Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Orion Remake ? :O

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
12002396_797262937061932_6926339636103341675_o.jpg

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Heretic! I didn't played MoO, but did played MoO2, don't fucking touch ship design with your dirty hands.

PS You true about late-game battles however.

So potato actually screwed game up. Lol.
Actually, it sounds like they plan to streamline tactical combat and not to remove it.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Black hole is a new wormhole
EPvjdpNbntk.jpg

"Pathfinding"
VI53tU8_jhI.jpg

Planet types,:
Toxic
1NmvX3IZ9sU.jpg
Tundra
e1Ho2N8s-Ic.jpg
Terran
rBpqUpD0xk0.jpg
Swamp
a392C4Lk1Iw.jpg
Radiated
vQhmAPmGnsQ.jpg
Desert
kRnYnutg0kk.jpg
Barren
7q6gndHfC1E.jpg
Arid
wQvs8_SGylQ.jpg

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
And why there difference between a desert and an arid planet? They are the same, it just depends on exactly where you are on that planet whether you're in a desert or on a arid location. No planet that has an atmosphere is 100% identical all over.

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
And why there difference between a desert and an arid planet? They are the same, it just depends on exactly where you are on that planet whether you're in a desert or on a arid location. No planet that has an atmosphere is 100% identical all over.

It's an old MOO1 distinction. One could argue that it's based on amount of surface water on the planet.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Neutral planets. Sometimes would ask you for something. Some kind of mini-quests. Plus, planet guardians confirmed, like Amobae, gragons and Crystals from MoO2.
aNZGW553ycw.jpg

Lets copy mechanics from the civ game everyone hated.

It's an old MOO1 distinction. One could argue that it's based on amount of surface water on the planet.

It didn't require special tech to colonize either way, it simply reduced the max population a bit for desert compared to arid. Not a bad distinction to make I think.

Last edited:
The whole thing just looks way too sterile, that look didn't help Endless Space I doubt it will help here.
And event notification all the way down the right lower corner and the stats upper left, someone came up with that shit, everyone has to copy it.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
What a fucking ugly UI this game has.
It's like the UI for an app that calculates calories intake.

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Can I try it somewhere? looks fun

There's not going to be open testing until the Beta next year. Alpha 2 is scheduled for 1Q 2016.

Wait, is it remake of MoO? I didn't played it sadly. Or is it something new based on MoO?

It's going to be a fairly strict Java implementation of MOO1 with updated graphics and sound. It's still in progress, but moving along. The plan is to make it available for free and eventually open-source the code.

Here's a Q&A I did with explorminate a few months ago: http://explorminate.net/2015/07/28/java-moo-master-of-orion-qa/

SmartCheetah

Arcane
How about modding possibilities?
(I know. I'm getting old with this question but hearing about "java" always gives me hope in that regard for some reason.)

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
How about modding possibilities?
(I know. I'm getting old with this question but hearing about "java" always gives me hope in that regard for some reason.)

Making games moddable is something that developers do when they don't open-source their code. If you have access to the code, you can do whatever the heck you want.

Thank you again, you have greatly improved my mood. I think that your illustrator is better than Wargaming has.

He is really good, but the Wargaming artists have a much more difficult task of rendering in 3D.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
He is really good, but the Wargaming artists have a much more difficult task of rendering in 3D.

It is called in English like "they was handicapped by themselves", I think that 3D in most cases looks fake? out of place? Anyway good 2D looks better in 99% cases.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom