Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
yikes guys there's so much broken shit in these WAR spoilers kinda nuts.

Pledge-of-Unity.png

Bond-of-Discipline.png

God-Eternal-Rhonas.jpg

Spark-Double.png

a0a64d2e-8b89-4642-84c2-b01dfe11312e.jpg

Like, right now the meta is pick one of two extremes: total all in aggro decks or hyper no win-condition control decks. And rather than changing this up cards in this set literally just empower those archetypes. Either you win by turn 5 or you lose to teferi on turn 100

spectre

Arcane
If by cost you mean color screw, that's cause you're on one Overgrown Tomb. Even with 50:50 swamp/forest distribution, that still leaves you at the shuffler's mercy to get the right mix. Throw a bunch of guildgates and evolving wilds at it until it feels right or it will continue to happen.
Also, put some Memorials to Folly in there mang, it's a no-brainer combo with Molderhulk and Glowspore, and lets you re-do the LoL Giant combo kill.

Gravedigger is a weak card, I'd ditch it for something more interactive (discard, removal) and Biogenic Ooze doesn't seem to go along with any of your strategies.

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, this deck begs for some graveyard interaction. Or just Find/Finality in particular, it's a great card. That and chupacabras. Rhizome Lurcher, on the other hand, I think is close to unplayable. I only like him in pauper, where he goes over anything in the format.
Terrible draws are a common problem with GBx midrange decks, even with stuff like explore package. Don't get discouraged by that.

spectre

Arcane
If you're having a problem with draws, a bunch of Dusk Legion Zealots often makes a black deck run much more smoothly, being a cheap cantrip. It's best if you can do something with the body afterwards, like sac to Plaguecrafters (seriously, if you want to play black just craft a bunch of those if you don't have them. They're great). On second thought, I think you should just add moar 'Crafters instead of Rhizome Luchers, perhaps decide who you love better - Gutterbones or AssSkeletons and make some cuts there to fit a few.
Then give the entire zombie/skeleton boosting package a long, hard think. It's fine if you go aggro... but you're not really aggro. I would experiment with Priest of the Forgotten Gods if you have any and if it looks like you've got the bodies to throw to it, because it does a number of things you might want - card draw and removal.

I can get behind Biogenic Ooze as the card that keeps shitting critters on the board, so if they don't pack mass removal they're pretty much screwed, just pointing out it's got no real synergy with the rest of your strategy.

Plaguecrafter

Novice
"Destroy any number of planeswalkers" for two mana is pretty much all I wanted to see in a card. Anything else is just an added bonus.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Hey look it's green sun zenith but even more busted in standard.
finaleofdevastation1.jpg
sigh even more busted ramp cards. Not sure this is better than an X = 10 Jellyfish though I suppose its hard to lose with a 17/17 haste trample hexproof death lizard. If Reclamation can cast X=10 Explosions they can cast this as well (with the Planeswalker that lets you cast sorceries as instants).

Fun in Vintage with Channel as well. Or Tron in modern.

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
screw casting it for 12 mana, you get to fetch anything from your deck. GSZ had the limitation of just green crits, this gets anything and fetches from graveyard too. Consider these:
- for 4 mana you get to fetch Fblthp and draw 2 cards, or Tomik or Lavinia to shut down some decks
- for 5 mana you can fetch Knight of Autumn, Deputy of Detention, Goblin Chainwhirler, Evolution Sage...
- for 7 mana you get to fetch yourself a god and have endless gas or just win outright with Rhonas, or there's Biogenic Ooze if you're fighting something uninteractive
- for 8 can get basically any wincon you'd like
- this is all trivial to do and fit in a bant shell
I honestly think this will be super fun to play with or against in standard, but it's so surprising they basically printed a card that's banned in modern but better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom