Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
That's not true. People engage in far more demanding projects than chatting with video game developers, with no pay, and even lose money to continue such projects, and they don't complain like this guy. Regardless of whether such circumstances are desirable or not.

Glop_dweller

Prophet
...and people do quit, or refuse to take jobs that don't pay enough to be worth the time and hassle.
shrug.gif

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
...and people do quit, or refuse to take jobs that don't pay enough to be worth the time and hassle.
shrug.gif

Most people would be glad to make any amount of money off of their hobby. This guy is a fanboy just like his viewers but I understand what you're saying.

This was all a publicity stunt anyways

Glop_dweller

Prophet
Most people would be glad to make any amount of money off of their hobby
Don't be so sure. There are indeed people who would give away their work, and yet not accept a minuscule (or an insulting) price for it.

Giving it away is their choice, but accepting a price point is establishing value; a low price is a low value.

It's possible certainly, but I somehow doubt it —this time.

Last edited:

Glop_dweller

Prophet
It is not impossible that the new producer even suggested it, but like I said, I won't choose to believe it —this time.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I don't doubt it at all. He abruptly announces the end and then someone conveniently shows up to "save" the show?

Don't be so naive. It's more likely than not this was all planned. Whatever, I'm glad he's going to continue.
Maybe true. Though why would he plan to make himself look like a dick. Because now it looks like he was effectively half-ass blackmailing his fanbase to give him more money while proving his previously ambiguous statements about "support" (emotional support? views?) were just about the money.

AndyS

Augur
Hasn't Matt done stuff like this before? I seem to recall years ago him going off and labeling people who watch his videos without sending money jerks and freeloaders. I appreciate his channel but I don't think he's ever had the right mentality for it.

axx

Savant

Rusel DeMaria's amazing career spans over 40 years and includes such milestones as creating and editing the famous Prima Strategy Guides. His name was a frequent site in gaming mags of the 80s and 90s, and his books High Score! and The Game of X deserve their place on any serious game aficionado's bookshelf. Finally, his work on LucasFilm Games' manuals for TIE Fighter was so great they asked him to write novellas! As if all this wasn't enough, he's also a noted musician, Tai-Chi expert, and has personally met a huge number of Hollywood celebrities like Walt Disney and Shirley Temple.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You forgot this part:
**Matt Chat is currently in dire need of your financial support and in imminent danger of being canceled.** If you enjoy videos like this one and in-depth conversations with people like Rusel, you must right now. Go to the link below and become a member of the Matt Chat team. If you're already a member, please consider leveling up to the next tier. Don't think your contribution won't matter--even a few bucks could make the difference between keeping the show in production, and I will greatly appreciate your help! Don't let the show die without a fight!

So go support Matt Chat with Patreon and keep Matt Chat in production! http://www.patreon.com/blacklily8
:roll:

A horse of course

You forgot this part:
**Matt Chat is currently in dire need of your financial support and in imminent danger of being canceled.** If you enjoy videos like this one and in-depth conversations with people like Rusel, you must right now. Go to the link below and become a member of the Matt Chat team. If you're already a member, please consider leveling up to the next tier. Don't think your contribution won't matter--even a few bucks could make the difference between keeping the show in production, and I will greatly appreciate your help! Don't let the show die without a fight!

So go support Matt Chat with Patreon and keep Matt Chat in production! http://www.patreon.com/blacklily8
:roll:

This is probably not the best way to handle it.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't doubt it at all. He abruptly announces the end and then someone conveniently shows up to "save" the show?

Don't be so naive. It's more likely than not this was all planned. Whatever, I'm glad he's going to continue.
Maybe true. Though why would he plan to make himself look like a dick. Because now it looks like he was effectively half-ass blackmailing his fanbase to give him more money while proving his previously ambiguous statements about "support" (emotional support? views?) were just about the money.

I don't think he's a very tactful person. He pulled this once and just did it again. I'd feel insulted if I was a long time fan.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected

I don't think he's a very tactful person. He pulled this once and just did it again. I'd feel insulted if I was a long time fan.
You might be right. The part Infinitron posted is plain ridiculous.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I know it seems like he's too nice of a nerd to do something like this but appearances can be deceiving.

Not saying he doesn't deserve money but this is an underhanded way to go about it and a large part of his fanbase is naive nerds who may be very trusting because they are in the spectrum. His actions don't sit right with me but whatever I'll still watch.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

For Matt Chat 501, I play one of my favorite games: Heroes of Might and Magic 3. It's an epic turn-based fantasy game with colorful graphics, just-right complexity, and excellent "just one more turn!" gameplay.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'd love to be friends with Matt, but he's not fun enough to watch his 3 hours long streams.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom