Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Resurectra

Novice
It would also be nice if stores/shops/houses were explorable like the older MM games, not just a menu where you talk.

Might_and_Magic_III_IoT_7.jpg

mightmagi8march22.jpg

Not that it is a bad suggestion but older MM games didn't have explorable stores/shops/houses, unless you're refering to MM9 (and nobody wants to refer to it).

Alchemist

Arcane
I gave the release version a quick spin (will play more later as I have to work). Very impressed with the performance improvements and smoother tile movement, compared to early access. I have all settings maxed (on my Radeon HD 5800-something), except for keeping HDR off, which slowed things to a crawl.

Resurectra

Novice
1-2 and 4-5 did but the pregenerated backgrounds always looked cooler anyway.

Now that you mention it, yes, but there were only furniture and the "desk" where you would "access" the shopkeeper/NPC, calling the menu in a prerrendered animated background. I love those, I remember the red headed wench in the first inn of MM4, she said "Welcome travellers" in a throaty voice IIRC or maybe my mind is playing tricks with me.

It sucks that I'm still stuck at job ATM, can't wait to come home and play MMX.

Stabwound

Arcane
It would also be nice if stores/shops/houses were explorable like the older MM games, not just a menu where you talk.

Not that it is a bad suggestion but older MM games didn't have explorable stores/shops/houses, unless you're refering to MM9 (and nobody wants to refer to it).
Older MM's still had explorable buildings though. Not every shop was just a 1-screen deal.

Last edited:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Gotta say this is a little beautiful game that evokes pleasant sentiments inside me unfamiliar from the usual fantasy/pop-culture induced dreck thrown at us nowadays. Just innocent charming fantasy. Went out town and just finished the Lighthouse. The game could open up faster for my taste though, but I can see myself spending weeks and months with this without getting bored.

bonescraper

Launch trailer:

Was about to post that. The Codex is quoted in the official launch trailer. How ridiculous is that? :lol:

BTW, the game is glorious. Buy it seven times. I salute the bros from Limbic Entertainment :salute:

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Now that you mention it, yes, but there were only furniture and the "desk" where you would "access" the shopkeeper/NPC, calling the menu in a prerrendered animated background. I love those, I remember the red headed wench in the first inn of MM4, she said "Welcome travellers" in a throaty voice IIRC or maybe my mind is playing tricks with me.

It sucks that I'm still stuck at job ATM, can't wait to come home and play MMX.

Your mind isn't playing tricks on you. I played Xeen a few months ago and the innkeeper was indeed a throaty-voiced red-headed wench. ;)

I can't wait to play it tonight either! Couple more hours!!!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You know that you are playing with a great RPG if the first quote is a compliment from the Codex. :smug:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
A quote from the Codex being used in the actual trailer almost brought a tear to my eye. Truly, this is a proud day! :salute:

Zeriel

Arcane
Zeriel Do you get all the relics listed on the store page or only one of them? And what stat bonuses do they give?

It's a full set of relics, themed after Crag Hack. Relics don't show their abilities until they level up (they start as normal-ish items), so I can't comment on the abilities, but I assume they're like all relics. Keep in mind relics aren't super hard to find, you can even get one in the Act I area by just solving a trial-and-error riddle, but it still feels weird to me to just find them in your inventory from Uplay if you redeem points.

hrose

Educated
Can we have a quick analysis on what we lost and what was improved over, say, M&M 5?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom