Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Chat Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Satori (original), Aug 25, 2010.

1. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    A pretty cool interview with Matt appeared on TruePCGaming podcast.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Final Neal Hallford

^ Top  
  3. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    Matt uploaded this some 19 minutes ago:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Broseph Fabulous Hoosier Patron

Broseph
  5. circ Arcane

circ
    SOmeone pls animate.

^ Top  
  6. Haven't watched this latest interview with him, but I gotta say Garriott doesn't come across very well in these. I guess I shouldn't be surprised 'cause "Lord British" and all that, but still. A degree of tooting your own horn is fine, but he kinda seems to angle it like he invented and/or pioneered everything. Everything.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Next interview is Jeff Tunnell from Dynamix (Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China, Willy Beamish, The Incredible Machine, and many more) :incline:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. circ Arcane

circ
    I wish he would interview some Infocom guys like Meretzky or... Yeah... Blanc? I feel ashamed.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Destroid Arcane

Destroid

At last, I tried organising the Jeff Tunnell interview months ago, I guess he held out for his new game to be announced.

circ if you want it, get in touch with those guys and set it up.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. circ Arcane

circ
    Last time I tried to set something up I felt really bad afterwards. Me and some guy were going to start up a MUD back in the early 90's. So I got in touch with some PnP author from the States and wrote hey, can we use your stuff? A few weeks later he not only says ok, he sends me shitloads of printed documents with maps and everything over snail mail for no charge. And I'm like HOLY SHIT. And then the other guy backs out and nothing happens. Sorry US guy.

^ Top  
  11. taxalot I'm a spicy fellow. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    I have to say, Garriott was pretty much likeable in this video series with Matt. You can tell the man loved his Apple II and had genuinely good ideas, as well as trying to push his own limits back then.

But now I have to ask ; when is the Spoony interview coming ?

^ Top  
  12. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
    you mention all that garbage but no tribes?

shame on you

^ Top  
  13. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    My only regret is I missed Matt's tweet about the interview and didn't get to send him any tribes questions to make sure they talk about it. Although it would be pretty crazy if they didn't, considering T1+2 have got to be some of his most successful and popular games, and he went on (with others) to found a new company on the basis of their engine and a spiritual successor.

^ Top  
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. TripJack Prestigious Gentleman Hedonist

TripJack
  16. taxalot I'm a spicy fellow. Patron

taxalot
    Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    ^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  18. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    I think it would be pretty great to get one of the old Simtex guys on the show, Stephan Barcia or Ken Burd. The only problem is I have no idea how to contact either of them in an effective manner, Stephan Barcia is an executive producer at EA (Vancouver I believe) these days, and Ken Burd is at Turbine working on Dungeons and Dragons Online. I tried mailing their media department, but got nothing.

Any suggestions?

^ Top  
  19. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Damn, at 2.10 he almost messed up his name. :troll:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

^ Top  
  21. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    ^ Top  
  22. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    Good interview so far, I hope they talk about tribes and Garage Games in the next one.

^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

Matt Chat 201: Jeff Tunnell on Software Patents, Betrayal at Krondor, Incredible Machines

^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

Matt Chat 202: Jeff Tunnell on Tribes, Torque, and Xbone

^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Frayed Knights!

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.