Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

oscar

Arcane
A. Foolish and risky but perhaps essential to our greater character.

Kz3r0

Arcane
yet we are unable to conceive that sending Maeda alone to a deathtrap was not such a good idea?
Basic psychology, while tsundere characters are the Otaku ideal people generally hate bitchy women, that was basically a knee jerk reaction, you must read that vote not as 'LOL let's do the same mistake again' but more as 'Fuck You Bitch'.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
I voted to send Ei to the mansion so she could help Maeda. Not to provide us some warning. Her going to the mansion alone was clearly a bad idea. I can't say for sure going to 'save' her is a good idea. I want to know what's up with the girl we're with now. So I'm voting to stay.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Let me see, we didn't search for Mitsuki and took a nap, now we let Nami go and had dinner, a voice called us from out the room, a voice is calling from out the house, we ran out of the room knowing it was a trap, now we stay in the house because voters were triggered.
Ok, ok, flopping to A

Tigranes

Arcane
I can sympathise with the idea that whole point of Ei was to get a warning, and the Other Maeda does appeal to me more / strike me as more useful, given her personality coincidence and possibly better memories (though, like Yukina, the recognition could be based on 'past lives' / other versions). I hold no illusions about Yukina's fate if we leave, though, or if we even open the door. Of course, I'd have voted to go with Maeda to the mansion in the first place, circumventing this problem, but I wasn't around for that.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Maeda has the bigger rack of course.

Hmm. Perhaps we should ignore Maeda and pursue Maeda.

Baltika9

Arcane
To touch the rack that is in front of us, or to touch the rack that is not.
4444476398_ce3bc30f7d.jpg

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you go, you get to say "I'll be back". If you stay, you get to say "I came across time for you".

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I been tagged. Not sure what the best choice here is. Not liking the voice that only the protagonist is hearing, and here-Maeda seems a bit fishy right about now. Maybe mansion-Maeda is a better choice. Maybe not. Maybe it's so dark outside, that we're likely to be eaten by a grue.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
treave,
“Shinoseki-sama came here in a time machine, just like the one in the book, then? Have they already invented one a hundred years from now? How exciting!” She seems rather excited to be meeting an actual time traveler, but you are more surprised at her swift acceptance of your claim as truth.
Why does Yukina mention that we came from the future that is a hundred years from now before we do? Is that intentional? :|

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
treave,
“I do some studying on my own, to while away the time,” explains Yukina, coughing. “Shinoseki-sama came here in a time machine, just like the one in the book, then? Have they already invented one a hundred years from now? How exciting!”
Why does Yukina mention that we came from the future that is a hundred years from now before we do? Is that intentional? :|

Ah, an editing mistake I overlooked. Shinoseki was originally going to explain everything in a single paragraph at the beginning of the update, but I split it up and moved some parts further down. I'll strike it out.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Current tally:

A - 5
B - 4

I may close the votes and update in a couple of hours. This particular choice is quite important, so make sure you are satisfied with what you have chosen. :M

Nevill

Arcane
How exactly can one be satisfied with their choice when they can not predict the consequences of it? All we have are vague hopes and lucky guesses.

The most we can be satisfied with are our intentions, but they rarely correlate with reality.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
There's not going to be any curveball consequences like 'the one you pick dies', so it isn't that unpredictable. :M

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Put me down for B>A in case of a tie. I'm not so enamored with B if it might cause delay.

Nevill

Arcane
There's not going to be any curveball consequences like 'the one you pick dies', so it isn't that unpredictable. :M
Well, thanks for that at least... I guess. :roll:

Over time I have learned to trust my gut feeling on these matters, and the update just screams at me that something nasty is about to go down. If I am not seeing things, that's what Ei implies as well in her Ei-speak. Logic suggests that we might be able to mitigate it somewhat depending on where we choose to be.

The unknowns are that we don't know where exactly this source of 'evil' originates, and where the worst of it will hit. We also don't know what effect Yukina's or Nami's deaths - or whatever the danger is going to result in - will have, on this 'world', or on the real people. Basically, we are going in blind. Again.

What do we even seek here, in Yomiki? What should we be doing? We still don't know that. 'To keep our eyes and ears open and collect evidence' is one thing, but now we are prompted for action, and one that might resonate with the rest of the LP by the looks of it. Yet all I have to guide me has more in common with feelz than with logic.

I wonder if we keep missing finding proper clues to help us navigate the LP, or if it is supposed to be that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom