Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
code RepairAndRecharge

in other news on Dec 13 we get another explorer anthology(no historic one to pair). Its... possibly best one when it comes to cards provided.
That being said it got only single black card, which is uncommon, so feel free to skip it

Dr1f7

Scholar
draft.png

yup this is the kind of shit i get matched against when drafting
dude perfectly curves out into exodia (all assembly workers combo) then tops with like 5 combat couriers, platinum angel + swiftfoot boots hexproof combo, keening stone, 2x 4/5 scry thopters...
i draw 15 lands in a row

spectre

Arcane
Shuffler gonna shuffle. I keep seeing four islands every now and then when I impulse.
If it's any consolation, you have the same number of lands as the other guy.

Dr1f7

Scholar
yup this is the kind of shit i get matched against when drafting
why crop rank?
cropping names, i'm a goldie rn
Shuffler gonna shuffle. I keep seeing four islands every now and then when I impulse.
If it's any consolation, you have the same number of lands as the other guy.
well he has like 8 cards left in his deck at this point and i have 16, he drew 2+ every turn cuz 5x combat courier + steelseeker popping off constantly. so yeah same number of lands but he's seen way more of his deck

the shuffler's been out to get me lately I run 15-16 lands every draft and ALL of my lands have been in the top half of my deck almost every game

also his pulls are fucking insane it's like he wasn't even at a draft table he just opened tron constructed

spectre

Arcane
Dr1f7
the shuffler's been out to get me lately I run 15-16 lands every draft and ALL of my lands have been in the top half of my deck almost every game
My favorite shuffler trick is when I scry some shit away to the bottom and immediately draw an exact copy.
But yeah, it do be like that sometimes. At 17 lands in limited, the chance for a flood is 14,9%, and even cutting that down to 16 is "only" 10%.
My sweet spot is 17 lands at 41 cards, but that just might be a silly superstition. And I still get non-games.
You basically need to grab at least one or two draw manipulation thingies, especially when mono. Thankfully Bitter Reunion is common and so is the Dig Site,
but I'd still go for an early Sasha's Research Desk or Misha Excavation Prodigy himself just to round things off.
The logic here being: the thing will flood you anyway at some point, so roll with it at least give yourself enough mana to play the game.

also his pulls are fucking insane it's like he wasn't even at a draft table he just opened tron constructed
Well, this shit is mostly common. I also run into one of those basically constructed decks every now and then.
If it was just a quick draft, people tend to work out the bot patterns after some time, that and sometimes a guy just gets lucky.

Dr1f7

Scholar
Dr1f7
My favorite shuffler trick is when I scry some shit away to the bottom and immediately draw an exact copy.
But yeah, it do be like that sometimes. At 17 lands in limited, the chance for a flood is 14,9%, and even cutting that down to 16 is "only" 10%.
My sweet spot is 17 lands at 41 cards, but that just might be a silly superstition. And I still get non-games.
You basically need to grab at least one or two draw manipulation thingies, especially when mono. Thankfully Bitter Reunion is common and so is the Dig Site,
but I'd still go for an early Sasha's Research Desk or Misha Excavation Prodigy himself just to round things off.
The logic here being: the thing will flood you anyway at some point, so roll with it at least give yourself enough mana to play the game.

Well, this shit is mostly common. I also run into one of those basically constructed decks every now and then.
If it was just a quick draft, people tend to work out the bot patterns after some time, that and sometimes a guy just gets lucky.
yea man I had 2x bitter reunion AND a research desk AND 2x mishra AND only 15 lands but of course they're all stacked in the bottom 8 cards of my deck I think I made someone at wotc angry. i did get to charbelcher for 10 dmg lethal in a different match tho that was pretty sick
5.png

it was premier draft tho, tron boy just got ridiculously lucky.

just drafted this sick looking deck tho I haven't tried blue/black in this format yet:

6.png

work out the bot patterns

What a joyless way to play the game.

LOL welcome to MTGA where the players are turbo autismo redditors who just copy paste one of the two T0 decks for constructed and use draft-helper mods for limited that tell them which cards to pick. the whole playerbase is a bunch of cucks

spectre

Arcane
Nicely plucked. I'd be tempted not to run the Elsewhere Flask and just depend on curates to fix the colors, but you can never have too much of that.
I am also not a big fan of Desynchronize because it's the owner's choice where the permanent goes. That Gruesome Realization looks tempting, on the other hand. It'd swap it for the synch and keep the flask.

Dr1f7

Scholar
Nicely plucked. I'd be tempted not to run the Elsewhere Flask and just depend on curates to fix the colors, but you can never have too much of that.
I am also not a big fan of Desynchronize because it's the owner's choice where the permanent goes. That Gruesome Realization looks tempting, on the other hand. It'd swap it for the synch and keep the flask.
yeah good points I'm on the fence I like gruesome but idk if I can afford 2 life to draw with a defensive deck like this. the -1/-1 to creatures is tempting tho because it hits a bunch of stuff in this format. flask works well with all my draw 2 synergies and puts counters on statue and can be animated

also they're showing off from the next set idgaf about cosmetics normally but they're really coming after me with all this sick ass phyrexia shit:

8.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
sick ass phyrexia shit
metal ones had more charm. *hite is decent, probably because it lost its whiteness.
if it ever gets exposed as a sleave, I could use it in some mono black deck

Dr1f7

Scholar
sick ass phyrexia shit
metal ones had more charm. *hite is decent, probably because it lost its whiteness.
if it ever gets exposed as a sleave, I could use it in some mono black deck
yeah the metal lands are sick I use the blue metal land as a sleeve when I'm not using my pony sleeves

and if u don't like white stay out of cube cuz the azorius lockdown god is BACK baby
nothing more fun than taking all the rope time to perfectly plan out each turn then ass ramming the "your go" spammers jajaja

9.png

10.png

spectre

Arcane
Same here, phantom and draft just doesn't mix for me.
It's like the MTG equivalent of blue balls.

Dr1f7

Scholar
i used to feel that way until i gave up on constructed entirely now idgaf about my collection

spectre

Arcane
Seems like they've dropped some mailing functionality. Totally looking forward to getting butthurt mail from kids roping me.
But the more important shiznit is this: it appears that if you had already redeemed the RepairAndRecharge code, you'll also get a "we're so sowwy, it's all fixed nao" message from the staff giving you the same bonus again,
so pick it up while it's there.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
pick it up while it's there.
actually, in surprise move from corporate overlords, expired items are automatically redeemed.

Looks like random twitter codes are no more and you will just get stuff, hence missing nothing

Seems like they've dropped some mailing functionality. Totally looking forward to getting butthurt mail from kids roping me.
It doesnt seem that you can send mails to anyone. I mean it would be hard, in order to get someone proper name you would need to use tracker/check logs

Image.ashx

Got a kickass card. May not be an ideal match for my greenblack deck, but monogreen with saga boseiju would work well with this.

spectre

Arcane
It doesnt seem that you can send mails to anyone. I mean it would be hard, in order to get someone proper name you would need to use tracker/check logs
Right, I've gotten carried away a bit.
Silly me, assuming a mailing module would let us... dunno, write shit to people.

Though that's consistent, they're really intent on not letting people communicate in any fashion, other than retarded emojis and "oops" "oops" "nice!" retard-speak.
I wonder, why can't they make an opt-in only chat, if they're so desperate to keep those pegi ratings or whatnot? I miss doing banter when card diddling.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I miss chat mainly to point out mistakes. Or receive such feedback. Rapidly hovering over cards is not the same

spectre

Arcane
Well, taunting people into going balls deep into Settle the Wreckage would have been much more fun if one could do more than just "good game" them.
Card games are so much better whan you can play mind games, though realistically I think I would mostly use it to share the burden of getting fug'd by the shuffler.

I actually don't see that many mistakes to point out these days, but it may be a rank thing. Most of the time it's people countering T2 Impulses and Considers,
and thinking thy can out-aggro an aggro deck while on the draw.

Pointing out mistakes is best in a friendly direct challenge game... if these hadn't been made totally fucking pointless by not contributing to quests and daily wins.

sick ass phyrexia shit:
They might get me to spend funny money on those, I'll have to see how they look in postage stamp size. Was waiting for more old man lands as the only option to tempt me but those are pretty good. Mountain just needs some goatse hands to be complete. Do agree with Luka on the metal lands being a bit better but since the bastards only did those as sleeves on Arena rather than land art here we are.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom