Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Cadmus

Arcane
The backway into Karthaal isn't far from the main city entrance. I'm pretty sure you should have been directed there by a quest if it's time to go in, but maybe you can go early. I can't remember.

The experience thing doesn't sound right at all. I'm not babysitting you through the other stuff because I'm not in a helpful mood and would need to boot up the game to remember some of it for certain.
Yeah I was directed there by quest,
Jon Morgan or what from the fort thingy told me to look for informant, I went to the sewers entrance near karthaal gate, found a girl who said her father hadn't been heard from and to go inside the city and find him ...and the area around her in the sewers is all sealed off, so I went outside looking for some other entrance..

covr

Prophet
Patron
So, any news about new/upcoming patch? I hope that another one is coming, this game needs more optimization.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am pretty sure they're done with game. I wonder what Limbic will do next!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Guys why the fuck does everything have such high resistances against magic. Or everything.
My goddamn freemage stupidly focused on air magic, I can't find air master trainer, all humans resist air, I put 1 point in fire magic humans go dead, now goblins come, at lvl 19 I cant kill a party consisting of 2 goblin watchacallthem hunters or something and 1 elite war panther,cuz war panther bites off my dick. I cast celestial armor for 130 dmg protection, cast stone skin, cast shadow thingy to avoid 1 attack and my guy goes dead anyway.

I have some questions:
1) is it correct that if I kill a monster in a Dangerous Cave and all party members are alive, they get around 200xp but if only one he gets around 40? What's with that?
2) Is buff damage reduction applied before celestial armor or after? I can't really tell.
3) how does evasion and armor and resistances work? evasion is a chance so I guess it's totally abstract and just the bigger the better but armor? Is it 50 armor=50% damage received? or damage -50 points received? or what. And resistances say it's % but I wonder about that too.
4) is there any bonus gained from skill being raised by an item bonus beyond a training treshold? e.g. I have master mace skill maxed but no grandmaster learned, I get item + 5 mace skill, do I still receive the bonus damage as if my skill was 5 points higher even if it's not possible? I noticed skills I don't have don't give bonus if gained from items so there's that.

Something's wrong. I got Shalassasasadadada blessing, I'm starting to loathe the loot dump after every dungeon and get annoyed when I have to switch nice items for nice items because I'm not sure how everything works and what bonuses are more useful and I have to check this all the time due to getting so much shit.

It's still incredibly hard on lvl 19 so I guess my characters kinda suck. I can't even abuse sleep because the best weapon for my barbarian I've found deals AoE damage and he's practically my only damage dealer. I'm now supposed to find the entrance to Karthaal but there's nothing in the sewers with the informant, I can't possibly survive in the jungle and there seems to be nothing there, too. I killed the Amor or Arok or something, the big wolf boss near karthaal but his lair doesn't have the entrance either. Can't enter from the Lost city karthaal sewers 2 entrance, it's blocked inside. Can't survive anywhere.

I got a retarded +xp companion who wants me to take him somewhere and I have no idea where but I'd rather take the cook cuz the rest bonus seemed nice.
I have about 55k and that seems like a lot of money and I'm starting to get the feeling that I should have more sets of armors and jewels with resistances for specific encounters and that idea haunts me because I hate having to switch items all the time and remember who had what and I still don't know stuff for sure. Bleh.

Any hints where a functional karthaal entrance might be? I guess I'll just have to triple check everywhere and try to beat some fight but there's some enemies who totally destroy me: all the jungle fucks, even the regular spearmen skeletons, ravenous ghouls oh god. I've even cleared all the dangerous caves I could find so far, sometimes just by blocking forever with my dorf while the rest lay dead.

You're just playing it wrong(tm).

Tigranes

Arcane
You actually are. I'm travelling but (1) if barb does aoe build your other attacks around aoe dmg and lowering defence too, (2) arm and eva get redundant after a certain point bc of the way they chdck your numbers to enemies attack ratings. Same with attack chance. But sounds like you are not there yet. (3)you should not be having a hard time at lv19. (4) edwin exp dudes destination is pretty remote. Butyou can take two dudes. (5) you dpmt really need to endlessly switch items. Per 1, decid which abilities and bonuses you want to go fr, decide a strategic theme for yournparty, then gear for that.

Cadmus

Arcane
You actually are. I'm travelling but (1) if barb does aoe build your other attacks around aoe dmg and lowering defence too, (2) arm and eva get redundant after a certain point bc of the way they chdck your numbers to enemies attack ratings. Same with attack chance. But sounds like you are not there yet. (3)you should not be having a hard time at lv19. (4) edwin exp dudes destination is pretty remote. Butyou can take two dudes. (5) you dpmt really need to endlessly switch items. Per 1, decid which abilities and bonuses you want to go fr, decide a strategic theme for yournparty, then gear for that.
Well, the idea was to have barbarian as a damage dealer for single target, dwarf tank, druid buffer, and freemage single target damage dealer. However, I had no idea about the game system, spells or anything (by choice, I thought not reading up on it would have been more interesting) but what happened is that I sorely lack damage. The barbarian has the aoe mace cuz it also happened to have the highest damage output on the primary hit and my nuker freemage is having horrible time cutting through the resistances and often results to melee aoe hit with the DLC staff, which is really nice, because it deals more damage than sparks. I think I'll try giving the barbarian lower damage weapon and go back to sleeping everyone. I'm also getting the feeling that I should have entered karthaal a long time ago thus I'm often getting mysels into places too difficult for me instead of trying to follow the main quest. But I was stuck with that.
FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN'T FIND DECENT WEAPONS ANYWHERE. EVERYTHING IN SHOPS IS SWORDS SWORDS SWORDS.

Tigranes how does the celestial armor work with what, explain yourself!

GlutenBurger

Cipher
The most important factor in weapon damage is usually your skill with the weapon. The rest is gravy. If you have access to sleep, try getting an unenchanted mace of the highest quality from the pirate town, and save your AOE weapon for fights when you don't want to use sleep. You can also use the AOE weapon before casting sleep. As I recall, there is no penalty for swapping weapons during combat.

I'm also pretty sure that celestial armour is the last element taken into account when calculating damage, but am not entirely certain.

Dorateen

Arcane
If you've reached the sewers, just search as far as you can. You will find the door you need to go through. Probably missed a lever to pull. I did find the beginning of the Karthal Sewers to be a coming-of-age moment of the adventure. If you can handle the monsters there, and the fights just beyond, you should be able to manage the rest of the game.

Also, check your beastiary part of the journal if you haven't already. It will start to show the resistances for various creatures, if you've killed enough of them. Then plan to fight them accordingly.

Cadmus

Arcane
If you've reached the sewers, just search as far as you can. You will find the door you need to go through. Probably missed a lever to pull. I did find the beginning of the Karthal Sewers to be a coming-of-age moment of the adventure. If you can handle the monsters there, and the fights just beyond, you should be able to manage the rest of the game.

Also, check your beastiary part of the journal if you haven't already. It will start to show the resistances for various creatures, if you've killed enough of them. Then plan to fight them accordingly.
Yes, thanks. I've been checking the journal constantly.
Now I finally managed to get into Karthaal, finish the naga tea quest by accident and bought new guns for my soldats. After venturing back into the desolate wilds or what's it called, I found out that my problem had simply been the damage output. With the new weapons and without the stupid aoe mace, it's become so much easier!! As I suspected, the problem was in me not finding the lever and thus trying to search the entire map and getting pwned in higher lvl areas.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
That tea quest was absurd. You start collecting the quest items long before you're given an opportunity to actually receive the quest. Highly unsatisfying.

Cadmus

Arcane
That tea quest was absurd. You start collecting the quest items long before you're given an opportunity to actually receive the quest. Highly unsatisfying.
I don't know..I liked the fact that I had all the items when I actually received the quest and the reward was great:)
I would say it was highly satisfying. I was afraid it would be one of those collect tons of shit you can never find throughout the whole game quests but it wasn't.

Luzur

Good Sir

tell me about it, i was given the final tea bag from the questgiver, all i had to do was reclick the quest comment and i finished it.

Zeriel

Arcane

tell me about it, i was given the final tea bag from the questgiver, all i had to do was reclick the quest comment and i finished it.

A lot of the game world felt like it was designed before they decided to railroad the game into a specific order, and then wasn't retouched when they did. I could be completely wrong, it's just conjecture, but a lot of the dialogue in Karthal struck me that way.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I can't find air master trainer
See Guaora in The Crag's Training Center.
I got a retarded +xp companion who wants me to take him somewhere and I have no idea where but I'd rather take the cook cuz the rest bonus seemed nice.
There's two types of companions: quest-related (the +10% bonus XP astronomer) and hirelings (the goblin cook). You can only have one of each at any given point, but ypu should be able to have both the XP guy and the cook.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
I'm fucked, the game started crashing on start up for no apparent reason. It looks like a Unity bug. Access violation 0xc0000005, Ive seen it all over the net but no reliable solution..

What ive found is try to delete uncl.ttf font but this one isn't there (I have czech windows so maybe thats why) only lots of upcl.ttf and such fonts. I even tried deleting the whole content of the fonts folder and only half could be deleted and still didnt work. So has anyone found a solution?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm fucked, the game started crashing on start up for no apparent reason. It looks like a Unity bug. Access violation 0xc0000005, Ive seen it all over the net but no reliable solution..

What ive found is try to delete uncl.ttf font but this one isn't there (I have czech windows so maybe thats why) only lots of upcl.ttf and such fonts. I even tried deleting the whole content of the fonts folder and only half could be deleted and still didnt work. So has anyone found a solution?

Why not delete and reinstall the game? Your saves are in My Documents so nothing will happen to them.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Ill try but I'll bet it wont work =/

You could also try deleting everything in \Documents\MightAndMagicXLegacy EXCEPT your saves. Maybe there's some kind of fucked configuration that needs to be reset.

Cadmus

Arcane
Hey so I finished the game with the unicorn DLC, too!

I had a great time, even though I burned out near the end.
I had to cheese the last boss in the fucking prison cuz it was impossible to kill him straight, I read about the bug where he gets stuck and you can shoot him.

As is a tradition for me, I completely missed the plot twist
I had no idea who Dunstan was at all when he was revealed as the villain.. I just started a new game and hes at the very beginning but I think I just told him to gtfo and played on in my first game

I really liked the dream sequence.
The game ran really nicely and I haven't found any bugs I think. Maybe buff icons disappearing sometimes. I hated how the class promotion quests were not marked as such and I'd spend hours running around their dungeons with nothing to do only to go read a guide to tell me I can't do anything there cuz I dont have the proper class.

1H axes still suck, I didn't get a single relic 2h mace, the obelisk artifact was a sword, oh well. The DLC was hard as shit without the gear and I think I was pretty lucky to have 2 mages with all spells. If I imagine I had only one, I'd be fucked without many of the buffs/cure spells.

So what's the consensus on this? I thought the game was amazing but I haven't played the old ones so I can see someone might not like it.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
As is a tradition for me, I completely missed the plot twist
TBH it's a pretty lame "twist", but then deep and involved story was never M&M's forte and nobody cares anyway.

I hated how the class promotion quests were not marked as such and I'd spend hours running around their dungeons with nothing to do only to go read a guide to tell me I can't do anything there cuz I dont have the proper class.
I wasn't a huge fan of this either. Having honorary promotions like in MM6-8 would've been nice.

1H axes still suck, I didn't get a single relic 2h mace, the obelisk artifact was a sword, oh well.
The problem with 1h axe is that the relic is found far too late. There IS a 2h mace, but IIRC it's even later in the game, very close to the end. 2h maces are super-powerful though thanks to the chance to stun.

So what's the consensus on this? I thought the game was amazing but I haven't played the old ones so I can see someone might not like it.
I think I made my opinion pretty clear. There's no real concensus (Codex never reaches one anyway, despite what we like to claim), some people loved it, others hated it. The old games are great and you should totally play them. MMXL does some things very differenly from them, sometimes for the best, sometimes for thew worst. Have a look in the M&M discussion megathread, we've been talking about the series for years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom