Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Would be exciting if not for our record.

Sekhenun - turned into an insane all-devouring sword.
Kyrie - turned into a jelly in an excruciating way.
Qilin only barely avoided being scewered by virtue of manxing shortcut (finally we found a use for the man creature!).
And this setting is just asking for it.

Maybe we should stay forever alone... :?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If your waifu has already been turned into an insane all-powerful book in an excruciating way, you're guilt-free. :M

Nevill

Arcane
“The Time Machine… H.G. Wells,” you note. The book is in English, although it is covered in hand-written Japanese annotations, most of them translations of particularly difficult words.
Amanozaki-san, is that you? What have they done to you?! :negative::M

Nevill

Arcane
Amanozaki wouldn't be The Time Machine.
I beg to differ.
A girl, descended from a family that moved out West generations ago to seek their fortune, returns to dispel the curse of their ancestral lands, and become famous in the process.
A girl with connections to both East and West, who dreamed of dispelling an age-long curse, surely has more in common with an English book (with Japanese annotations) about time travel than an ancient Chinese physician. :M

Which book would Uehara be?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Out West just means to Kyoto.

Cao'er, on the other hand, is intricately involved with time travel, or has been... will be... that is to say, she will have been involved by this time, and indeed has been.

Also, she'd have made a cameo in the village if you didn't trigger the old man's rambling and use up the rest of the day. :M

Nevill

Arcane
Well, if we hear hoarse croaking again we'd know not to be afraid. It's just our favorite murderous possessive clingy psycho stalker playing a prank on us. And the 'icy fingers' are just Xuezi's needle technique.

There is a rational explanation to everything, after all! :M

Nevill

Arcane
Hm, that was unexpected, coming from you.

Didn't we send Ei after Nami to make sure she'll warn us if anything happens? Yet now that something did happen you refuse to act on this information. Why?

Kz3r0

Arcane
How are we planning to enter the mansion?
As things are now we risk to doom Yukina without saving Nami.
treave can we prepare a barrier against ghosts before leaving?

Nevill

Arcane
How we are planning to enter the mansion?
There probably would be a choice to either sneak in, break inside (we are a thief, after all), or walk through the front door and talk it out. I'll be voting for sneaking if that's in the cards.

As things are now we risk to doom Yukina without saving Nami.
And vice versa. There is no guarantee of success either way. That's why we get to choose where to be. If we play our cards right, one of them gets a better chance. That's all there is to it.

By the way, I think Ei hears it just fine.
“Yukina-chan. Could you open the door? Please?” asks the voice again, with infinite patience and politeness. You glance at Ei, who shakes her head nonchalantly. It's not her.
What does she shake her head for to indicate that wasn't her, otherwise?

She just refuses to take a side.

Nevill

Arcane
I mean, there are reasons to stay with Yukina:

- She has traits of Real Nami as well.
- She may tell us her story that may be about us, the one we missed on talking about with Real Nami in the 4th chapter.
- We came here for Yomiki part of the story, not for Ikei one. Yukina is more relevant to that side of our investigation.
- She asks us to stay, though it is not fully clear whether out of concern for us or for herself.
- Finally, there was something about mere witnessing of an event influencing our attitude towards other characters and vice versa, and we might have one on our hands.

Those are the reasons I understand, and I am pretty torn about this decision as well. Yet the risks are hardly a part of it.

Those are my reasons to go with Nami:
- She is much more like Real Nami than Yukina is, and there is a fear that whatever happens with her might affect the real person if she outright isn't one.
- Even though we are investigating Yomiki, we are doing so to resolve the Ikei situation and help the ones trapped there. The people from that time are more 'important' in that sense.
- It appears she has the memories of the 4th night intact. We still haven't talked with her about it or about how she ended up here and for what purpose.
- She is currently in the Mansion, the building that will serve as the epicenter of the curse for a hundred years. Her situation is thus more precarious.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
We messed up when we let Nami go on her own, now is a lose-lose situation.
I wonder if is usual for ghosts wandering the streets at night or something happened at the mansion that unleashed them.
By Yukina attitude I think that the former is more probable.

Nevill

Arcane
Well, you (mostly) made it through half of the LP without knowing any spells. :M
Not to mention Shinoseki never pussied out before when someone was in danger.

Except that one time when we didn't search for Mitsuki, went to sleep, and she got skinned alive and turned into a Grimoire. Well played. :M

You might also influence the future more directly by marrying into her family. :M
Will we at least get to assemble a virtual harem in the bubble-verse after we kill off all real candidates?

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Will we at least get to assemble a virtual harem in the bubble-verse after we kill off all real candidates?

It would have to be with new waifus because you'll be long dead before the people you know are born. :M

Nevill

Arcane
We messed up when we let Nami go on her own, now is a lose-lose situation.
We were offered one last saving grace by sending Ei after her. The warning came back in time.

What's this defeatist 'lose-lose' attitude? :rpgcodex:

I wonder if is usual for ghosts wandering the streets at night or something happened at the mansion that unleashed them.
There is no guarantee that this 'world' existed before we appeared here. Who's to say what is normal?

It would have to be with new waifus because you'll be long dead before the people you know are born. :M
Can't we achieve eternal youth with the help of Necrololicon? There should still be a copy in the Mansion.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Well, you (mostly) made it through half of the LP without knowing any spells. :M
Effectively until now ghosts never 'killed' us, here is the list of our 'deaths':
By the Witch(?)
By fall.
By Juuzo shooting us.
Being caught by the abyss of souls.
Leting Evul Seiji to take over.
All right flopping to
A

Nevill

Arcane
Exceptt that one time when we didn't search for Mitsuki, went to sleep, and she got skinned alive and turned into a Grimoire. Well played.
We are not learning animals.
Meaning?

Mitsuki and Seiji are two cases of inaction and indecisiveness that I remember vividly. None of them ended well, though we came out of it relatively unscathed - it's the others who ended up paying the price.

So excuse me for being a bit sceptical of waiting games.

Let's hope you don't come face to face with a vengeful ghost when you open that door. :M
Bring it on. The descendant of Zhang fears no ghost!

Besides, the woman sounds kind and patient. I am sure we can come to a mutual understanding through the skillful application of ghost diplomacy like reasonable people should. :obviously: Shame it isn't younger, though, we never got to try the MTP method.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom