Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

lametta

Educated
This replaced resi village as top seller on steam. At least resi is a new game. Dont get why ppl buy a low effort remaster considering the 3 games were avaiable till now. Serve them shiny crap and they ll eat it...

Looked at the forums and some ppl defend it to death and claim that performance issues are the fault of the respective PCs.:?

How many of these lightning problem screenshots are from people with shitty video cards that have shadows disabled?
ME1 is a 2007 game that was fairly low-spec on release and had fine shadows. If this can't run on any PC still around in 2021 then everyone at bioware needs to be hung.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
How many of these lightning problem screenshots are from people with shitty video cards that have shadows disabled?
ME1 is a 2007 game that was fairly low-spec on release and had fine shadows. If this can't run on any PC still around in 2021 then everyone at bioware needs to be hung.
Optimizing games in the year of our lord 2021 is hard, if you don't have access to a NASA supercomputer, don't complain when it looks like shit on your machine.:positive:

vibehunter

Learned
This replaced resi village as top seller on steam. At least resi is a new game. Dont get why ppl buy a low effort remaster considering the 3 games were avaiable till now. Serve them shiny crap and they ll eat it...

Looked at the forums and some ppl defend it to death and claim that performance issues are the fault of the respective PCs.:?

Emotional investment in product consoomed + nostalgia. Criticism against said product is equated to a personal attack on the consoomer.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Played a bit. Graphics are exactly as they are in the screenshots. That scene with Ashley in the background is as blown out and over lit as all the screenshots. Beyond that, I don't know. I prefer the look of the original, obviously, but it doesn't look horrible in motion. Hopefully someone will mod in shadows again.

Gameplay-wise, they seem to have made it way easier. Whenever I'd play NG on Insanity in the original ME, I'd die multiple times on the first level. I didn't die once on Insanity in ME LE. Kind of sucks. I was hoping for a challenge.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Gameplay-wise, they seem to have made it way easier. Whenever I'd play NG on Insanity in the original ME, I'd die multiple times on the first level. I didn't die once on Insanity in ME LE. Kind of sucks. I was hoping for a challenge.
Probably because vanilla ME1 was clunky and annoying.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Probably because vanilla ME1 was clunky and annoying.

Possibly. It's way easier to aim now. However, you can also headshot everything through their shields and even use warp through shields, at least on the first level. Never used to be possible. You used to have to wear down their shields before you could do any damage. That Geth Prime leading up to the train used to be really hard, but I destroyed him in like 2 seconds. If I recall, most enemies in ME1 used to have shields, armor, and then health, but now it's just shields and health, and the shields are really weak.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Despair.

1tasmpqe47z61.jpg

J1M

Arcane
Played a bit. Graphics are exactly as they are in the screenshots. That scene with Ashley in the background is as blown out and over lit as all the screenshots. Beyond that, I don't know. I prefer the look of the original, obviously, but it doesn't look horrible in motion. Hopefully someone will mod in shadows again.

I set the brightness to -3 and that helped.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So is it true that you can't punch the reporters anymore in the remastered version?

Imagine putting in time and effort to remove good things from your game.

Nah fake news.

Also is that how the lighting looks or is that just some scrub with minimum settings? It looks like one of those early 2000s games with lighting disabled.

Yosharian

Arcane
So is it true that you can't punch the reporters anymore in the remastered version?

Imagine putting in time and effort to remove good things from your game.

Nah fake news.

Also is that how the lighting looks or is that just some scrub with minimum settings? It looks like one of those early 2000s games with lighting disabled.

Nope, that is how the lighting actually looks. They added in global lighting or something and it's destroyed the look of nearly all the dialogue scenes basically

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom