Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I watched the whole episode. Now I remember why I don't like long conversations with old people. Not nearly enough info about their time in the business, and little to make it worth the 1.5 hour investment. About 3 minutes worth of interesting stuff caught up in all that time. I think Matt caught them about 5 years late. It does sound like their book is a solid read, yet while they reference it often, they don't really go too deep into any specifics from the book. A shame.

Edit: they spent a lot of time selling their book, selling their new game, talking about their thoughts on what type of VR game they would like to make, when I was looking for commentary on the development of the Sierra classics.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Coridden is a creature and shape-shifter-themed action-rpg with some really cool co-op features and a neat post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting. Narin and Valle chat with me about the game's influences, design, and crowdfunding campaign.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This week's episode features an interview with the star of Phantasmagoria 2, Paul Morgan Stetler. Paul talks about his time with that game and his most excellent YouTube channel, Conversations with Curtis.

grimace

Arcane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NolXzdyuvwI

MC523: An Interview with The Space Quest Historian​

The Space Quest Historian is one of the foremost experts on the Space Quest series as plenty of fantastic videos researching its history and influence. But he also does a lot more cool stuff, including interviews and soundtracks on vinyl. We had a great chat about SQ and his many excellent projects.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
MC524: Star Trek games with Mat Bradley-Tschirgi

Mat's back with a brand new book, this time on Star Trek games. If you like Star Trek and video games, you'll love Mat's book and this chat with the author himself!

ind33d

Educated
If Matt Barton and RPG grognards ran the government we would be nailing alien pussy right now

Late Bloomer

Scholar
MC525: Kurt Kalata on JRPGs and Hardcore Gaming 101

Kurt is the founder of Hardcore Gaming 101, one of the best and oldest sites catering to our favorite hobby. Kurt has a deep knowledge and history of many genres and has written many books as well as articles, but here we focus mostly on his epic Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games. I think you'll be amazed at how well-versed and knowledgeable he is on this and many other topics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom