Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
anybody found the water shard?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
And another reason why I re-rolled. Human female heroic voice... FFS she does this thing where she whispers something barely audible for 10 seconds. I couldn't stand it!
(could have been the dwarf female voice)

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
And another reason why I re-rolled. Human female heroic voice... FFS she does this thing where she whispers something barely audible for 10 seconds. I couldn't stand it!
imo, the female voices are all annoying (which sucky because i made an all female party). only reason to have them on is for the secret audio cues.

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, magic crits are brutal. It's almost enough to make me want to sink points into destiny.

imo, the female voices are all annoying (which sucky because i made an all female party). only reason to have them on is for the secret audio cues.

Yeah, my dream change would be to remove all party barks except for secret audio cues, and replace the secret audio cues with Ira Glass from Realms of Arkania saying "Harken harken harken, there be a secret nearby."

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Crusaders get GM in Plate Mail armor and GM in Sword and Mastery in Sheild and 2H (really wish this was GM though). You need to spend money to pimp out your Crusader, but once fully decked out he should be a tanking and damaging beast. Don't underestimate GM in Light magic too. After becoming Palading you get access to that uber all heal spell as well as the all party buff.

Barbarians start out strong true, but I think by midgame Crusaders/Paladins will have them beat. But the Barbarian advanced class also gets a really sweet ability, and Orcs have 20% damage against demons (and you can bet we will run into them as the MM6 influence is strong in this game)

I'm thinking:

Crusader
Bladedancer
Freemage
Runepriest

Considering swapping out Dancer for Barbarian though...but I dunno. I like to have backstory for my PCs, and a hawt elvish bladedancer could be a romance option for my human freemage and crusader.
I also play by some RP in mind, but my RP is pretty much "extraordinary mix of adventurers somehow ending up together" kinda like LOTR or something.

So anyway, I re-rolled. I'm doing the Druid, Barb, Bladedancer, Runepriest. It's very good - much better than my previous group.

I'm doing some things different this time as well. I go Magic Focus as weapons for both the druid and priest (didn't know the +crit applied to spells - this makes it a no-brainer IMO). I'm also pretty much just pumping spirit to start with. I've only put into spirit up 'til now (level 5 - second level of bandit lair). I'll soon transition into vitality and magic power (whatever it's called), but that early spirit really allowed me to save up on mana pots (and cash). You get more + damage from Skill bonuses than attributes anyway.

I'm also saving skill points until I've trained ranks so I don't just spend it on unnecessary shit.

Are you using a focii with your Runepriest or a hand weapon?

sser

Arcane
Developer
My Shaman is using a spear at the moment. I'm hoping for some magic boosting items that are not just foci, otherwise I'll switch him over into a little bit of the magic orbs/staffs. I don't even know if those are ranged or melee because I've never used them. And yeah, critical spells are huge. My Scout hit a critical fireball and just about wasted one of those transparent spiders. Also, they seemed to have moved around a lot of the trainers - some of them out of the first town completely. That caught me off guard as now I'm sitting with a few Expert-level characters who are going untrained.

Zeriel

Arcane
Foci are melee, but do not trigger retaliation. They are pretty much always the right choice for pure spellcasters, because they grant spell critical damage.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Foci are melee, but do not trigger retaliation. They are pretty much always the right choice for pure spellcasters, because they grant spell critical damage.

Yeah but the point of a warrior mage is to have a regular weapon in melee, not a gay ass orb. Can my runepriest benefit from the Arcane Focus skill without equipping the orb? If not then I suppose I will open up tough battles by unloading fire spells then take a turn to switch weapons. :P

Blah, this is annoying. Not to mention the Crusader and the Runepriest are seriously gimped in the startup, especially the RP. I need to train medium armor, endurance, maces (for warhammers) and shield to get him to where i want him to be. Where he should have been from the getgo.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Anyone else getting destroyed on Adventurer mode? :negative:

Nothing a little training and leveling can't fix, but definitely more challenging than I'm used to from my M&M. I am kinda regretting getting a Crusader and also not putting any points into the foci yet. Fuck, I started over so many times on EA and I don't want to do it again.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
SO FUCKING STOKED FOR THIS GAME.

My wife thinks we are spending some quality time together when I get home tonight, haha! Jokes on her!

She wandered into the computer room, asking me what I was doing.

chicken_dance.gif

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I have been playing all morning. Here are my current experiences with my level 12 party.

Bladedancer - Almost never gets hit, but when he does he takes a lot of damage. Awesome damage output as well. This guy rarely needs to use potions, and I do mean rarely. I think he's consumed 3 potions in the whole 10-12 hours of the game.

Crusader - Amazing, despite being bad when you start out. Deck him out in armour and get expert light magic and heavy armour, boost his magic and might, and a bit of spirit and you have someone who can heal when necessary (party member is unconcsious), deal out damage (not as much as a blademaster, but still helpful), and more importantly my favourite spell in the game, beside Cure Poison; Celestial Armour. Whenever you are surrounded CA is by far one of the most helpful spells. If you increase the Magic attribute you gain turns and damage absorption.

Druid - Regeneration is awesome, as is cure poison. A glorified spell caster. More of a utility character. Damage, healing, identification, that sort of stuff.

Freemage - Damage! Air magic is amazing. The novice spell Spark is very useful, moreso when it crits. Plus the expert spell Lightning Bolt will stun enemies sometimes. Oh and crits! I beat the earth elemental boss in 3 turns.

Zeriel

Arcane
Anyone else getting destroyed on Adventurer mode? :negative:

Nothing a little training and leveling can't fix, but definitely more challenging than I'm used to from my M&M. I am kinda regretting getting a Crusader and also not putting any points into the foci yet. Fuck, I started over so many times on EA and I don't want to do it again.

Some monsters are clearly meant to be "come back later", which was my experience from M&M 6-8 constantly (go to area you noticed, get one shot by some weird new monster, back track, etc). Other than monsters like that, haven't had any issues.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I will say that the magic schools could use some better explanation upon character generation. Also, ranged characters have a distinct advantage in the beginning (though it evens out).

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Kruno Thanks bro, that's very helpful. So increasing Spirit for Crusaders is viable. I wasn't sure if it affected only offensive spells. I put 2 points into destiny for my Crusader for higher crit chance in melee and didn't pump Spirit. Dang, I will need to split up my stat allocation for him more when leveling up.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Has anyone else encountered a problem with the Steam version install? After clicking the install button and accepting the EULA, adding the desktop shortcut, the install window gets stuck with this message:

Creating local game cache files...
Preparing Might & Magic X - Legacy files for install...[the ellipsis keeps looping between one and three dots]
There is an empty progress bar underneath.

Edit 1: I should add that I have the same amount of free space on my hard drive.

Edit 2: I had to go to Steam/Settings/Downloads and uncheck "Limit auto-updating schedule"... which I checked a few weeks ago because I didn't want Steam to auto-update Crusader Kings II with patches that mess up my save games.

:x

Last edited:

bonescraper

Although 16:10 resolutions aren't officially supported, you can easily change the resolution in your options.txt and options64.txt files located in "my documents>MightAndMagicXLegacy" fodler. I really don't know why they didn't add 16:10 resolutions in the options menu...

It doesn't work if you do that, I think. It resets the resolution to 1280x1024.

Worked for me, using a 64 System and editing the options64.txt. In the in-game options the new resolution isn't shown, but the graphics are definitely enhanced. Also was testing if it worked by using alt+enter and it resized the window to 16:10 (1680 x 1050 for me) so I'm pretty sure at least in this specific constellation (64bit, 1680 x 1050) it does work.

Can someone else confirm as well? I have a 16:10 monitor and would rather wait for a patch than play it all fuzzy looking in a non-native res.
Yes, it fucking works. Whaddaya think i'm lying? If you're on a 64 bit system, edit options64.txt. Better, edit both to be sure. I can always check the current resolution in my monitor and it shows 1680x1050. Apparently, Infinitron cannot into computer.

Screenshot if you still have doubts:
25582005EF5B6F55EE0E26047BF3C47A8AE1BCEC

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Metacritic console babby said:
If you have no life and don't like gameplay that is fast and measured by seconds this is the game for you. it will take hours to do the simplest and most boring tasks like walking across the world to get from one group to another.

:incline:

PC Gamer & Eurogamer said:
[paraphrasing] It's too old-school! It's nothing like Skyrim or Mass Effect!

Steam page said:

Disgruntled

Savant
Managed to get a pretty powerful spear right from the spider lair. 2 Attacks in one turn. Dont know how rare that will be further on but its owning right now.

oj3xnp.jpg

I like the improvements so far from Early Access.
No having to grind through a ton of trash mobs in front of the lighthouse was rather relieving.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
This game fucking ruuuuuules. Full on fanboy mode here. I was fully expecting it to disappoint after I had hyped it up so much for myself but there's so many little details about this game, it really feels like good ol M&M. I'd already played most of the beginning from Early Access but I'm surprised at how much they've changed. Almost feels like a different experience entirely.

I like how Earth Magic is devastatingly OP compared to other magic schools (in the early game at least). Some serious justice considering how useless it was in 6-8. Crusaders become really cool once you get Expert Light Magic. Shaman is probably my favorite class out of my party.

Only negatives at this point are a few weird bugs, and it still lags like hell in the larger outdoor areas.

Syvere

Educated
What stats have you guys been focusing on on blade dancers and barbarians? Is destiny (crit chance) and vitality viable or would you benefit more from might? Destiny gains seem really small on paper.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Yeah I still get bad performance in the outdoor, wooded areas. But it's actually much better than it was in Early Access so they must've done something to tweak it right. Most noticeable graphical improvement is that enemies are now stationary when hit and not bouncing fifty yards off screen as they "animate" their staggering. That was ridiculous.

Also, just realized my Bladedancer was not using daggers but instead swords. Failed to take advantage of his skill set for so long... Bought him two +3 elemental daggers and now he's taking chunks off enemies all of a sudden. Goddammit. I've been pumping almost all Strength into him. That's also what I did for my 'Hunter' in Early Access and it translates to bigger and bigger attacks. I suppose you can pump crit chance, too, but I just like to add up more damage at a consistent rate instead of a handful of bigger chunks. A lot of the attack value and crit stuff comes from weapon skills, anyhow.

Crusader is definitely a slow roll, but I find those Light spells to be increasingly invaluable, particularly the Celestial Armor.

My best artifact find so far was some legendary sandals that gain experience. They dropped like +14 Evade or something at Lvl2. Not bad. (And still leveling.)

I really like that the economy is much more stingy. Between buying spells, training, and identifying items, gold (so far) has been very tight.

Zeriel

Arcane
Daggers get +20% crit chance from Master tier anyway, so Destiny seems like a meh stat until... well, maybe once Might is 70+ and you have a few levels to spare, 1% crit per level wouldn't be a bad investment. It is true that the higher your damage % from Might, the more benefit you'll get from individual crit %.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Finally installed it. Have only played it for 30 mins or so, but I enjoyed so far.

Edit: My only complaint is the sorry excuse of a pdf manual, which for some reason is the EA version. It even says:

Please note that this manual isn’t final. Some features presented may only be available in the full game in 2014.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom