Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

Dr1f7

Scholar
>oh there's an artisan event! cool
>make a fun spider/fungus theme deck
>matched against same exact orzhov lifegain deck 5 games in a row

oh yeah I forgot this game was called "magic the netdecking to farm daily wins ASAP" and now I remember why any form of constructed is and always will be completely unplayable
whoever designed this game should really be proud

>release 400-card expansions 4-5 times a year
>1 or 2 of those 400 cards are playable

*and everybody clapped*

the entire playerbase is a bunch of sweaty ass nerds and everyone who's not that has been forced out gg

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
why are you surprised that people netdeck for event format that normally they dont normally play.
One time its historic artisan. Another its standard artisan, next time alchemy. And if you dont care about artisan, why spend time to build a deck? Get something random, get rewards, bail.

If you want proper artisan, find right discord

>oh there's an artisan event! cool
>make a fun spider/fungus theme deck
>matched against same exact orzhov lifegain deck 5 games in a row

oh yeah I forgot this game was called "magic the netdecking to farm daily wins ASAP" and now I remember why any form of constructed is and always will be completely unplayable
whoever designed this game should really be proud

>release 400-card expansions 4-5 times a year
>1 or 2 of those 400 cards are playable

*and everybody clapped*

the entire playerbase is a bunch of sweaty ass nerds and everyone who's not that has been forced out gg

I really hate the Voice of the Blessed card. You either have something on hand to remove it, opponent has bad draws or you lose.

Perkel

Arcane
MTG is played the best when you don't know what cards you will have.
constructed is just calculating chances which is why i don't like to play it.

Dr1f7

Scholar
why are you surprised that people netdeck for event format that normally they dont normally play.
One time its historic artisan. Another its standard artisan, next time alchemy. And if you dont care about artisan, why spend time to build a deck? Get something random, get rewards, bail.

If you want proper artisan, find right discord
who gives a fuck about the rewards for this.. it's literally like 2 random cards
the chances of getting anything remotely playable are about as close to zero as you could get

You're right though I shouldn't be surprised that everyone netdecks at this point because that's just how the game is and again everyone who doesn't netdeck either gave up on the game a long time ago or only plays limited

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
who gives a fuck about the rewards for this.. it's literally like 2 random cards
over years it did result in substantial contribution to my collection. Id say most people do care.
even though i netdeck those i do appreciate it as it brings something different to your routine

Dr1f7

Scholar
over years it did result in substantial contribution to my collection. Id say most people do care.
even though i netdeck those i do appreciate it as it brings something different to your routine
well good for you, your opinion of "lol artisan suxx i don't even like this game imma just copy paste the meta deck win asap so i get my free .0000000000000000001 credits xD ESPOOOORTS" aligns with the increasingly overwhelming majority while simultaneously forcing everyone who actually would enjoy what's supposed to be a casual format out

Dr1f7

Scholar
imagine being so creatively bankrupt that you can't fathom why someone might get sick of seeing the same 15 overpowered cards match after match for 2 years straight, in a "deckbuilding" game with thousands of cards to choose from

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
get your head out of your ass, not everything is about you. Last time Im trying to provide you different perspective.

midweek magic is random format out of... 20? Some pretty exotic. Id guess that average player is interested in just one.
For example im historic brawl player. Event starts for standard brawl. I dont care enough to create deck from scratch. There is a large pool to pick something, I grab cool commander and go through event quickly.

Im not talking in here about artisan edge lord being sick that he faces same decks. Im talking about majority of players.
Again, this is not about ranked netdecking. To reiterate: creating deck for random exotic format every weak is not necessarily compeling for most.
If every midweek provided list of decks to pick from, people would chose it over having to google something valid in given format

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
imagine being so creatively bankrupt that you can't fathom why someone might get sick of seeing the same 15 overpowered cards match after match for 2 years straight, in a "deckbuilding" game with thousands of cards to choose from

maybe don't play constructed then

right now you're sniffing lighter fluid and coming here to complain about your sense of smell being worse

Gerrard

Arcane
MTG is played the best when you don't know what cards you will have.
constructed is just calculating chances which is why i don't like to play it.
MTG is played the best when you do it like this

Gerrard

Arcane
Not as surreal as people still paying for MTG as WotC and Hasbro shit down their gaping mouths.

spectre

Arcane
So this is where the thread went.
NGL totally legit to have stuff with no single player component and daily quests in GG

In any case, I've recently decided to once again try and win at MTG and uninstalled the thing.
See you in a few years I reckon.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I uninstalled it early December. I hate the retard scum players, going afk when their net deck gets beat. I used to be motivated by beating them but now I don't even like playing with these people, I feel like an enabler for decline and adhd. Especially seeing as there are so many Charbelcher type shit decks that win on turn 3. People are so desperate to win at a game they destroy the game itself. People are the worst... and MTG could have tried to help somehow, but instead they double down on it and milk anyone who plays.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Tried to find some discord for pauper h brawl, sadly it doesnt appear there is any

MTG is played the best when you do it like this
So not playing at all? DEATH TO "INVESTORS" BLACK LOTUS FOR A NICKEL NOW*

*Which is also why I play Arena instead of paper. As fucky as the Arena economy is it's still way less of a pain in the ass. Sure I can't sell my Arena account but I've spent $50 all told on it because I picked up that War of the Spark preorder a few years back and haven't spent anything on it since so I won't be too broken up when they pull the plug. And similarly I've still got my old man paper cards and people can tell me dual lands are worth hundreds but that doesn't mean I'm going to track someone down to actually sell them for that much.

Tried to find some discord for pauper h brawl, sadly it doesnt appear there is any
Maybe not a place dedicated to it but maybe if you find some general Arena community you could wrangle some players. Talking out my ass here since I barely use Discord just to talk to a few gaming buddies I've known for a thousand years since they moved off IRC. Plus I guess it'd have to be artisan h brawl since you made me check and there don't appear to be any common commanders. Christ, and that's fucking weird. As I was looking over uncommon commanders I learned that I've somehow gone through MTGA with 0 copies of Dominaria's Tatyova. Even when I was doing simic fog mill bullshit in standard then I apparently never tried her out in it, huh.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Plus I guess it'd have to be artisan h brawl since you made me check and there don't appear to be any common commanders.
from what I saw comamnder is allowed to be uncommon.

Got interested in trying it out as i expect it to have longer, more even games. And most importantly - no random value piles. Potentially tribals could thrive?
If all common/uncommon cards were to dissappear, probably most h brawl decks wouldnt care lol. Well, counterspell piles could have some trouble.
Imagine games without wipe tribals...
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom