Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yes, it fucking works. Whaddaya think i'm lying? If you're on a 64 bit system, edit options64.txt. Better, edit both to be sure. I can always check the current resolution in my monitor and it shows 1680x1050. Apparently, Infinitron cannot into computer.

Hey jackass, you say it works and someone else said it didn't. That's one vote on each side, which usually means fuck all. Thanks for the pic though.

Mraston

Learned
Other than the terrible opening movie and the fact I had to install uPlay I'm liking this quite a bit. The dungeons so far are far to simple for my tastes. I would love Grimrock sized dungeons with the MMX streamlined blobber world and towns.

Was all that Angels and Demons, Master of Assassins, Children of Light and Darkness related to Xeen? Or is it new? Because it's terrible.

Edit: There better be spaceships somewhere.

Morphi

Augur
Was all that Angels and Demons, Master of Assassins, Children of Light and Darkness related to Xeen? Or is it new? Because it's terrible.

Nope, thats from HoMM5/6, Xeen is absolutely not to blame.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah, what's up with that opening movie? It is a serious candidate for Worst Game Intro in the History of Game Intros.

Insanely long? Check.

Insanely boring? Check.

Insanely irrelevant? Check.

yadda yadda yadda generic war yadda yadda yadda angels yadda yadda yadda demons yadda yadda yadda generic fantasy politics yadda yadda yadda YOU R RAIDERS

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Other than the terrible opening movie and the fact I had to install uPlay I'm liking this quite a bit. The dungeons so far are far to simple for my tastes. I would love Grimrock sized dungeons with the MMX streamlined blobber world and towns.

That movie basically spoils the plot of Heroes VI, which kind of pissed me off because I was planning to play that. :M

Mraston

Learned
Yeah, what's up with that opening movie? It is a serious candidate for Worst Game Intro in the History of Game Intros.

Insanely long? Check.

Insanely boring? Check.

yadda yadda yadda generic war yadda yadda yadda angels yadda yadda yadda demons yadda yadda yadda generic fantasy politics yadda yadda yadda YOU R RAIDERS

I hit my ESC key so damn hard when I heard "Such and such...the MASTER OF ASSASSINS".

What in the hell is this movie talking about?

Syvere

Educated
I'm stuck :(
Can you help me?
(in Act1)
After I freed the governor in his castle (act1) I get 2 quests (looking for hints/deal with pissed off elven king) I don't know what to do. the bridge is still blocked and the griffin fly option is greyed out. Did I miss something or a bug?
Which version do you have?
Was EA, deinstalled, installed it from the DVD, Uplay patched it (8 gb)....
You need to redeem the key IN-GAME. Start the game -> click bonus content/extras -> input the key from the manual and redeem. It won't work in UPlay itself, only in-game.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

That movie basically spoils the plot of Heroes VI, which kind of pissed me off because I was planning to play that. :M

Eh, who cares about the plot in a Heroes game anyway?

I still have to finish V. Fucking Academy Mission V getting on my fucking nerves.

Morphi

Augur

Insanely long? Check.

Insanely boring? Check.

They felt like ass kissing the Heroes5+ fan base, instead they should be ass kissing the Might and Magic Fans.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Insanely long? Check.

Insanely boring? Check.

They felt like ass kissing the Heroes5+ fan base, instead they should be ass kissing the Might and Magic Fans.

I dunno. I don't think anyone but a core of like 6 HoMM fans are going to appreciate that intro. It's just poorly made, plain and simple. No matter what the subject matter is, you don't droll on about something that fucking inane for that long on a background of static, beige images.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Unfortunately, one of those bases is much, much larger. And it ain't the M&M one.

FWIW, I agree that the intro is too long and too detailed, but the point of it is to explain why the Agyn Peninsula is having a political crisis (because the people of the Empire just discovered THEIR RELIGION WAS A LIE sort of, not to mention the Emperor is dead)

Last edited:

Mraston

Learned

It was probably more a matter of kissing Ubisofts ass by making sure this game linked to the existing franchise cannon.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Unfortunately, one of those bases is much, much larger. And it ain't the M&M one.

FWIW, I agree that the intro is too long and too detailed, but the point of is it to explain why the Agyn Peninsula is having a political crisis (because the people of the Empire just discovered THEIR RELIGION WAS A LIE sort of, not to mention the Emperor is dead)

Dude, I read the entire Ashan Setting Manual on my way back from Gamescom because I was bored and it was in my goodie-bag. It's generic fantasy, but that intro made it come off as some of the most asinine and boring crap I've ever witnessed.

I maintain that the issue here is NOT the subject matter but purely the exceedingly poor craftsmanship of the intro. Boring images, boring voice-acting, boring writing, way too long. QED.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
cdaction forum said:
A game, that recycles models from other M&M games is not worth a dime to me. I even noticed some models from H5 and Dark Messiah on the video... not to mention of course about the horrifying number of models from H6. No, just no.

:troll:
Apparently that guy didn't like 7 and 8 'cause those recycled assets from HOMM too.

Mraston

Learned
FWIW, I agree that the intro is too long and too detailed, but the point of is it to explain why the Agyn Peninsula is having a political crisis (because the people of the Empire just discovered THEIR RELIGION WAS A LIE sort of, not to mention the Emperor is dead)

I would have been much more pumped if they just said that. Empire in decline and ecclesiastical disillusionment are much more interesting than arch angels and masters of assassins.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
cdaction forum said:
A game, that recycles models from other M&M games is not worth a dime to me. I even noticed some models from H5 and Dark Messiah on the video... not to mention of course about the horrifying number of models from H6. No, just no.

:troll:
Apparently that guy didn't like 7 and 8 'cause those recycled assets from HOMM too.
Considering it's cdaction "that guy" was 2yo at the time.

Morphi

Augur
I'm stuck :(
Can you help me?
(in Act1)
After I freed the governor in his castle (act1) I get 2 quests (looking for hints/deal with pissed off elven king) I don't know what to do. the bridge is still blocked and the griffin fly option is greyed out. Did I miss something or a bug?
Which version do you have?
Was EA, deinstalled, installed it from the DVD, Uplay patched it (8 gb)....
You need to redeem the key IN-GAME. Start the game -> click bonus content/extras -> input the key from the manual and redeem. It won't work in UPlay itself, only in-game.

It worked ! Thanks a lot !! :)
Further proves how useless Uplay is, also it always tries to sync savegames and rewards, fails at that and doesn't let me play while trying to sync, also it never did asked me if I even want to upload savegames... what a piece of shit.

Angthoron

Arcane

Turmoil has engulfed the
Holy Empire. The worshiping
of gods in an outlying Agyn
Peninsula is in dispute.

Hoping to resolve the matter
with a blockade of deadly
monsters, the wicked Separatist
Alliance has stopped all
communication with Holy
Empire.

While the congress of the
Empire endlessly debates
this alarming chain of events,
the Supreme Chancellor has
secretly dispatched two Jedi
Knights
four adventurers, the guardians of
peace and justice in the
galaxy, to settle the conflict...

Branm

Learned
Love this game!!! Brings back old school!! Vast improvement over the early access!!

Still can't believe Ubisoft is responsible for this incline!!!

For the mother of god, please DO NOT leech this game. Buy i and support the incline!!! :)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A nice person on SA

A Goon managed to squeeze MMX into their busy schedule of playing Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and replaying Mass Effect 3 for the fifteenth time? Damn, that IS nice.

:roll:

It's like the mirror image of what they keep saying about the Codex. Truth is, SA is no more homogeneous than the Codex is.

Syvere

Educated
It worked ! Thanks a lot !! :)
Further proves how useless Uplay is, also it always tries to sync savegames and rewards, fails at that and doesn't let me play while trying to sync, also it never did asked me if I even want to upload savegames... what a piece of shit.

No problem! It's really obscure I know, and I wonder what happens when you reinstall the game as you have already redeemed the key.

EDIT: by the way, you can disable save game synchronisation from Uplay settings. click the clockwork on top right in play, select settings and you should find the option to disable it.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

I would have been much more pumped if they just said that. Empire in decline and ecclesiastical disillusionment are much more interesting than arch angels and masters of assassins.

I don't disagree. As a side effect, there would also have been less spoilers. :M

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
What a great fun this game is, jeesh. I can't really remember the last time I had this much fun with a game; it's been ages.

:bro: for Limbic.

I'm not really sure if this game is geared towards lightweight (or ever heavier) C&C as I've not really followed the devblogs and such, so the choice between
killing and saving Luke in the Den of Thieves
seems to be unexpectedly hard one; not knowing whether it will bite me in the ass later on... :lol: Great fun, great fun.

rickralsten

Educated
Quick question. [SLIGHT SPOILERS]

I just finished the Lighthouse and the lizard guy out front has a quest called (I think) "Naga Tea." He gives me some tea but the quest isn't in my journal, either as a current quest or as a completed quest. Bug?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Quick question. [SLIGHT SPOILERS]

I just finished the Lighthouse and the lizard guy out front has a quest called (I think) "Naga Tea." He gives me some tea but the quest isn't in my journal, either as a current quest or as a completed quest. Bug?

Feel free to use spoiler tags if you feel that you're posting spoilers.

Code:
[spoiler]text with spoilers[/spoiler]

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom