Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Zeriel

Arcane
Heh, just got murdered by a moonsilk spider ambush. Be careful on bridges :)

That place butchered two of my guys (they actually legit died, not just unconscious), the spiders were definitely megabuffed over the preview. Their AOE is pretty brutal in particular, 20-40 damage to entire party per spider, plus drains all mana. But no reloads! Just resurrected them in town, because dying is part of adventuring.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wanna buy this but I'm broke. :( Is the step engine an annoyance outside of combat?

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
General Steam population seems to truly appreciate this gem:

WOW!!!!
I bought the game when it was pre release and it suck but i waited to see if the game gets better....BUT no... Cannot even kill the first Boss cause you cannot lvl up before the boss,Mage have same problem can cast 2 spell and they have to use a potion...and its Sad cause i cannot have a refund on this game i was so happy and was expecting a lot from this game but here again its a proof that game creator dont care about player and they just want to make money so no dont buy this game and if you do to expect to much from it if a game creator see that well let me tell you im never gonna buy one of your game again....

They also know what's best in life:

Dont waste your time&money guys. Reuse the illust already used in MMDOC and there's nothing to customize
2 voices and 4 faces? Seriously????

/e: Mastermind moving outside of combat is surprisingly fluid, was positively surprised at that.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just hope this sells good enough and that outcry of morons wont prevent making of a sequel.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I wanna buy this but I'm broke. :( Is the step engine an annoyance outside of combat?
movement is faster than in ea version and faster than most blobbers, esp the ones that animate movement.

also halp, pls!
i cannot for the love of me find the old name for the peninsula (answered all the other questions).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I also need halp, pls (act 2):
I've explored the entirety of cho-whatever forest and can't find an entrance to the lair... unless it's the one with the impossible manticore boss at the start?

edit: nvm

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Get the DRM-free version then. It's not like ubisoft is going to miss your money.

And the moviment is fine, I'm an advocate for step-based movement, but I thought the transition animations would get on my nerve but thankfully it seems they were sped up so it's fine.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Crusader fucking sucks ass.

How come? :/

You're ruining my party here Zed!

Get the DRM-free version then. It's not like ubisoft is going to miss your money.

Yeah, fuck you up the ass, Excidium. This is Ubisoft testing the water. Limbic's success or failure here will determine how they act in terms of this whole Oldschool wave.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, fuck you up the ass, Excidium. This is Ubisoft testing the water. Limbic's success or failure here will determine how they act in terms of this whole Oldschool wave.

Yep, this is the main reason why I won't pirate it. I already use steam anyway so the DRM is a non-issue (unless I have to log into ubishit's system like with heroes 6).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
How come? :/

You're ruining my party here Zed!
Because they lack specialization.
Can't tank properly (lacks health), can't heal properly (lacks mana), can't damage properly (lacks stance specs).

I really want a party with a Druid and Barbarian. Might re-roll because I keep running into roadblocks and I think I just ran into something I simply can't beat with this setup. Regen healing is sooooo good. I also want Primordial expert because identifying shit costs all my money every time and I can't even afford trainers at times.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well you sure an idealistic bunch. In charts of tens of thousands it's not like 1, or 10 a 100 sales make any difference. It's better if you buy for a variety of reasons like getting updates and DLC when they're out, mod support, etc. but if money is tight it's not like CRPGs will stop being released because you didn't remove it from inventory.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I'm wondering if you could take a char like Mercenary and make him dual-wield a variation of the weapons, thus gaining bonuses from whichever ones you max out. Like you get multiple dagger strikes + chance to stun with mace or whatever. That could be a potent skill sink...

In Early Access, I thought the Shaman was the best overall character because they got two-hand spears at Master which grants great bonuses for both, as well as an awesome array of spells. So basically they dealt a lot of damage in melee while also being able to heal the party and perform various utility functions.

Right now, my party is Shaman, Crusader, Scout, and Bladedancer. I'm thinking of re-rolling, though, dropping the dancer for a Hunter and maybe the Crusader for something else. At the very least, I'd like a party that can use most sets of armor/weapons to have some variation.

Ranged weapons still seem to suck ass because you so rarely get to use them at "full strength" so... I dunno. I also wish there was more information concerning what skills would eventually level up to in the character creation. I can only see it once I'm in-game which is a shame.

Syvere

Educated
Retail seems to run MUCH better than the EA version. All is well, except I'm having a hard time deciding my fourth team member. I'm decided on Bladedancer, Freemage and Runepriest, but should I go with a second Bladedancer, Crusader or Ranger for the fourth slot? Any opinions?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'd avoid classes that have GM wasted on ranged weapons like the plague and people are saying Crusader is shit so...

Zeriel

Arcane
Well you sure an idealistic bunch. In charts of tens of thousands it's not like 1, or 10 a 100 sales make any difference. It's better if you buy for a variety of reasons like getting updates and DLC when they're out, mod support, etc. but if money is tight it's not like CRPGs will stop being released because you didn't remove it from inventory.

It's okay if you don't give a shit, but you do give up your license to bitch about decline imo if you don't support titles that are legitimately good and (more importantly) will probably tank without niche gamers like us supporting them financially. Removing DRM is fine if you just hate Uplay, but not buying the product in the first place while enjoying it is fairly shitty behavior.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

It's okay if you don't give a shit, but you do give up your license to bitch about decline imo if you don't support titles that are legitimately good and (more importantly) will probably tank without niche gamers like us supporting them financially. Removing DRM is fine if you just hate Uplay, but not buying the product in the first place while enjoying it is fairly shitty behavior.
Your financial support or mine doesn't really matter for a major publisher like Ubisoft. Anyway back to actual game discussion.

DaveO

Erudite
Does the game have the sci-fi elements that were part of the series(until 8 and 9)? PM me with your answer.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Shaman Crusader Scout Bladedancer is almost what I'm running with, except I have Runepriest instead of Shaman.
I think it's a good late-game setup with the high amount of attacks from Bladedancer, and Crusader seem to get some cool "ultimate spells" as Paladin.
But for me, it just lacks too many convenient stuff.

I'm rerolling now:
Druid
Runepriest
Barbarian
Blade dancer (will focus swords first this time and maybe go daggers later)

I'll also make sure to pick up ranged (even if just 1 skill) so I don't get as fucked by Retaliating enemies.

Syvere

Educated
Your financial support or mine doesn't really matter for a major publisher like Ubisoft. Anyway back to actual game discussion.

That's a really juvenile way of thinking. When enough people think that way it starts to matter. Why do you think piracy is a problem in the first place? But you're right back to the right topic.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
:bro: to the devs for using the Codex quote. They also used popamole loving RPGWatch's quote. :x

So what is everyone's starting party?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom