Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
PS: I bet that had A won, Wist would have been "accidentally" killed as well. Right treave?

You'd have seen it coming and been given a chance to save Wisteria from falling off the tower. :M
treave, is it possible to make a spell that increases common sense? Or is Pavlovian conditioning with mini-gigadynes the only hope for Rin?
No.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Lightning Form doesn't work on other people. It also doesn't heal injuries rendered before you transform, though it would temporarily allow you to ignore having a hole in your chest or something like that.
I will amend to this then:
D
Jolt her heart to revive her.

As I wrote a broken neck is not enough to kill someone, depends on the extent of the damage, it's worth trying in my opinion.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
She was also underwater for ten minutes, which is a pretty long time to not hold your breath. The soul has left the body and no amount of lightning will call it back.

But I'll let you use Gigadyne to get rid of the corpse if you want. Shouldn't leave much more than a few scorch marks.

Esquilax

Arcane
What a fucking disaster. :lol:

Goddamnit, Rin! Guess we should have kept an eye on her to make sure that she didn't start trouble.

I guess the only option here is to find a witch doctor of some sort. Zayan's degree is in mad science, not in witch doctory, so I don't think that this is her area of expertise.

A

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Why the lack of love for this;
Annex%20-%20Lanchester,%20Elsa%20%28Bride%20of%20Frankenstein,%20The%29_03.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
With A, you'd have seen it coming and been given a chance to save Wisteria from falling off the tower.

Right. I assume it would have gone something like this:

Erd and Wist are chilling out in the highest point of the city, which we'll assume it's named the Tower of Non-consent. Besides the breathtaking sights, our man tries to make a move, but he finds himself unable to decide what to do. To make matters worse, his nervousness involuntarily conflicts with the translation spell, making his voice come out as high-pitched, which amuses Wisteria in spite of his fumbling. However, his honed, super-human senses detect the clear sound of a woman panting. Turning around, he spots a flying Rin who's carrying Lucy, obviously using a lot of her strength to lift the cow. Smiling, she aims and throws the animal as if it was a heavy missile. Erd is too dumbfounded to react, but he quickly does so once Lucy hits her mark and Wisteria starts falling to her death. He leaps right after her prize and uses his variety of magic skills to grab her mid-fall and land safely (the sudden movements could have briefly revealed our halo to her, but fortunately she's unable to register what she saw). The unexpected experience has her chest beating strongly, both flustered and surprised at Erdrick's many talents. Lucy, meanwhile, falls on top of some poor bastard that was passing by, but she's sturdy enough to shrug off the fall and walk away from the scene.

Unfortunately, that's not what happened. Oh well, the road to Hell permanent sexual frustation was paved with good intentions. Let's hope it doesn't get worse... Yet.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well, if we manage to revive her, we might be able to come out of this looking good. I mean, we heroically dived after her and got her on the shore, and rushed to find a priest when we found out she drowned... never mind the broken neck, the priest didn't see anything, he is insane - False Prophesy - see? :M

Maybe Rin inadvertantly gave our date a much-needed boost? Time will tell.

Also, Rin I understand, but Aria? Since when does she second-guess our decisions and thinks that we need help without us explicitly asking for it? Did our little slave just enter the rebellious stage? :rpgcodex:

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Well, she IS 14 after all. And with some issues that Erd never bothered to deal with. What's interesting is that Aria and Rin are somehow working together for a common goal, in spite of hating each other equally. They're improving! :love:
Too bad it didn't work as expected at all. For each party involved.
:rage:

In any case, worst comes to worst, we can still pass the body to Fumblerina, have her teleport to Zayan and proceed with B anyway. Erd would leave the city with his own teleportation spell or using Invisibility, taking advantage of the chaos.

PS: Amusingly enough, even Aria considers Rin to be a bit... Slow. Poor girl, everyone considers her to have borderline average intellect at best. :lol: Even better, there doesn't seem to be an "Intelligence" stat, unless it's related to Mana Attack/Defense.

Esquilax

Arcane
The way I see it, this situation is a win-win. If we find a suitable witch doctor and get Wisteria patched up, then great. If we have yet another disaster to follow up this one, then we can flee East to Monsterland and plot our vengeance against Methuss and the decadent kingdoms of Man.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, she IS 14 after all.
Second guessing us is Arlin's job. Her job is to follow our orders. :rpgcodex:

And with some issues that Erd never bothered to deal with.
Which ones would that be?

What's interesting is that Aria and Rin are somehow working together for a common goal, in spite of hating each other equally. They're improving!
Actually, I thought we could delegate some of Rin's responsibilities to Aria, signifying a shift of power in the harem ladder.

Children are often very conscious of these things, and since Rin is stuck in childhood, maybe the fact that we consider a 14-year-old more reliable will get through to her. :M

But for the moment it looks like Aria is falling under her influence instead. That will not do!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

:rpgcodex:
Well, once again you guys ignore me and look what happens.

B>A
edit:
A>B
In her. How many times more will she fuck up? This was funny the first two times, now she's going into 'really?' territory.
Nope, pretty sure it's still funny. Rin is awesome. :love:

Last edited by a moderator:

lightbane

Arcane
Second guessing us is Arlin's job. Her job is to follow our orders. :rpgcodex:
I was refering to her rebelling phase. She wants to please us, no matter what it takes.

Which issues would that be?
Well, she had her adoptive murdered in front of her eyes, her would-be saviour dragged her to a battle-zone in which she was forced to fight for her life to survive (all while said man was killing people non-stop for several minutes straight, or perhaps even hours), said man sort of "consensually kidnap" and took her to a village with no humans nor other people of her own age, she passes the time training with a she-demon which only knows about battle (which kind of builds up on the previous traumatic experience), she sees her saviour as a "father figure" of sorts but considers herself more as a slave rather than an equal (which is probably not an healthy thing in the long term) the point she would really do ANYTHING that her master asks her to do, said "father figure" is not paying too much attention to her at all and is not even human...

Pretty regular stuff for psychopaths jrpg/crpg heroes, but not for children. Or perhaps I'm over-thinking it and people in this world are actually emotionally sturdy.

Actually, I thought we could delegate some of Rin's responsibilities to Aria, signifying a shift of power in the harem ladder.

Children are often very conscious of these things, and since Rin is stuck in childhood, maybe the fact that we consider a 14-year-old more reliable will get through to her. :M

But for the moment it looks like Aria is falling under her influence instead. That will not do!

Do you really, REALLY wish to have an emotional, somewhat unstable and completely unpredictable girl have any kind of responsibility? It doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Also, what kind of responsibilities did Rin have again?

Nevill

Arcane
She wants to please us, no matter what it takes.
A very healthy attitude. But she needs to be informed that it takes increasing harem size, not decreasing it.

Pretty regular stuff for psychopaths jrpg/crpg heroes, but not for children.
JRPG heroes are children, for the most part. :MWell, teenagers.

Do you really, REALLY wish to have an emotional, somewhat unstable and completely unpredictable girl have any kind of responsibility?
Yes.

Can't be worse than an emotional, somewhat unstable, completely unpredictable AND insane girl that we chose as our aide.

Also, what kind of responsibilities did Rin have again?
Well, she is our second-in-command, pretty much. I assume she governs the base in our absense, and she is the first one we turn to if we need something. When we need someone killed she is our first choice as well, see Fortunio.

We could deflate her a bit.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
In any case, worst comes to worst, we can still pass the body to Fumblerina, have her teleport to Zayan and proceed with B anyway.

A 'worst case scenario' for A wouldn't be that you fail to revive her, so the choices don't work in that 'have your cake and eat it too' way.

Esquilax

Arcane
A 'worst case scenario' for A wouldn't be that you fail to revive her, so the choices don't work in that 'have your cake and eat it too' way.

Yeah, "worst case scenario" here probably means that we get caught with a dead Wisteria in our hands and are promptly executed.

If A fails, her body will be taken from us and we could be blamed for her murder. If B fails, we can always cyrodyne her until we can learn resurrection spells like we did with Meiren. Although it will mean starting a collection of the frozen, dead girls we've gotten killed. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Well, I'd rather have her healed - by any method available.

treave, did we do any research on the state of their revival technology, as a part of our plan to raise Mieren? Do we even know it works like in our world, with the priests holding a monopoly over such spells?

Also,
She was also underwater for ten minutes, which is a pretty long time to not hold your breath.
A broken neck I understand. Somewhat. It was an accident. But how does this tie in with Rin's kidnapping plan? :M

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave, did we do any research on the state of their revival technology, as a part of our plan to raise Mieren? Do we even know it works like in our world, with the priests holding a monopoly over such spells?

You could've gotten the time to do research with the resources in the capital if you didn't get side-tracked with a banquet and then a date. But absent any specific knowledge, you'll have to act on your best guess on how revives work here.

A broken neck I understand. Somewhat. It was an accident. But how does this tie in with Rin's kidnapping plan? :M

She didn't expect her to be that needy with oxygen.

You could've gotten the time to do research with the resources in the capital if you didn't get side-tracked with a banquet and then a date. But absent any specific knowledge, you'll have to act on your best guess on how revives work here.
Given their lack of apparent advanced magic in other areas (based on our fight and the prince's comments), I have a hard time believing they have the ability to restore her neck, let alone her soul to her body. Then again, I suppose anything is possible.
She didn't expect her to be that needy with oxygen.
An honest mistake that any Level 35 Demon Princess could make. :M

edit: the other thing I hate about A is that it sends us running through the streets with a dead woman in our arms in search of a priest or healer we have no idea of the location or identity of - or even if they exist.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Becoming a body for Mieren +1000000
Finding out that we actually did betray humanity and got her killed because we had a hardon for Rin -10000000000000
(but since love and hate are 2 sides of the same coin... :smug: )

Nevill

Arcane
edit: the other thing I hate about A is that it sends us running through the streets with a dead woman in our arms in search of a priest or healer we have no idea of the location or identity of - or even if they exist.
I do not mind running through the streets much - it is an emergency. If anything, this shows that we care. :M

As for revival, the spell has to exist, given that our world functions in a similar way to this one, the similarity of existing spells (Fireball is common, and we've seen that so is Electric Wolf), the similarity of races, and even the similarity of history (our demons are direct descendants from their demons). If priests could revive people in our world, I assume there is no reason theirs can't.

It is a question of whether or not such a priest exists in this time and place, but I don't think we have a better chance finding one anywhere else than in the capital of the biggest kingdom around... except maybe in the Byarlant Empire.

"O...okay." Enzel takes a deep breath. "It is... just that it is a strange question, sir. According to the Faith of the Five Gods only we humans have been blessed with a pure soul. Goblins, beastmen, or whatever you have it... we can't be friendly with the likes of them."

[...]

Enzel laughs. "Our priest was sent out here as punishment for punching the High Priest of Yuiria. He might drink and curse up a storm and be the liveliest man at a feast, but I wouldn't go to him for religious pointers, oh no, sir mage!"
Based of these two quotes, I can see that they are aware of souls, and that there is a High Priest of Yuiria, so chances are quite high that it may succeed, if we play our cards right.

A. Getting revived and remembering the attack -5
Not our doing, though. As far as she knows, we saved her from the attack by an unknown assailant. Well, tried to, anyway.:M
B. Becoming a body for Mieren +1000000
Those would be Mieren's points. Meaning -1 potential tits. Then again, it's not like we can resurrect Mieren any time soon (or ever, if we ignore necromancy), so the tits count is up in the air.

Edit:
Given their lack of apparent advanced magic in other areas (based on our fight and the prince's comments), I have a hard time believing they have the ability to restore her neck, let alone her soul to her body. Then again, I suppose anything is possible.
There seems to be a strange aspect of magic in this world that comes from combining powers. We've seem weak mages casting a ritual of Magic Canceller when there were 7 of them, and we've seen the Electric Wolves transform into one big doggie. Even though they might not have powerful individuals, powerful magic does not seem to be out of the question.

This is going to cost us an arm and a leg, probably... but we can always make Rin pay the expenses since it's her fault. :M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Let's hope she got brain-damaged from that lack of oxygen.
Nothing that a good old new False Prophesy can't fix.

When you see kittens falling out of the sky - as a side effect from asphyxiation, of course, - it is easier to accept that you might have remembered things wrong. Because, really, cow torpedoes? Anyone knows that no such thing exists!
+M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom