Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

ind33d

Learned
I thought Assassin's Creed was bad, but now Wizards is releasing a secret lair of Gay Goblin Instagram Posts

literally could not make this up

if we're magnets i must be the most bestestest man on earth ever, since i keep attracting all the worst.
a friend of mine with too much spare time on her hands after two decades finally decided to get into mtg, through this abomination. she asked for my help to learn how to play and i thought reinstalling this would help me in teaching her how to build a competitive deck.
all my passwords are wrong, which is weird. i tried to reset it, the page doesn't work. whatever i write, it keeps telling me it must be at least 8 characters with upper and lowercase. i guess i can count up to 8, and know the alphabet in both upper and lowercase versions, and now i'm terrified i might have given away all my passwords to some scam. will the pinkertons come knocking?

Gerrard

Arcane
It doesn't help that 4 out of those 6 look atrocious, and of the remaining 2 one doesn't show the face.

Dr1f7

Scholar
why the fuck can't they just have normal random matchmaking wtf is wrong with WOTC why do they go so far out of their way to rig this fucking game on every possible level?
>play red aggro
>matched vs white lifegain or mirror deck EVERY TIME
>play some brew deck
>matched only against the strangest field of junk decks with random cards nobody plays

the most egregious:
>make rogue deck specifically built to combat meta decks that everyone seems to be playing in ranked
>get matched vs exclusively totally random jank shit that nobody plays in meta

i just don't understand. every other card game has true random matchmaking. the devs are like "whatever, just have true randomness and match people up randomly and have random shuffler etc..", while WOTC goes out of their way to have proven:
  • rigged 'deck strength' (bullshit) matchmaking
  • rigged starting hands (shuffler)
  • rigged ranked matchmaking with hidden mmr
just dumb af

ind33d

Learned
why the fuck can't they just have normal random matchmaking wtf is wrong with WOTC why do they go so far out of their way to rig this fucking game on every possible level?
>play red aggro
>play some brew deck
>matched only against the strangest field of junk decks with random cards nobody plays

the most egregious:
>make rogue deck specifically built to combat meta decks that everyone seems to be playing in ranked

i just don't understand. every other card game has true random matchmaking. the devs are like "whatever, just have true randomness and match people up randomly and have random shuffler etc..", while WOTC goes out of their way to have proven:
just dumb af
the level of incompetence for the rigging not only to exist but for the frontend to buffer overflow into user-facing code is fucking ludicrous

Dr1f7

Scholar
that's actually literally insane, no other game would go through the trouble of doing something like this
just make matchmaking random, maybe have a separate queue where obviously pushed t0 cards are banned, but to go this far at every turn wtf is wrong with them

honestly i wouldn't be surprised at this point if they match you vs. ai bots with curated decks half the fucking time (i swear this has happened to me especially in limited)
you know they've got employees just sitting around 8 hours a day brainstorming weird crap like this (deerrrp well they gotta pay me 4 something lul!)

considering all the obnoxious rigging that has been proven at this point, just imagine the kind of shit that's probably already in action but yet to be data mined

spectre

Arcane
It's a shit game, don't play it. It'll be good for you in the long run.

Also, you guys are getting brew decks? All I see is shit copied verbatim from CovertGoBlue or that goth chick on yewtube.
Most out-of-the-blue stuff is when a rando logs into a standard event with a starter deck. Still happens like every other run.

Dr1f7

Scholar

Also, you guys are getting brew decks? All I see is shit copied verbatim from CovertGoBlue or that goth chick on yewtube.
Most out-of-the-blue stuff is when a rando logs into a standard event with a starter deck. Still happens like every other run.
i'm hopelessly addicted to drafting, so for new set releases I binge draft for about a week until the stupid fucking 3rd party tracker meta data addon solves the format, auto-drafts for players, and ruins the fun for everyone but besides that yeah I don't really play and I'm reminded why every time I try constructed

when I'm playing random brews OR rogue decks I get matched vs decks that certainly are not meta, but no clue if they're streamer decks cuz i don't follow that shit

either way the rigging is just ridiculous

ind33d

Learned

i'm hopelessly addicted to drafting, so for new set releases I binge draft for about a week until the stupid fucking 3rd party tracker meta data addon solves the format, auto-drafts for players, and ruins the fun for everyone but besides that yeah I don't really play and I'm reminded why every time I try constructed

when I'm playing random brews OR rogue decks I get matched vs decks that certainly are not meta, but no clue if they're streamer decks cuz i don't follow that shit

either way the rigging is just ridiculous
I've also seen people on MTGO admit to ghosting/being prop players

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
>play red aggro
>play some brew deck

the most egregious:

just dumb af
I quit the game a year or so ago because of this. I also didn't like how I tried to argue about it on reddit and they denied that it exists and banned me. Cunts.

I recommend Manalink 3.0 to people to play it for free.

Alphard

Magister
>play red aggro
>play some brew deck

the most egregious:

just dumb af
why do you keep playing?

ind33d

Learned
there have to be legal ramifications if arena and mtgo have rigging in real-money tournaments, right? like dude

Dr1f7

Scholar
why do you keep playing?

well draft mainly mtg draft is just too good to pass up
but also sometimes it's fun to pull off stuff like this in constructed

28.png

ind33d

Learned
that's actually literally insane, no other game would go through the trouble of doing something like this
just make matchmaking random, maybe have a separate queue where obviously pushed t0 cards are banned, but to go this far at every turn wtf is wrong with them

honestly i wouldn't be surprised at this point if they match you vs. ai bots with curated decks half the fucking time (i swear this has happened to me especially in limited)
you know they've got employees just sitting around 8 hours a day brainstorming weird crap like this (deerrrp well they gotta pay me 4 something lul!)

considering all the obnoxious rigging that has been proven at this point, just imagine the kind of shit that's probably already in action but yet to be data mined
it's actually so profoundly insane that it's definitely how the west's hidden social credit score works, like every person is manually assigned an invisible number that quantifies how gay and black they are

Gerrard

Arcane
I watched a video where a guy talked about all the behind the scenes shit that this game does and it's fucking crazy to me that this isn't more widely known and people haven't boycotted this shit.

ind33d

Learned
I watched a video where a guy talked about all the behind the scenes shit that this game does and it's fucking crazy to me that this isn't more widely known and people haven't boycotted this shit.
arena rigging is the exact same thinking behind blizzard's niggometer. you can't understand these people unless you first realize they're all insane

laVoZIR.png

Dr1f7

Scholar
i wish he would link to sources in the description of his video.. some of these things like 'draft spreadsheeting' (where what's in your pack tells you what's in the other packs in the pod) i've never heard of and even though he says "some youtuber made a video on this" he doesn't say which youtuber or link to the video or anything and nothing comes up when searching for something like this

with the main offenders there's actual official articles/patch notes etc of mtga devs admitting to the rigging, and for some of the other rigging that hasn't been admitted to there's aggregated data that points to it. but these claims he makes with no back up are hard to believe, even though I wouldn't be surprised if they were happening, it'd just help the case a lot if there were actual sources here

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom