Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
So what is everyone's starting party?
Dwarf Defender
Orc Barbarian
Orc Shaman
Human Freemage

Fuck elves, too much faggotry on this setting.

By the way does this game have anything like a front row/back row? In M&M 3-5 which this is mostly based on, enemies favoured attacking leftmost characters iirc but I don't get the impression this has anything like it, it's p. lame.

Alchemist

Arcane
By the way does this game have anything like a front row/back row? In M&M 3-5 which this is mostly based on, enemies favoured attacking leftmost characters iirc but I don't get the impression this has anything like it, it's p. lame.
I was wondering that too - they let you rearrange the party order but I have no idea what that accomplishes aside from the order of actions in combat.

Zeriel

Arcane
Blade Dancer
Blade Dancer
Freemage
Runepriest

There's no backrow, that's what the active Warfare abilities are for. Also there's no set order of actions in combat--in any turn you can click on any party member who hasn't acted yet, it just automatically goes in a sequence from left to right if you don't do anything manually.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
How come? :/

You're ruining my party here Zed!
Because they lack specialization.
Can't tank properly (lacks health), can't heal properly (lacks mana), can't damage properly (lacks stance specs).

I really want a party with a Druid and Barbarian. Might re-roll because I keep running into roadblocks and I think I just ran into something I simply can't beat with this setup. Regen healing is sooooo good. I also want Primordial expert because identifying shit costs all my money every time and I can't even afford trainers at times.

Crusaders get GM in Plate Mail armor and GM in Sword and Mastery in Sheild and 2H (really wish this was GM though). You need to spend money to pimp out your Crusader, but once fully decked out he should be a tanking and damaging beast. Don't underestimate GM in Light magic too. After becoming Palading you get access to that uber all heal spell as well as the all party buff.

Barbarians start out strong true, but I think by midgame Crusaders/Paladins will have them beat. But the Barbarian advanced class also gets a really sweet ability, and Orcs have 20% damage against demons (and you can bet we will run into them as the MM6 influence is strong in this game)

I'm thinking:

Crusader
Bladedancer
Freemage
Runepriest

Considering swapping out Dancer for Barbarian though...but I dunno. I like to have backstory for my PCs, and a hawt elvish bladedancer could be a romance option for my human freemage and crusader.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
For someone WHO never really played a First Person blobber before, is this game good to get introduced into them?

Mortmal

Arcane
So what is everyone's starting party?
Dwarf Defender
Orc Barbarian
Orc Shaman
Human Freemage

Fuck elves, too much faggotry on this setting.

No row alas , the combat mechanics seems rather light, especially after playing blackguard . On my crusader and barbarian theres a taunt ability but that doesnt seems to make much difference .

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Launch trailer:

What exactly is the peninsula laying in ruins? Bricks? Traps? Adventurers' corpses? Which ruins is it laying them in? And why? And how? Damn, this trailer is really getting me curious about the game.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Surf Solar Yes, this is actually the perfect game to get introduced to them because you have full party gen and turn based combat and good graphics.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Although 16:10 resolutions aren't officially supported, you can easily change the resolution in your options.txt and options64.txt files located in "my documents>MightAndMagicXLegacy" fodler. I really don't know why they didn't add 16:10 resolutions in the options menu...

It doesn't work if you do that, I think. It resets the resolution to 1280x1024.

Worked for me, using a 64 System and editing the options64.txt. In the in-game options the new resolution isn't shown, but the graphics are definitely enhanced. Also was testing if it worked by using alt+enter and it resized the window to 16:10 (1680 x 1050 for me) so I'm pretty sure at least in this specific constellation (64bit, 1680 x 1050) it does work.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Although 16:10 resolutions aren't officially supported, you can easily change the resolution in your options.txt and options64.txt files located in "my documents>MightAndMagicXLegacy" fodler. I really don't know why they didn't add 16:10 resolutions in the options menu...

It doesn't work if you do that, I think. It resets the resolution to 1280x1024.

Worked for me, using a 64 System and editing the options64.txt. In the in-game options the new resolution isn't shown, but the graphics are definitely enhanced. Also was testing if it worked by using alt+enter and it resized the window to 16:10 (1680 x 1050 for me) so I'm pretty sure at least in this specific constellation (64bit, 1680 x 1050) it does work.

Can someone else confirm as well? I have a 16:10 monitor and would rather wait for a patch than play it all fuzzy looking in a non-native res.

Repressed Homosexual
Why doesn't this surprise me that SS never played one of these games?

The thing I like least is how blurry and pastel everything looks like. It's a huge chore trying to move around Sorpigal because I don't know where the hell I am going.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
For someone WHO never really played a First Person blobber before, is this game good to get introduced into them?

I'd say it's pretty much perfect. M&M is pretty newb-friendly, and this game has a few comforts some older games haven't.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
Guys, what Anti Aliasing setting is the best for an NVidia card? And why the fuck did they include so many AA settings? And no way to auto detect/config them?

Should I go with FXAA3? What about the ones at the bottom?

Do I need Vsync on?

What about anisotropic filtering?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
FXAA is the default AA. No clue about the others.

V-sync seems pointless since there's an option to cap the framerate anyway.

It makes farther away textures look better...8x or 16x is good enough in this game I think, doesn't have much impact on performance.

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
FXAA is the default AA. No clue about the others.

V-sync seems pointless since there's an option to cap the framerate anyway.

It makes farther away textures look better...8x or 16x is good enough in this game I think, doesn't have much impact on performance.

FXAA3 is supposed to be the best on Nvidia, but I am worried about heat damage to my GPU (GTX660) I can run Skyrim at max settings and Arkham City as well, but those games are better optimized than Unity.

What about MSAA and DLAA? Are they software renders?

CIRSPEEEEEEEE

Crispy

LeJosh

Savant
FXAA makes things a little blurry I'd say: just how the tech works, SSAA is super sampling/full screen - FPS is acceptable using FSAA on my 1GB 4850. No idea what DLAA is, new to me.

Currently running as:-

Blademaster
Runepriest
Crusader
Defender

Really strong so far, magic armor spell from Crusader then taunt hit by Defender is great especially now that I've found armor that counters on enemy hits.

Healing from Earth Magic is very good at the beginning.

See how they get on further down the line.

Also when a cave says Dangerous, trust that shit... walked in one - oh hello Cyclops - instant 100+ pts of damage, the sign did say leave it alone.

Found another, had a Shadow Dragon... nope, reloaded seeing that at level 4. :)

No kills fighting the spiders at the bridge with these guys.

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
UPlay is on there. Not really problem - only reason I dislike it is because it's pretty unnecessary. I also can't shift-tab to Steam's kickass browser unless someone else figured that out...? I used that browser a lot when playing Steam games and minimizing something like M&M would probably crash the shit out of my computer.

I'm worried that having too many hybrid-esque builds/characters is going to gimp my team later on... The game is absolutely a lot harder than it was in Early Access. Then I was breezing through everything, now there's a lot more challenge, everything is more expensive, too, so resource allocation is definitely different. The game also runs better, thankfully, as it was pretty awful earlier. Lots of different changes to the first act, too, which makes it easy to play even though this would be my third (!) time through it.

Stabwound

Arcane
Funny thing about Early Access: the game is getting slaughtered in steam reviews because people are reviewing the EA version and not the full game. Kind of a big flaw in the system, because it doesn't even indicate that the review is based on the pre-release alpha.

Also, what is the best AA setting? I'm not up to date on all the bullshit. FSXAA2 and whatever. What's the best for a budget card? I can play with most maxed but shadows which seem to kill my framerate.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Just FYI in case anybody else is having an issue with low-res textures: It appears that increasing the settings IN-GAME doesn't do anything, they have to be changed from the start menu to have an effect. I was scratching my head wondering why the hell it looked so much worse than early access even after I cranked the settings! The knight (Sir Christian) at the very beginning looked so bad even on "ultra" that I couldn't see any of the details of his armor (like the face on the breastplate) that I remembered seeing in early access. Thought I was getting senile. ;)

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
They changed a lot of shit from the EA version. Orcs have totally different racial abilities, which are superior to any other race IMO (save perhaps the humans free skillpoints, which have been reduced btw from 8 to 4) Really want an orc barb now.

Advanced abilities have been improved. Runepriests now do 100 damage to all enemies per turn for 3 turns :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Crusaders get GM in Plate Mail armor and GM in Sword and Mastery in Sheild and 2H (really wish this was GM though). You need to spend money to pimp out your Crusader, but once fully decked out he should be a tanking and damaging beast. Don't underestimate GM in Light magic too. After becoming Palading you get access to that uber all heal spell as well as the all party buff.

Barbarians start out strong true, but I think by midgame Crusaders/Paladins will have them beat. But the Barbarian advanced class also gets a really sweet ability, and Orcs have 20% damage against demons (and you can bet we will run into them as the MM6 influence is strong in this game)

I'm thinking:

Crusader
Bladedancer
Freemage
Runepriest

Considering swapping out Dancer for Barbarian though...but I dunno. I like to have backstory for my PCs, and a hawt elvish bladedancer could be a romance option for my human freemage and crusader.
I also play by some RP in mind, but my RP is pretty much "extraordinary mix of adventurers somehow ending up together" kinda like LOTR or something.

So anyway, I re-rolled. I'm doing the Druid, Barb, Bladedancer, Runepriest. It's very good - much better than my previous group.

I'm doing some things different this time as well. I go Magic Focus as weapons for both the druid and priest (didn't know the +crit applied to spells - this makes it a no-brainer IMO). I'm also pretty much just pumping spirit to start with. I've only put into spirit up 'til now (level 5 - second level of bandit lair). I'll soon transition into vitality and magic power (whatever it's called), but that early spirit really allowed me to save up on mana pots (and cash). You get more + damage from Skill bonuses than attributes anyway.

I'm also saving skill points until I've trained ranks so I don't just spend it on unnecessary shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom