Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Orion Remake ? :O

meh, i needed somebody new in the ignore list.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Those who say MoO3 is a good game is a spiritual siblings of those who say Dragon Age: Inquisition is a great game.
in other wortds, strategic Biotards.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Klackon. Kinda...teaser wallpaper?
ij8iQjag4qI.jpg

RayF

Arcane
Patron
Developer
That looks interesting. I've always been bugged by the original game's desire to fit so many aliens into the humanoid form. I'm glad to see a change.

Raapys

Arcane
Lul, copy-paste B5 shadows and add some silliness.

And stop talking shit about MoO3, faggots. Game has many problems, but being as bad or worse than the vast majority of space 4x games is not one of them.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Indeed, MoO3 (tropical) is the definite 4x game. The game's main problem is the horrible UI.

PS: MoO3 + Amplitude UI :desu:

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Let me guess: a happy drider cosplaying as Pilot from Farscape! :happytrollboy:

No?

>Klackons
>Research

Well they are one of the best races of MoO1, and in MoO2 they still have some of the best research through industry, just the inability to choose what they get (on impossible you can usually immediately trade for all your tech anyway).

You're being obnoxious and obtuse, either because you're an autistic sperglord or you get a kick out of playing devil's advocate - I don't know which is worse. The problem is pretty clear to anyone who has actually played the game. It plays itself competently enough that the player doesn't have to do anything but even if you turn off all the automation, it doesn't really help - you're left moving groups of ships and fiddling with sliders, none of which seems to have an effect on anything. Eagerly awaiting your nonsensical reply where you still refuse to accept facts.

But why would you turn that off?
I played 1 game of MoO3, tried some stuff, got bored and just kept pressing end turn.... and i won. I mean this must be the best game ever, don't even have to play to win! Only 1 thing is better: cheat and don't play it at all.
So it was going back to MoO2 and i'm still there today. And looking at the screenshots i'm pretty sure that won't change in the near future either:(

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
There are also places you could streamline MOO2 without hurting the game. For example, I don't think ship design needs to be so complicated, late-game battles so cumbersome, or large empire management so fiddly. Some of that is simply a matter of UI, but some of it is a matter of stripping down some of the content, like having dozens of different buildings that do the same thing, only better, rather than having secotrs that you improve a la MOO.

Heretic! I didn't played MoO, but did played MoO2, don't fucking touch ship design with your dirty hands.

PS You true about late-game battles however.

New article on Politically Correct Gamer:
https://archive.is/dE74m
No tactical combat.

So potato actually screwed game up. Lol.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
no tactical combat?
HAHAHhahahahahHAHAH

:|

It seems that the tactical combat is not "ditched" but they choose not to "deep dive" in it. So we'll have to see whatever that means. They have ship models because they've showed them so some sort of combat will be in the game I guess.

Last edited:
the same guy who says everything past the first civilization is overcomplicated crap? no, thank you.

edit: oh, wait, it's the exact same article.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom