Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Fucking potion-woman. Why didn't you just stack all antidotes in one stack? There's 5 in the top of the trade list and then there's 15 at the bottom. I didn't know about the 15 near the bottom and so I was like "poison is really owning me." This really delayed me in bandit lair because brigands love their god damn fucking poison.

Lessons learned so far:
Earth magic is imba early because of restoration (had it in EA, don't have it now :(). It's the only early heal? Thus the only thing to revive K.O. beside resting in the early game.
Basic light sucks dong. It's all the crap from Fire without fireball. First heal spell is at Expert?
Blade dancers are indeed sick (once you get master+ dagger and good dual wield). My knife-fag does 6 blips of damage per attack (double attack with each wielded dagger + damage enchant on both). Can't wait 'til his crit ramps up.
Act 1 spoiler:
lighthouse boss is best dispatched just using magic and just defending with melee attackers but I had forgotten this so it actually took me two tries -_-
They added a new place that I didn't see in first iteration of EA: "dangerous cave". IT IS DANGEROUS.

Having a blast so far, but I had to exit the game because of a sound bug (combat music doesn't stop after combat and the sounds start getting messed up).
Other than that I haven't run into any bugs I've noticed.

Black_Willow

Arcane
HHEEEEEEEEEEEE MOTHERFUCKERSSS!

MiaLq1V.jpg
I'm so jelly right now.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Is this really happening? The beginning of a new golden age of incline?

EagleTear.jpg

da_rays

Augur
Long time lurker , 1st time poster.....
really re-enjoying doing Act 1 again. Its just incredible compared to what we got served on early access , keeping positive for now , gonna wait for Act 2 at least if the fun continue steadily. Great coverage btw , you are the one that put that game on my radar again.

Black_Willow im feeling you man, should have gone for the deluxe package....that floppy just made em ultra curious. Good gaming guys

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I wonder what's on my floppy?
Is that your MMX Deluxe Box Edition? The contents seem different from those in the video a couple of pages earlier (ex. the Heroes VI Crag Hack picture and the Duel of Champions artwork).

Spaceman Spiff

Educated
Damn you guys. I really didn't want to install another garbage gaming software, register an UbiSoft account and all that.
But if the game is actually good... worth supporting anyway, I guess.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder what's on my floppy?
Is that your MMX Deluxe Box Edition? The contents seem different from those in the video a couple of pages earlier (ex. the Heroes VI Crag Hack picture and the Duel of Champions artwork).

i got no floppy in my package, no Heroes stuff either, what deluxe version is that?

The floppy is from Gamescom. It's not in any edition of the game.

Stabwound

Arcane
The game is pretty fucking awesome judging from my 30 mins of trying it, 15 of which was creating my party. I can't say much since I've barely tried and this has probably been said 100x before but:

-I wish classes weren't restricted by race. It makes no sense and it's kind of a pain in the ass. I hope this can be modded at some point. I'm sure this has been bitched about to death.
-I also wish that there weren't "decorative" doors in towns; ie doors that look like shops or houses but are just a texture on the wall to give the illusion that the city is bigger than it is. It would also be nice if stores/shops/houses were explorable like the older MM games, not just a menu where you talk.
-The manual is next to useless. It doesn't give any information on skills/spells/class progression/anything. Unless I'm missing something, you have to blindly create a party with no real clue what your character's potential is.

I do like the non-typical class roles compared to most all CRPGs, but again, it would be nice if the manual or somewhere else gave you some kind of clue what they were like. As far as I can tell, there is literally no way to tell what skills/spells are available without creating a party and starting the game, then looking at the unavailable spells in your character sheet. You can't even tell which skills are restricted unless you try to make a character first. For example, what the fuck class serves as the "priest" archtype? There are a bunch of them that can learn Mysticism (that's the priestly realm, right?) Confusing.

So yeah, they dropped the ball on in-game information unless I'm totally missing something, which I don't think I am. Hell, the jumbled mess of the dev blog gives much more info than the manual or anytrhing else does. At least if you dig enough you can find tables of what each class is capable of (mastery limits, etc.)

Can someone tell me if I'm just a moron and am totally missing something here?

Other than that, the game is the biggest incline in forever. Years. I didn't touch the Early Access because I wanted to play it fresh and from the get go without restarting, but yeah, this game kicks some ass. An actual MM CRPG in 2014. Who would have thunk it?

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Played a good 3 hours and have to say, even though it hurts to admit as Realms of Arkania / The Dark eye fan, so far this game is more much more enjoyable to me than Blackguards (even though IMHO Blackguards is also a decent game).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Morphi

Augur
The game is pretty fucking awesome judging from my 30 mins of trying it, 15 of which was creating my party. I can't say much since I've barely tried and this has probably been said 100x before but:

-I wish classes weren't restricted by race. It makes no sense and it's kind of a pain in the ass. I hope this can be modded at some point. I'm sure this has been bitched about to death.
-I also wish that there weren't "decorative" doors in towns; ie doors that look like shops or houses but are just a texture on the wall to give the illusion that the city is bigger than it is. It would also be nice if stores/shops/houses were explorable like the older MM games, not just a menu where you talk.
-The manual is next to useless. It doesn't give any information on skills/spells/class progression/anything. Unless I'm missing something, you have to blindly create a party with no real clue what your character's potential is.

I do like the non-typical class roles compared to most all CRPGs, but again, it would be nice if the manual or somewhere else gave you some kind of clue what they were like. As far as I can tell, there is literally no way to tell what skills/spells are available without creating a party and starting the game, then looking at the unavailable spells in your character sheet. You can't even tell which skills are restricted unless you try to make a character first. For example, what the fuck class serves as the "priest" archtype? There are a bunch of them that can learn Mysticism (that's the priestly realm, right?) Confusing.

So yeah, they dropped the ball on in-game information unless I'm totally missing something, which I don't think I am. Hell, the jumbled mess of the dev blog gives much more info than the manual or anytrhing else does. At least if you dig enough you can find tables of what each class is capable of (mastery limits, etc.)

Can someone tell me if I'm just a moron and am totally missing something here?

Other than that, the game is the biggest incline in forever. Years. I didn't touch the Early Access because I wanted to play it fresh and from the get go without restarting, but yeah, this game kicks some ass. An actual MM CRPG in 2014. Who would have thunk it?
The classes got rebalanced since EA, eg the archer has a better promotion speciality and more.... so the textes in Open Dev are a bit outdated..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Eurogamer review: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-22-might-and-magic-10-legacy-review

Over the last few years, video games have quietly arrived at a hallowed place where creators - be they hobbyists or fully-fledged professional developers - have begun to look not to motion pictures and literature for inspiration, but to the medium's own history. This has resulted in as much navel-gazing as it has productive introspection, and so for every successful reimagining of a treasured slice of history, there's a franchise reboot or crowd-funded revival whose merits and miscues can be debated ad infinitum.

Nonetheless, many of these projects carry with them a sense of history being preserved and remembered; a feeling of heritage shared between different generations of likeminded people. It is from these roots that Ubisoft and Limbic Entertainment's Might & Magic 10: Legacy has grown.

Taking as its basis the form, structure and events of Might & Magic 6, Legacy is Limbic's attempt to pay homage to the golden age of the western RPG by harking back to its renaissance period. With its grid-based, first-person movement and turn-based combat, Legacy is not only unapologetically old-school but gleefully so. It rarely deigns to hold your hand or artificially cordon off areas of its largely open world that might be too tough for your low-level adventurers. Instead, it bids you to explore and to poke its fierce-looking fauna with a stick to see what manner of numbers pop out of its head - and whether those it elicits from your adventurers in return are too large to be successfully managed in a turn-based battle to the death.

7/10

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
"7/10 because it's not Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls."

Edit: Oh man, Metacritic user butthurt is glorious. :lol:

Im here to save you time and money... Don't bother with this game.
Everything great about the previous games has been lost. The pacing is out of control bad, with day shifting happening in mere moments of walking around town. Resting has been destroyed the open world joy is gone because its all turn based grid movement all the time. Classic and iconic Might and magic is completely ruined.

If you have no life and don't like gameplay that is fast and measured by seconds this is the game for you. it will take hours to do the simplest and most boring tasks like walking across the world to get from one group to another.

bonescraper

Although 16:10 resolutions aren't officially supported, you can easily change the resolution in your options.txt and options64.txt files located in "my documents>MightAndMagicXLegacy" fodler. I really don't know why they didn't add 16:10 resolutions in the options menu...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"7/10 because it's not Dragon Age or Elder Scrolls."

Edit: Oh man, Metacritic user butthurt is glorious. :lol:

Im here to save you time and money... Don't bother with this game.
Everything great about the previous games has been lost. The pacing is out of control bad, with day shifting happening in mere moments of walking around town. Resting has been destroyed the open world joy is gone because its all turn based grid movement all the time. Classic and iconic Might and magic is completely ruined.

If you have no life and don't like gameplay that is fast and measured by seconds this is the game for you. it will take hours to do the simplest and most boring tasks like walking across the world to get from one group to another.
Glorious butthurt indeed. And I bet that those retards don't even know what Might &Magic is. They just heard that the last games were open world, so they wanted a new Elder Scrolls. Fuck those losers!
Classic and iconic Might and magic is completely ruined.
:patriot:You mother fucker, this is what iconic and classic M&M was. XD

Although 16:10 resolutions aren't officially supported, you can easily change the resolution in your options.txt and options64.txt files located in "my documents>MightAndMagicXLegacy" fodler. I really don't know why they didn't add 16:10 resolutions in the options menu...
Good to know, I would have been butthurt if I can't change this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

It doesn't work if you do that, I think. It resets the resolution to 1280x1024.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom