Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic & Mercenaries: The Curse of Eternal Darkness

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
No I didn't mention other things in my post like being a trained classical musician or flaunt some immense prowess out of a fear of being perceived as something you are currently projecting because its not as relevant as things like being aware of period piece instruments and tools or relevant at all without appearing like an unhelpful high and mighty douchebag for an uncompleted project you also apparently lack humor to notice the obvious shift in writing style was intentionally obvious and not an individual perception of your genius analytical skills and in its obviousness would normally by non autistic human beings be considered somewhat self parodical or otherwise facetious which of course begs a typical droid like response as though a nueral network has been in the training which I'm just going to let you go ahead and shut down something like "i was only pretending to be retarded" which would just be a reiteration of what you had already posted hinting at again a cyclical and stagnant personality, again very much like a sort of droid or programmed non autonomous entity, if your post is even capable of being interpreted I have shown far more analytical or intellectual ability which now frames this post as pretentious which would be quite hilarious again if your code was not self aware enough to notice again what compounding irony is occurring here intentionally as I am having quite a time with both of our programmed response subroutines and its about here I should wonder to what degree you consider yourself thoroughly assimilated such that your in-joke goes without any set up or context, almost as if it were merely the growl of a zerg colony trained to respond en masse to noncontextual communication further I would say your individual perspective on an "art degree" would seem non-subjective (non-objective) and merely a sort of squirming pathetic ego feeler to navigate past trauma you have picked up consciously and contrivedly out of an image projection necessity fearing the absolute chaos of the non-subjective objective universe in which time is composed of non-simultaneously apprehended events and according to quantum causality insures both of our perspectives are based in the firing off of impossible to determine electronic whilings rendering both of our perspectives utterly meaningless, but yours most of all, because my ego is stronger than yours, getting so butthurt of such limited information which may not even be accurate, which much like your post seems ambiguously related and even more ironically this is exactly what you want and expect and here the snake has eaten its tail so many times you would be wise to just move on and kill yourself out of an inability to comprehend this post as it enlightens the netire nature of the cosmos because I am just that crafty and intelligent
I literally thought she was speaking:
subverse-a-very-sexy-robot-space-waifu.jpg

Pretty cool there are game composers on the codex. The game looks incline to me. I imagine story is the part that can really take its toll on progress. When you finish I can look at Stirring Dragon and say "HURRY UP!"

Has the codex listed games that finished, are in development, are in zombieware hell, and discontinued?

Last edited:

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
well is the game dead

Far from it. I'm actually revamping some of the early sections of the game (including character generation, beginning areas, etc) so that I can get an alpha build out to playtesters by December. Story-wise it's only about 1/4 of the way done, maybe, but I think it's up and working enough to finally get some other eyes on it.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I've got some playtesters and I'll be sending out an early version of the game this week. Might be looking for one more. Should be interesting to see how things progress from here.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
Well, the playtest helped me knock out a lot of bugs in the early game, but was ultimately a failure. So, I'm going to approach the next playtest differently once I'm much further in the game.

So, back to designing fun areas to explore, I guess.

Mustawd

Busy season is almost done for me so I should be able to help playtest the next round.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
While working on game content, I swung around and did some updates to the combat screen. So, I figured I'd post about it here before someone comes along and asks me if the project is dead (it isn't...it just takes an insane long time for one person to work on a project this large and complex).

There is now a sidebar that allows you to easily track the health/mana of your party members in real time during the fight. This is something I wish games like Pool of Radiance had built in...
Screenshot%20(26).png

One of my playtesters wanted a combat log in order to look back over what had occurred during combat. The "COMBAT LOG" button now provides that information...
Screenshot%20(27).png

Now, back to creating content for the game...

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Looking great! How is the game part of it coming along? I'm curious about enemy AI. GoldBox is a good point of reference, but KOTC2 has raised the bar for the entire genre on its own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom