Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Metaphor: ReFantazio Thread - Atlus JRPG by Persona Veterans

cruel

Cipher
The game is apparently as long as Persona 5. Hard to say how much of that will be filler.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
finished demo took about 6 hours

story is very retarded but its so bad that its kinda entertaining
difficulty pretty easy but died few times to ambushes
level 6 party managed to defeat
a dragon :hmmm: you should defeat this optional fight reward is very good for the next dungeon

in hard difficulty enemies get extra press turn which can be removed if u hit weakness (and u get extra press turns in smt fashion) so I would expect magic to be superior vs physical. I just pump every point into magic. MP management is very easy so can spam spells every encounter

but this fuckness trivializes difficulty hope this is not available in regicide difficulty
1727354630349.png

so any combat encounter you can restart unlimited amount of times without any penalty, disgusting

you can see other people party setups and can even copy their builds... the fuck
Y0CsucN.png

totally impassable :-D
1HKQm2D.jpeg

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I gave it an hour on the chance I'll eventually return to the game proper so I don't have to replay much, but I think "playing the game" part will be the weakest link here. Setting with its various tribes and racism, politics-lite and just the idea of their fantasy story being one of our world is interesting. It's the systems that come across as nothing memorable even though that could just be the weak, first boss fight impressions talking. It's also hard to deny visuals aren't exactly up to snuff. Maybe I should've left the default 125% rendering ON just to see if it completely does away with jaggies.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
you just know it's some inner world mumbo jumbo and all the fucking characters are like aspect of your guy's personality and he's secretly in a coma or some such midwit shit. fatlus has simply not outgrown jungian idiocy and cannot do honest to god fantasy

Falksi

Arcane
Only played an hour so far, just got to the city, no combat yet, but I utterly love the cheesy anime approach. It's perfect to capture that late 80's, early 90's vibe it's going for.

I'm glad it's a bit retarded, games like this fall flat on their face when they take themselves too seriously. That's for proper RPGs.

jungl

Augur
Its absolutely bonkers fatlust is charging 70 bucks for this. The visuals are awful ps2 tier. I know the persona franchise visually always looked ugly but come on 20 years old graphics 70 bucks lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom