Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Foci are melee, but do not trigger retaliation. They are pretty much always the right choice for pure spellcasters, because they grant spell critical damage.

But if you pump up your focii skill, but don't equip the focii itself you get no benefit from the skill? If this is true then the rune priest is very hard to make a battlemage, or at the most he will have melee weapons as a backup only if you don't want him to suffer in the magick department. Even then melee will hardly be raised as most skill pts will go into magic skills like fire and focus, and maybe earth I think I will just give mine a point each in medium armor, shield and mace. Then focus on fire and focii.

Urgh I can't stand those ultra-blurry graphics, I can barely move and recognize my surroundings.

Graphics should not be blurry. Go to the main menu and crank up all detail levels to high-ultra apart from shadows (which you can leave till medium) I removed Anti Aliasing and there is no visible difference. Don't do this from within the game, do it from the main menu as otherwise it may not have any effect (bug) Or alternatively find file option64.txt, uncheck "Read only" from this file, edit, find option TextureQuality, set to 4 save file, start game...

The game is optimized very badly, they need to solely focus on that above all else. It should not be such a resource hog. My GPU should not reach boiling point just because it use anti aliasing. This is the main thing they should patch asap.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Managed to get a pretty powerful spear right from the spider lair. 2 Attacks in one turn. Dont know how rare that will be further on but its owning right now.

oj3xnp.jpg

I like the improvements so far from Early Access.
No having to grind through a ton of trash mobs in front of the lighthouse was rather relieving.
Nice spear man. My blade dancer is still using the two starter swords! Not a single sword has dropped and I refuse to buy from jew merchants.

Yeah there are far less trash mobs. I really like the amount of mobs and pacing, pretty nicely balanced.

Are you using a focii with your Runepriest or a hand weapon?
Using staff (which is a type of focii) granting +20% crit chance. Since my runepriest crits for over 200, there's no way I'm gonna use a mace or something else. My druid is also using focii, but I don't care too much about his gear since he's mostly support.

I've finally reached the point in the game where I gave up with my last party (which is just a bit into act 2). Too bad it's over 6AM and I'm tired. There's a lot of "big" enemies now that are really fun to fight. It's important to keep up the buffs and taunts and stuff.
And in case I do fuck up, I got the Healer hireling. What a blessing she can be.

Zeriel

Arcane
Zed, the blacksmith in Seahaven has a quest that results in a sword relic as a reward.

(Since I use daggers, I had to vendor it. Wondrous.)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Zed, the blacksmith in Seahaven has a quest that results in a sword relic as a reward.

(Since I use daggers, I had to vendor it. Wondrous.)
I've picked it up but I didn't know about the reward. So now you've spoiled the fun :( (meh, not really)

I kinda like the randomness of loot tho - I've been unlucky with swords but I got a nice mace for my barbarian and some nice armor parts for all my characters.

rickralsten

Educated
Just curious, since my barbarian is ready to advance the skill, is there not a 2-handed weapon trainer in Sorpigal? I thought I checked everywhere but it's entirely possible that I missed it.

Zeriel

Arcane
Just curious, since my barbarian is ready to advance the skill, is there not a 2-handed weapon trainer in Sorpigal? I thought I checked everywhere but it's entirely possible that I missed it.

It's in Seahaven or The Crag.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
What stats have you guys been focusing on on blade dancers and barbarians? Is destiny (crit chance) and vitality viable or would you benefit more from might? Destiny gains seem really small on paper.
Pumping mostly Might and some Vitality here and there on the barbarian.

Yeah, destiny doesn't really seem worth it. Each point is only 0.25% crit chance and some evasion which I don't even know how it works. Seems much better to invest on the attributes that give net damage increase.

What the fuck do cRPG devs have against proper documentation anyway?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Are there any settings you can use so that stuff is clearly visible? This is almost giving me a headache.
No, you can only make it blurrier by turning AA on. :M

You can try raising the details on the .ini to see if it makes any difference. Also holy shit I can't believe the game ran worse than this during early access.

Alchemist

Arcane
Are there any settings you can use so that stuff is clearly visible? This is almost giving me a headache.
The game looks quite crisp and clear on my machine. What resolution are you running at? Maybe post a screenshot so we can see what you mean.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Its a bug i had the same thing with low rez textures.

Change the texture setting from the options menu on the start screen instead of ingame. It will fix your issues.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
You guys are lucky, I cleared the light house and thieves den, so far got zillions of boots, gloves, 2 mace, some xbows and a staff... no axes for my glorious dwarves :/ or proper armors...

Loving the game so far, light years better than early access.

imweasel

This game is fucking good. I don't even need to drink a few beers in order to motivate myself to play it. :D

Just give us another hotkey-bar already, the game really needs it.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
No, you can only make it blurrier by turning AA on. :M

Most important thing regarding blurriness: check if you set the Anisotropic Filtering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering) to something higher than "0".
For some reason it was decided to set the default setting for Anisotropic Filtering to 0 and in addition name the corresponding entry in the Graphics Options just "Filtering".

2bgzy4l6.jpg

As you can see by this Wikipedia example it makes a huge difference, left without and right with Anisotropic Filtering:

Anisotropic_compare.png

/e: in other news: 1k posts! :D Achievement unlocked.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah well AF helps with far away textures, but up close it doesn't really help.

By the way, setting a 16:10 resolution on the ini does work, it just fucks up the conversation interface a bit.

Just give us another hotkey-bar already, the game really needs it.
Yeah, I have no idea why they didn't let the player switch between multiple bars, or at least have a better cast interface.

Last edited:

gunman

Arcane
Developer
It's annoying as hell you can't retreat from combat, it encourages save scumming :mad:

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Does the reveal secret spell in the darkness school actually reveal anything? I keep it on but it didn't show me any secrets yet :P Is it worth it to go back to the spider cave in Sorpigal with this spell on?

How is loot randomized? Does it reset when you load a map? Because save scumming before a chest doesn't change the loot.

Got my first relic btw.

From a dungeon near the castle north of Sorpigal

Stabwound

Arcane
I hope this isn't the case of "awesome goggles" I had with the likes of Skyrim, but this game is fucking awesome so far. Granted I haven't played much. Some of the streamlining shit and railroaded towns (at least first town).

The game needs some patches and work (and I think it could have stood another month in Early Access) and some things that should be transparent arent (like, WTF do the skills/spells/trees do and why does the manual not tell you).

My question is, if anyone can answer, is does the game get difficult at all or does it maintain the Xeen system where you get stronger and stronger and combat really never gets very difficult ever, especially because you find wells that give +50 levels and shit.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Does the reveal secret spell in the darkness school actually reveal anything? I keep it on but it didn't show me any secrets yet :P Is it worth it to go back to the spider cave in Sorpigal with this spell on?
Your characters say something when they notice a secret passage around when you have that spell on.

Got my first relic btw.
From a dungeon near the castle north of Sorpigal
A pair of boots?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
My question is, if anyone can answer, is does the game get difficult at all or does it maintain the Xeen system where you get stronger and stronger and combat really never gets very difficult ever, especially because you find wells that give +50 levels and shit.
I dunno, difficulty feels about the same but without the stacking of random shrine buffs. And it seems p. tame about permanent stat increases so far. Guess there's always warrior mode but eeeeh, combat doesn't really allow for much tactics and I can only see hard mode being frustrating with mages getting constantly one shot because you can't protect them unless you land a taunt.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Yeah well AF helps with far away textures, but up close it doesn't really help.

Here's what the game looks for me on High/Very High settings (except shadows, click on them for bigger versions):

Looking at those screen they do indeed seem a little blurry - are you referring to this level of quality, or does the game look more blurry for you?

Here are the options I'm using:

ahzq3nqx.jpg

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah that looks a LOT better. I barely noticed any difference between medium and high textures but I'm pumping it all the way up now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom