Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Zerginfestor

Learned
Yeah, that animation is just so awful. And they worked on the game for three years before showing that shit. :lol:

"Showing" you say. They're hiding most of it off screen, because it doesn't even exist. That's right, walk into melee range to have your gun...caressed out of your hands?

reminds me of that critical fail meme of the orc and the backstabber.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://stevivor.com/2016/12/mass-ef...orpio-enhancements-likelihood-switch-release/

This is the first Mass Effect title on current-gen consoles, and Gamble says players should expect myriad improvements.

“A perfect example of [current-gen enhancements] is in the galaxy map,” Gamble began. “If you recall in the original trilogy your navigation through the galaxy map was on a 2D plane. You kind of move your Normandy to and fro.

“In Andromeda, that’s totally different. You look up the windscreen of the Tempest, and space is rendered in front of you 180 degrees. If you go to the back of the Tempest, you’ll see that the star that’s behind the ship is actually there, reflecting light beautifully on the conference room in the Tempest. Then, as you fly to a different area with a black hole, you see that effects things differently. I’m kind of nerding out visually on it, but next-gen allows us to do all that kind of stuff, and do really cool things that, for players who care about that stuff, it’s all technically correct.

“It allows us to do amazing alien worlds with two suns, and weird blue moons, and all sorts of cool stuff. Yeah, I mean, hopefully when you guys play, you’ll agree.”

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Wooah current-gen consoles! Can't wait to see what they make with a game designed for 16mb RAM and a Pentium 2.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Wooah current-gen consoles! Can't wait to see what they make with a game designed for 16mb RAM and a Pentium 2.
Don't be daft, consoles have given us some truly great looking games, maybe not pushing all the nifty effects or super high red textures of some pc games, but with some Stellar aesthetics.

Games that you would not get otherwise, like last of us, uncharted, ico, last Guardian, God of War.

pippin

I've never played Bioware games for their looks because they have never ever been about that. Mass Effect 3 had fucking sprites. This AAA game, in 2013, had sprites. Even their use of the supposedly superior Frostbite engine leaves a lot to be desired. It's barely above college bullcrap.

Heretic

Cipher
Two suns or a blue moon were possible on a fucking IBM XT, what's this for an argument?!

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Don't be daft, consoles have given us some truly great looking games, maybe not pushing all the nifty effects or super high red textures of some pc games, but with some Stellar aesthetics.

Games that you would not get otherwise, like last of us, uncharted, ico, last Guardian, God of War.
PC game tech craps all over console games. And those games you listed are shit I would never want to play.

That "smile" or whatever at the end always gets me. What even is that?

I'd probably have a goofy smile too if I managed to disarm someone. But that animation needs to be sped up, like...200%. Make it look like NotShepard moves faster than we (and the turian) can see. It'll make xir look OP but that's the point of the scene anyway, may as well at least make it look genuinely OP.

The thing that BW started catering to this audience... Who are these people. Someone should really have time out with them. 'Look, it's a giant space parrot. Your offspring would be a budgie or duck or whatever. Why do you wanna mate with a bird and give birth to a some sort of fucking space duck? What the hell is wrong with you!'

At least there's a scene in 2 where the frog doctor will warn Shepard of the dangers of interracial interspecies romance. But it's mostly just to tell her not to swallow poisonous alien cum.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Good and informative video. Gets interesting at about 6:50.

Don't buy anything from SJW-Ware.

RagingBuffZombie said:
With all the pandering they do for SJWs you'd think one of the romance types would be "cuck."

seanbhoy192 said:
Letting your big-dicked krogan squad-mate bang your hot asari girlfriend would be the Paragon option. Press Paragon interrupt to watch.

:mrpresident:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
PC game tech craps all over console games. And those games you listed are shit I would never want to play.
What good is tech if all this high rez graphics on pc manage to produce only shit?
But it doesn't produce shit, there are some amazing PC only games. Have you never played Arma2 or Arma3, Cities Skylines, Age of Wonders 3, etc? It is home of RTS, TBS, and lots of great stuff.

Frozen

Arcane
Can someone beg Trump to tweet "BioWare is shit"
That would put them over the edge and force EA to shut them down.

Grif

Learned
Can someone beg Trump to tweet "BioWare is shit"
That would put them over the edge and force EA to shut them down.
Frankly, it's just a matter of time. When Andromeda crashes and burns, EA will finally axe Bioware like all the other studios they have acquired.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Wait, do you guys think Bioware still exists? None of the companies EA buys up still exist... They are just assimilated, the staff leave, get canned, or are devoured by the hivelord for protein. The company names fade into forgotten gaming history.

jaydee2k

Savant
I need more cock pix. Get it going EA!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom