Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Vendor loot is random, and refreshes based on time, actually!

Most chests/drops are random, too, though determined at start of game in the case of containers.

Fuck my unlucky ass then, I had the the same(or same-ish) sword whole night yesterday even when all potions were refreshed.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Can anyone confirm this method works with zero errors including dialogue? Otherwise it needs some modding before it's playable in these resolutions.
No, on 1680x1050 the background on the dialogue screen is a bit wonky, bot nothing that really interferes.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, you need either 2x swords and 2x daggers or 4x daggers. Is the vendor stuff any good?

You can mix and match too though. For instance, give your bladedancer 1 sword and 1 dagger, and benefit from the advantage of both (extra attack from dagger + higher crit on top of the nebefits of sword and dual weild) But you need to level up the dagger skill for that.

Greatness

Cipher
Is there any documentation for the various skills/spells/etc in the game? The manual is worthless and I can't even find much online. For example: What do the Warlord skills do? I've no idea if it's worth leveling because I have no idea what "Skull Crack", "Unstoppable Assault", "Intercept", and "Furious Blow" actually do...

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A nice person on SA has posted the following guide to skills and spells; it's missing some damage info, but otherwise seems to be useful.

Might and Magic X Spell List:
All values are taken with a Magic stat of 14 (Excepting Warfare but that doesn't matter) and a Magic school skill of 1. Average Damage Per Mana (APDM) is calculated by adding the maximum and minimum damage values and diving by 2 times the mana cost of the spell. As all boosts in the game are percentage based, the relative effectiveness of spells will remain unchanged given equal spell skill ranks. Classes refer to character classes which have access to that tier of spells. Unless otherwise specified, ranges refer only to the squares in front of the party.

Skills do have an impact, however. Classes which reach Grand Master can put a full 30 points into their skill as well as doubling what each point gives them. This means that a Grand Master's spells have 60 effective points to a Master's 23. A Grand Master will therefore cast their spells with a full 185% boost (so 285% of the Master's value).

:black101: Air Magic :black101:

Novice Rank
Classes: Mercenary, Druid, Crusader, Ranger, Rune Priest, Hunter, Freemage, Shaman

Air Ward
Cost: 10
ADPM: N/A
Desc: Each party member is granted +7 Air Resistance for 5 turns.

Sparks
Cost: 15
ADPM: 1.3 per enemy
Desc: Spreads sparks of lightning, dealing 13 - 27 points of damage (Air) to all enemies in adjacent tiles.

Wind Shield
Desc: Strong winds surround the party and increase each party member's Evade value against ranged attack by 13 for 3 turns.

Gust of Wind
ADPM: 1.06
Desc: A gust of wind starts blowing and deals 5 - 11 damage (Air) to target enemy within a range of 2. The target is pushed back and dealt 5 - 11 damage (Physical).

Expert Rank
Classes: Mercenary, Druid, Crusader, Ranger, Rune Priest, Hunter, Freemage, Shaman

Eagle Eye
Cost: 20
Desc: All party members are granted +5 Perception. Lasts 3 turns.

Lightning Bolt
ADPM: 2.2
Desc: Hurls a bolt of lightning on a target enemy within a range of 4, dealing 21 - 45 damage (Air).

Clear Mind
Desc: Clears the mind of target Feebleminded party member.

Master Rank
Classes: Druid, Crusader, Ranger, Rune Priest, Hunter, Freemage, Shaman

Chain Lightning
Cost: 30
ADPM: 0.88 per enemy
Desc: Hurls a bolt of lighting at a group of enemies within a range of 3. The bolt will jump and fork from one enemy to another in an electrical chain-reaction, dealing each time Lightning (Air) damage equal to 16 - 37 times the number of targets.

Cyclone
Cost: 50
ADPM: 0.93 per enemy per turn.
Desc: Summons a cyclone that hunts enemies for 4 turns and deals 33 - 60 damage (Air) to enemies or party members it reaches.

Grand Master Rank
Classes: Freemage, Shaman

Thunderstorm
Cost: 50
ADPM: 0.8 per monster[super]2[/super] per turn. Best case 21.6 (3 monsters for 3 turns)
Desc: Summon a storm for 3 turns in front of the party. Each enemy in the storm is dealt damage (Air) equal to 31 - 49 times the number of affected enemies.

:black101: Earth Magic :black101:

Novice Rank
Classes: Blade Dancer, Ranger, Freemage, Druid, Rune Priest, Shaman

Earth Ward
Desc: Each party member is granted +7 Earth Resistance for 5 turns.

Entangle
ADPM: 1.76
Desc: You deal 20 - 33 damage (Earth) to target enemy within a range of 3. This enemy can't move this turn.

Regeneration
ADPM: 3 health immediately, 7.5 after 3 turns
Desc: Restores 20 - 27 health to each party member immediately and 11 per turn during the next 3 turns.

Cure Poison
Desc: Withdraws Poison from target Poisoned party member.

Expert Rank
Classes: Blade Dancer, Ranger, Freemage, Druid, Rune Priest, Shaman

Poison Spray
ADPM: 0.9 per monster (initial), Additional 1 per monster per turn.
Desc: You poison each enemy in front of the party: they are dealt 7 - 20 damage (Earth) and a further 16 damage (Earth) on each following turn. Their evade value is decreased by 11.

Stone Skin
Desc: The skin of each party member hardens like stone. This increases Armour value by 8. Lasts 3 turns.

Strength of the Earth
Desc: Cures target Weakened party member.

Master Rank
Classes: Ranger, Freemage, Druid, Rune Priest, Shaman

Poison Cloud
ADPM: 0.925 per monster initial. Additional 1 per monster per turn.
Desc: Spreads a poison cloud in front of the party, lasting 3 turns, dealing 16 - 21 damage (Earth) and poisoning all enemies within. They are dealt 16 damage (Earth) on each following turn and their Evade value is decreased by 11.

Acid Splash
Cost: 25
ADPM: 1.6
Desc: Deals 33 - 47 damage (Earth) to target enemy in close combat and decreases his Armour Value by 50%.

Grand Master Rank
Classes: Druid, Rune Priest, Shaman

Crushing Weight
Cost: 35
ADPM: Varies; 0.43 per 100 hp remaining.
Desc: Target enemy in close combat loses 15% of his current health.

:black101: Water Magic :black101:

Novice Rank
Classes: Freemage, Druid, Shaman

Water Ward
Desc: Each party member is granted +7 Water Resistance for 5 turns.

Consciousness
Desc: Awakens target Sleeping party member.

Frozen Ground
Desc: You freeze the ground beneath a group of enemies within a range of 3. They can't move this turn.

Ice Bolt
ADPM: 1.76
Desc: Hurls a bolt of ice on target enemy within a range of 4, dealing 20 - 33 damage (Water) and decreasing it's strikes by 1 (to a minimum of 1) for the turn.

Expert Rank

Ice Prison
Desc: Target enemy in close combat gets captured inside an ice prison this turn. The enemy can't attack or move but also can't be attacked.

Circle of Winter
ADPM: 0.925 per monster
Desc: A circle of frost radiate from the party dealing 13 - 24 damage (Water) to each enemy around and decreasing their strikes by 1 (to a minimum of 1) for the turn.

Water Flows Freely
Desc: Cure target Paralysed party member.

Master Rank

Blizzard
ADPM: 2 per monster
Desc: Each enemy in front of the party is dealt 33 - 47 damage (Water) and strikes 1 time less (to a minimum of 1) this turn.

Liquid Membrane
Desc: You generate a transparent and fluid membrane which protects the party this turn, reducing incoming damage by 7%

Grand Master Rank
Classes: Druid, Shaman

Tsunami
Cost: 40
ADPM: 1.3 per monster
Desc: Deals 47 - 60 damage (Water) to all enemies in front of the party, pushing them away.

:black101: Fire Magic :black101:

Novice Rank
Classes: Defender, Scout, Shaman, Freemage, Rune Priest

Fire Ward
Desc: Each party member is granted +7 Fire Resistance for 5 turns.

Torchlight
Cost: 5
Desc: A torch like flame improves your vision in darkness for 33 turns.

Fire Bolt
ADPM: 2
Desc: Hurls a bolt of fire on target enemy within a range of 4, dealing 33 - 47 damage (Fire).

Danger Sense
Desc: You sense the presence of nearby enemies and see them on the minimap. Lasts 33 turns.

Expert Rank
Classes: Defender, Scout, Shaman, Freemage, Rune Priest

Burning Determination
Desc: Burning determination bolsters the party, protecting them from getting paralysed, sleeping or stunned. Lasts 3 turns.

Inner Fire
Desc: All party members are granted +5 Might value. Lasts 3 turns.

Fireball
ADPM: 0.9 per monster
Desc: Hurls a ball of fire on a group of enemies within a range of 3, dealing 20 - 33 damage (Fire) to each of them.

Master Rank
Classes: Scout, Shaman, Freemage, Rune Priest

Fire Shield
Desc: All party members are protected by a Fire Shield dealing 5 - 8 retaliation damage (Fire) when the enemy strikes. Lasts 3 turns.

Fire Blast
Cost: 45
ADPM: 1.2 per monster
Desc: Shoots a blast of fire dealing 47 - 60 damage (Fire) to each enemy within a range of 3.

Grand Master Rank
Classes: Rune Priest

Fire Burst
Cost: 60
ADPM: 1.325 per monster
Desc: Generates a storm of fire dealing 73 - 86 damage (Fire) to all enemies in adjacent tiles.

:black101: Light Magic :black101:

Novice Rank
Classes: Druid, Scout, Freemage, Crusader, Rune Priest

Light Ward
Desc: Each party member is granted +7 Light Resistance for 5 turns.

Light Orb
Desc: A floating orb of light improves your vision in darkness for 33 turns.

Celestial Armour
ADPM: 2.4 health
Desc: A celestial armour protects the party from the next 60 damage they would be dealt during the next 3 turns.

Clairvoyance
Desc: The light of Elrath reveals nearby traps. Lasts 33 turns.

Expert Rank

Cleansing Light
Desc: Dispels any Curse on target party member.

Heal
ADPM: 4.9 health
Desc: Restores 67 - 80 health to target party member.

Radiant Weapon
ADPM: 1.35
Desc: A radiant weapon swings at target enemy in close combat. Target is dealt 7 - 20 damage (Light), 7 - 20 damage (Physical) and can't block this turn.

Master Rank

Resurrection
Desc: Target party member is resurrected

Heal Party
ADPM: 5.3
Desc: Restores 40 - 53 health to each party member.

Grand Master Rank
Classes: Crusader, Rune Priest

Word of Light
Cost: 40
ADPM: 1.35 health, 0.34 per monster
Desc: A heavenly light deals 7 - 20 damage (Light) to each enemy within a range of 3 and restores 7 - 20 health to each party member.

:black101: Dark Magic :black101:

Novice Rank
Classes: Freemage

Darkness Ward
Desc: Each party member is granted +7 Dark Resistance for 5 turns.

Dark Vision
Desc: The darkness discloses what it hides and improves your vision in darkness for 33 turns.

Shadow Cloak
Desc: You blend the party in shadows, making the next attack from any enemy miss during the next 5 turns.

Whispering Shadows
Desc: You sense the presence of secrets and able to discover them for 33 turns.

Expert Rank

Purge
Desc: Dispel all positive conditions from target enemy in close combat.

Drain Life
ADPM: 1.075, 0.375 health
Desc: You drain 16 - 27 health (Dark) from target enemy in close combat and transfer 7 - 8 of them to the party.

Sleep
Desc: Target enemy within a range of 1 falls asleep. They can't attack, move, block or evade but will wake up if dealt damage.

Master Rank

Terror
Desc: Target monster within a range of 4 is terrorised and runs away for 2 turns.

Agony
ADPM: Varies
Desc: Inflicts the Agony condition on target enemy within a range of 4. The target is dealt 8 - 11 damage (Dark) each time it is dealt damage (Physical).

Grand Master Rank

Weakness
ADPM: 0.15 per monster per turn
Desc: Each enemy around deals 20% less damage (Physical) and is dealt 7 damage (Dark) each turn. Lasts 2 turns.

:black101: Primordial Magic :black101:

Novice Rank
Classes: Rune Priest, Druid, Freemage

Arcane Ward
Desc: Each party member is granted +3 Resistance to all schools of magic for 5 turns.

Sundering
Desc: The armour of each enemy within a range of 3 is sundered: Armour value is decreased by 11.

Time Stasis
Desc: Target enemy in close combat is trapped in a timeless state. They can't be attacked nor attack or move during this turn.

Mana Surge
ADPM: 2.68
Desc: Next time target enemy within a range of 5 casts a spell, they are dealt 47 - 60 damage (Prime).

Expert Rank

Dispel Magic
Desc: Dispels all positive and negative conditions from all party members.

Heroic Destiny
Desc: All party members are granted +5 destiny. Lasts 3 turns.

Identify
Desc: Identifies one unidentified item in the inventory.

Master Rank

Implosion
ADPM: 2.14 + 1.2 per remaining target 100 hp per additional monster
Desc: Target enemy within a range of 3 is dealt 47 - 60 damage (Prime). Each other enemy close to it is dealt 30% damage (Prime), based on targets remaining health.

Spirit Beacon
Desc: Summons a beacon or teleports the party to the last summoned beacon.

Grand Master Rank
Classes: Druid, Freemage

Hour of Power
Desc: The Might, Magic, Perception and Destiny values of all party members are increased by 3. Lasts 12 turns.

:black101: Warfare :black101:

Novice Rank
Classes: Ranger, Hunter, Crusader, Blade Dancer, Scout, Barbarian, Mercenary, Defender

Challenge
Desc: You perform a melee attack on target enemy. That enemy must attack you next turn.

Shatter
Desc: You perform a melee attack on target enemy. It's armour value is reduced by 11.

Expert Rank
Classes: Ranger, Hunter, Crusader, Blade Dancer, Scout, Barbarian, Mercenary, Defender

Skull Crack
Desc: You perform a melee attack on target enemy. The target enemy can not cast spells until the end of his next turn.

Unstoppable Assault
Desc: You perform a melee attack on target enemy. The first strike will not miss and can't be blocked.

Master Rank
Classes: Crusader, Blade Dancer, Scout, Barbarian, Mercenary, Defender

Intercept
Desc: Select a party member. You intercept all attacks aimed at that member during the enemy's next turn.

Furious Blow
Cost: All mana
Desc: You perform a melee attack on target enemy. The first strike will deal 0.5 additional damage per mana consumed.

Grand Master Rank
Classes: Mercenary, Defender

Taunt
Desc: All enemies will direct their attacks at this party member during their next turn.

Flawless Assault
Desc: You perform a melee attack on target enemy. The first strike will not miss, can't be blocked and will be a critical. The target can not block until end of turn.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3543866&pagenumber=12#post424838970

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Do you guys think it's necessary to draw your own maps? Or is the automap fairly functional?

Drawing your own maps is a privilege, not something to be referred to as "if necessary." What are you, a commie?

Edit: I just now noticed your avatar. :lol:

Morphi

Augur
I'm stuck :(
Can you help me?
(in Act1)
After I freed the governor in his castle (act1) I get 2 quests (looking for hints/deal with pissed off elven king) I don't know what to do. the bridge is still blocked and the griffin fly option is greyed out. Did I miss something or a bug?

thekdawg21

Augur
Project: Eternity
Very much agree. I'm basically asking if the game is complex enough to
Do you guys think it's necessary to draw your own maps? Or is the automap fairly functional?

Drawing your own maps is a privilege, not something to be referred to as "if necessary." What are you, a commie?

Edit: I just now noticed your avatar. :lol:

Hah. I love drawing my own maps, I have World of Xeen as my greatest map making accomplishment, but I'm not sure this game is complex enough to warrant map making. I am hoping it is.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
cdaction forum said:
A game, that recycles models from other M&M games is not worth a dime to me. I even noticed some models from H5 and Dark Messiah on the video... not to mention of course about the horrifying number of models from H6. No, just no.

:troll:

uaciaut

Augur
Man i can't believe they moved souldrinker to Light GM under a different spell. Spells look a lot more interesting and the realms seem better designed than MM7/8.

Are hybrids any good? I remember them sucking really badly in both 7 and 8 (well besides monk in 7 but it's hard to say he's a true hybrid).

Morphi

Augur
cdaction forum said:
A game, that recycles models from other M&M games is not worth a dime to me. I even noticed some models from H5 and Dark Messiah on the video... not to mention of course about the horrifying number of models from H6. No, just no.

I didn't know that HoMM5+6 where good for something, till MMX came along :D

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
HoMM V is the best HoMM game, hands down. It is almost an exact copy of III, but with massive gameplay improvements and worse graphics and music.

cdaction forum said:

Jesus.

Arkeus

Arcane
Someone just dropped the trainers on steam (incomplete). I'll spoil it.

Magical Focus GM -- Berenice (Elemental Forge Level 2, Secret Door)
Arcane Discipline Expert -- Sorpigal, Library OR Seahaven, Dojo
Arcane Discipline Master -- The Crag, House of Mojo
Axe Expert -- Sorpigal, Training Center
Axe Master -- The Crag, Training Center
Axe Grandmaster -- Agyn Peninsula, Navea Delta (farm house between Seahaven and Yon'chall Forest/Wyslin Jungle/Marsh)
Air Magic Expert -- Sorpigal, Training Center
Air Magic Master -- The Crag, Training Center
Dagger Expert - Sorpigal, Inn OR The Crag, Training Center
Dagger Master -- The Crag, Blacksmith (Largo)
Dual Wield Expert -- Seahaven, Dojo
Dual Wield Master -- The Lighthouse, Hamato (after defeating Mamushi)
Shield Expert -- Seahaven, Town Garrison OR The Crag, Training Center
Shield Master -- Portmeyron Castle, Gwendal
2H Expert -- Seahaven, Dojo OR The Crag, Training Center
Bow Expert -- Sorpigal, Training Center OR The Crag, Training Center
Crossbow Expert -- Sorpigal, Training Center
Mace Expert -- Sorpigal, Training Center OR The Crag, Training Center
Mace Master -- Seahaven, Naga Bank
Mace Grandmaster -- The Crag, Tao's House
Spear Expert -- Seahaven, Town Garrison OR The Crag, Training Center
Spear Master -- Seahaven, Eldgrim's House
Sword Expert -- Sorpigal, Training Center OR Seahaven, Dojo
Sword Master -- Portmeyron Castle, Jon Morgan
Two-Handed Weapons Expert -- Seahaven, Naga Bank
Magical Focus Expert -- Sorpigal, Magic Shop OR The Crag, Training Center
Magical Focus Master -- Seahaven, Arcane Library
Mysticism Expert -- Seahaven, Dojo
Endurance Expert -- The Crag, Training Center OR Seahaven, Bear's Residence
Endurance Master -- Sorpigal, Town Garrison (Maximus)
Dodge Expert -- Seahaven, Bear's Residence
Dodge Master -- The Crag, Armorsmith (Every)
Warfare Expert -- Sorpigal, Blacksmith
Heavy Armor Expert -- Sorpigal, Armorsmith
Heavy Armor Grandmaster -- Lost City, Level 4 (Sorli)
Medium Armor Expert -- Seahaven, Dojo OR Seahaven, Town Garrison
Medium Armor Master -- Seahaven, Armorsmith
Water Magic Expert -- Seahaven, Dojo
Water Magic Master -- The Crag, Fort
Water Magic Grandmaster -- The Crag, Kei (Coral Priestess standing on the docks)
Air Magic Expert -- Sorpigal, Training Center OR Seahaven, Dojo
Prime Magic Expert -- Agyn Peninsula, Tirya Bay (Wagon between Sorpigal and Portmeyron) OR Seahaven, Dojo
Fire Magic Expert -- Agyn Peninsula, Tirya Bay (Wagon between Sorpigal and Portmeyron)
Light Magic Expert -- Sorpigal, Church
Light Magic Master -- Seahaven, Church
Dark Magic Expert -- Seahaven, Inn
Dark Magic Grandmaster -- Agyn Peninsula, Halloth Grove (Luna)
Earth Magic Expert -- Agyn Peninsula, Tirya Bay (Wagon between Sorpigal and Portmeyron)
Earth Magic Master -- The Crag, Healing Lodge
Earth Magic Grandmaster -- Agyn Peninsula, Yon'chall Forest (Caranthir)

imweasel

Can you help me?
(in Act1)
After I freed the governor in his castle (act1) I get 2 quests (looking for hints/deal with pissed off elven king) I don't know what to do. the bridge is still blocked and the griffin fly option is greyed out. Did I miss something or a bug?
The quest is called "Elemental Disturbance", you're supposed to find Lev on the rooftop of the castle (and fly with a griffin to the elemental forge). If you have that quest and can't fly with the griffin, then it is probably a bug.

Morphi

Augur

Morphi

Augur
Can you help me?
(in Act1)
Which version do you have?
Was EA, deinstalled, installed it from the DVD, Uplay patched it (8 gb)....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom