Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'm curious what you think about IWD2.
About the same I think of PoEE and the original Icewind Dale: boring.

I did try it. It does have a more similar feel to the BG series because of the engine, so I do like it more, but the story was so boring, I couldn't get into it. I couldn't tell you what the story was about if you paid me.

Blah, blah, snow, blah blah. :M

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
D9LVEoC.png

Her neck :lol:

Hellion

Arcane
Reading some of the comments below that trailer announcement, and it totally comes as a shock that the main issue of concern is Bioware/EA branding the female protagonist trailer as an "alternate trailer", meaning that the male character is "default" and that's sexist.

ddce5cb7b02f48929cecb1dff0445946.png

448ecf42bfaa47bd9042c3569bd2de50.png

0ad55f2475864d0dbea510565d92c6b9.png

2de666a3e26e4f43a88ff2f2646fa0d0.png

56d4eacc99304dabad85b2b1598276c6.png

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Bioware as a company has become a test case for what fully SJW development looks like.
Getting there, but not quite, yet.

Nah, for fully SJW see what modern art looks like - ie, women painting with their menstrual blood and naked Trump paper-mache.

If SJWs had their way, games would all have Social Justice plotlines, Social Justice characters and bizzare, degenerate, unfun gameplay with lots of pretty graphics and MMO-style "rewards" to keep the masses addicted.

It's like SNL or the Daily Show: The soul is carved out of whatever art-form they infest. All that's left is the form and cheap tricks like laugh-tracks to make you *think* it's still funny/fun/interesting.

They're doing it to comic books right now.

edit: Point being, we still have yet further to fall down this rabbit hole. :negative:

wat's ur butthurt, Matt with a capital M?

Last edited by a moderator:

Glaucon

Prophet
Is the obvious political pandering a distraction from mediocrity or the source of it? I wonder...

Reading some of the comments below that trailer announcement, and it totally comes as a shock that the main issue of concern is Bioware/EA branding the female protagonist trailer as an "alternate trailer", meaning that the male character is "default" and that's sexist.

a real, merciful god would never let these things happen. they would have never been born.*

(*: is this right? or is "they would never be born"?)

Freddie

Savant
Gun combat just keeps looking terrible. In Twitch video player empties almost entire clip to kill one enemy with body shots. Later in same video it looks like player drops one with only about one quarter of a clip, that's I guess because he gets 2-4 headshots, like in your face, at first. That said, might be my eyes and I didn't bothered to watch it again.

I weren't that impressed by the biotics either. A successful combo should sent some bodies flying.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

a real, merciful god would never let these things happen. they would have never been born.*

Your first phrasing was correct. :)

DeepOcean

Arcane
This keeps getting better... after removing player ability to change weapons for squad mates, to pause and tell them to use power x, now they confirm that there wont be alternative armors for squadmates, something that was present in all previous mass effect games, so you are stuck with the same armor all game... except those that Bioware sells through DLC of course.
Jesus, they removed paragon and renegade , removed the ability of you commanding squad members, removed different armors and weapons for companions and added that facebook crap game of Inquisition, the characters shown look boring as fuck and look suspiciously as old characters with a new coat of paint. On another words, they removed all the little RPG elements the Mass effect series still had. Who said there is an end on the bottom pit of decline? What is funny that this will fail to meet EA expectations any way so all this dumbdown won't save their ass.

Max Stats

Liturgist

"They would never have been born" sounds better to my oppressive cis white hetero ears (don't forget it's abilist because I'm not deaf Deaf) but all get your point across to anyone not on the spectrum so whatever.

Grif

Learned
This keeps getting better... after removing player ability to change weapons for squad mates, to pause and tell them to use power x, now they confirm that there wont be alternative armors for squadmates, something that was present in all previous mass effect games, so you are stuck with the same armor all game... except those that Bioware sells through DLC of course.
Jesus, they removed paragon and renegade , removed the ability of you commanding squad members, removed different armors and weapons for companions and added that facebook crap game of Inquisition, the characters shown look boring as fuck and look suspiciously as old characters with a new coat of paint. On another words, they removed all the little RPG elements the Mass effect series still had. Who said there is an end on the bottom pit of decline? What is funny that this will fail to meet EA expectations any way so all this dumbdown won't save their ass.

So what's left?

Sentinel

Arcane

So what's left?
the lesbians

no, wait.
no more paragon/renegade? i know it was stupid and made little sense but it was really the only reason to play the games more than once.

oh my, this is going to make fallout 4 look like an immortal masterpiece.

J1M

Arcane
no, wait.
no more paragon/renegade? i know it was stupid and made little sense but it was really the only reason to play the games more than once.

oh my, this is going to make fallout 4 look like an immortal masterpiece.
You can pick from 4 emotional 'stances', I assume as a result of someone at Bioware getting around to playing Alpha Protocol.

J1M

Arcane
So who is gonna bite the bullet and buy Origin Access to bring us the keks on the 16th?
I have Origin Access for this purpose. $5 seemed like a good deal to demo Andromeda and chew through their back catalog of Mirror's Edge 2, Inquisition, Dead Space, Titanfall, etc. (although half of them were quickly uninstalled)

I will also post instructions on how to disable motion blur, etc. once I've confirmed that they still work in the newest version of frostbite engine.

J1M

Arcane
disable motion blur
I turn that garbage off in every game. Gives me a headache. :argh:
I've never understood the hard-on publishers/designers/producers(?) have for these settings (bloom/motion blur/depth of field/etc) which obscure and muddy the art assets that they have spent $10 million to produce.

Especially when they come at a performance hit and character motion/eye movement create the same effect with less eye strain.

That's an impressive list of non-features. Did EA pull the plug on funding after the ME3 fiasco? I thought this was supposed to be the "big" game to redeem ME3?

disable motion blur
I turn that garbage off in every game. Gives me a headache. :argh:
I've never understood the hard-on publishers/designers/producers(?) have for these settings (bloom/motion blur/depth of field/etc) which obscure and muddy the art assets that they have spent $10 million to produce.

Especially when they come at a performance hit and character motion/eye movement create the same effect with less eye strain.

I think they like it on consoles because it covers up uneven framerates better or something.

sullynathan

Arcane
The framerate thing is retarded. Every frostbite game runs at 60 fps on consoles except Dragon age inquisition and Andromeda.

You can pick from 4 emotional 'stances', I assume as a result of someone at Bioware getting around to playing Alpha Protocol.
More like Dragon age 2.

Revenant

Dragon age 2 had 3 emotional stances.

Simple, game looks like a movie that way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom