Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview Matt Chat 441: Annie VanderMeer on Neverwinter Nights 2 and Alpha Protocol

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Alpha Protocol; Annie VanderMeer; Matt Barton; Neverwinter Nights 2; Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer; Obsidian Entertainment

As I hoped, this week's episode of Matt Barton's interview with Annie VanderMeer went into more detail about her work at Obsidian Entertainment. After the cancellation of Dwarfs, Annie joined the Neverwinter Nights 2 team where her role as junior designer was to set up and organize the distribution of the game's many items. She also contributed to the Mask of the Betrayer expansion, where she got to design some items of her own including a few with unlikely inspirations. At the same time, Annie also worked on Brian Mitsoda's initial more serious iteration of Alpha Protocol. She claims that this version of the game was scrapped after much of the voice acting had already been recorded and that none of her writing (and very little of Brian's) remains in the final release.

Voice acting was apparently one of Annie's favorite activities during her time at Obsidian, both doing her own voice work and working with professional voice actors. She contributed two of Many of One's voices in Mask of the Betrayer and did even more on Storm of Zehir, which was her final project at Obsidian. It looks like there's going to be more about Storm of Zehir in next week's episode.

• Brofist x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Interesting x 1
    • honk honk! x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Matt is really cute with these "cliffhanger endings" in recent videos.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges

• Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 2
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.