assasination attempt' on someone in A. Nearly not enough enemies for that yet - the only ones we have is Nostrils and Brescia, and they aren't someone who would be interested in having Wist gone... :?

How instantly are you planning on returning? Enough to make it like C, but with Zayan having unsupervised oversight on Wisteria rather than the river dolphins?

I was thinking that we'd be back home until she got better (or it became apparent that that would not happen) at least, and in the meantime we've both suddenly disappeared from Methuss while on a date, which would seem rather suspicious.

Everyone needs to bear in mind that Zayan may be somewhat creative about the way she brings Wisteria back... if we have her head stitched onto a goblin body when we bring her back or something like that, we can't just sweep that under the rug.

Nevill

Arcane
Tell that to the people who wanted to build our power base here.
I am one of those people and I don't understand what you are going on about.

Next time she might screw up something that is important to you, suddenly it's not lulzy.
It's only bad if Wist is going to be dead for good... which we hope she won't be.

If she dies - yes, that would be a major screw-up. But that remains to be seen.

Everyone needs to bear in mind that Zayan may be somewhat creative about the way she brings Wisteria back...
Yes. Oh, yes. :lol:

Baltika9

Arcane
I'm saying what for all of its entertainment value, this stuff needs to stop or at least get toned down. We're on the precipice of a clusterfuck right now. Which is no big deal for me, I don't care about Methuss, but Rin can screw us over big time in the future if this keeps up.
Did I get a laugh out of the absurdity of the situation? Absolutely. But we have to get her under control.

Nevill

Arcane
But we have to get her under control.
Probably, yes. We don't want it to get out of hand any more than it already does.

Still, look at the bright side! We now have the incentive to learn more about healing and resurrection magic - both our proficiency and a point of interest! :happytrollboy:

Kz3r0

Arcane
D
Gygadyne her, fix what is broken this way and if after returning to being of flesh and blood is not enough give a little jolt to her heart.

lightbane

Arcane
I just thought what can be the ultimate solution:

D. We use Battle Premonition to check if a combination of Minor Healing/Healing Potions/unorthodox CPR through Gygadine can jumpstart her heart and restore her (even if it that leaves her comatose). Failing that, proceed with A. Should the priests be unable to help, switch to B.

Either way, hopefully Methuss will understand that was clearly a surprise attack from another country and not hold us responsible. I really wanted to have a non-hostile interaction with the rumored Angel. Who knows, with a bit of luck she will be a female and not too young. :M
Edit: ninjaed.

Nevill

Arcane
If Gigadyne could revive people, we wouldn't need healing magic to heal bruises.

It's not Islam, it doesn't have all the answers. :M

Her neck was snapped.
Or her soul has departed, however death mechanics works in the game.

Kz3r0

Arcane
If Gigadyne could revive people, we wouldn't need healing magic to heal bruises.
Gigadyne not only transform the body in electricity but also returns it to its original state, in fact there is not logical explanation why we can't fix broken bones that way besides because.
It's obvious that for bruises is too much, and propably our hero didn't think to use it for that purpose before.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Our wing of lightning was gone once we dismissed the spell.
That was an addition to something that didn't exist anymore.
We should have tried to gigadyne our body and our severed wing and see if they would have become whole again afterwards.
And you are forgetting that Rin cut off our arm in gigadyne form yet we still have it after returning to our original form.
Here we are not trying to create new flesh and bone but just fix her broken neck through gigadyne.
The only difference will be that her neck is not broken anymore.
Furthermore, unless her spinal cord has been severed or her windpipe crushed jolting her heart can be enough to revive her, a lot of people survvived with a broken neck, in this specific case is a combination of shock plus drowning the most likely cause of her 'death'.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Lightning Form doesn't work on other people. It also doesn't heal injuries rendered before you transform, though it would temporarily allow you to ignore having a hole in your chest or something like that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom