Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
All the Dark Elves are displayed weird on my new PC. I have to look at their bestiary entries to see what they're supposed to look like

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I think I have a pirated version of X somewhere that might work offline. As is, I never tough my steam account and the one I bought.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Playing this one. Did you play it on Adventurer or Warrior (enemies are tougher and prices are higher) mode?

agris

Arcane
Patron
hey guys, can anyone who has finished the game (with or without DLC) tell me a few things?

Did you hit max level (50)? if so, do you remember how early it was?
How much XP did you have at the end of the game?

Hopefully the game still tracks accumulated XP after the level cap. I'm going to give this another spin after many many years, but I want to change the level progression so that leveling is slowed some.

jackofshadows

Magister
Was too long ago but as far as I remember, not even close w/o DLC. Something like 32-36 lvl and that after clearing everything.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
hey guys, can anyone who has finished the game (with or without DLC) tell me a few things?
Wanted to help out, was curious myself coz I had two or three parties at the endgame. Reinstalled the game but alas, cloudsaves failed to synchronize. My endgame parties were kicking ass hard but Ubisoft one-shot them all at once. Sad.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone play the Falcon & Unicorn Addon? Reviews sound bad.
If you've ran through the game several times with different parties, you've squeezed out every drop of content and you still want more it's an acceptable little adventure with a few mechanical twists to spice things up.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Anyone play the Falcon & Unicorn Addon? Reviews sound bad.
If you've ran through the game several times with different parties, you've squeezed out every drop of content and you still want more it's an acceptable little adventure with a few mechanical twists to spice things up.
Along those lines, this mod looks really promising. Unfortunately the bug fixes and mod content are combined, but some of the mod content is simply a straight-up improvement over OG behavior. For example, the pre-order items that are just dumped in your inventory at the start of the game are now hidden throughout the world. Take a look: http://mmxl.wz.cz/mmxl/

combined with the map notes mod (main file here: https://www.nexusmods.com/mightandmagicx/mods/6?tab=description), I'm using both of these in my replay.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The DLC is fine, I didn't think it was worse than the base game. At least I don't remember having any negative feelings specifically for it.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Question: if I raise the shield skill to expert, giving me up to +2 block attempts, on either my dual wielding or 2H char: do I get the shield skill extra block attempts even tho I’m not using a shield?

Melee blocks with dual wielding and two handed weapons is a thing. I think the game calls them “Physical Blocks”. As you invest points into DW/2H you get more melee blocks, despite not having a shield.

agris

Arcane
Patron
225 MB patch on Steam, what's up with that?
it was the ubisoft client install .EXE

Question: if I raise the shield skill to expert, giving me up to +2 block attempts, on either my dual wielding or 2H char: do I get the shield skill extra block attempts even tho I’m not using a shield?

Melee blocks with dual wielding and two handed weapons is a thing. I think the game calls them “Physical Blocks”. As you invest points into DW/2H you get more melee blocks, despite not having a shield.
if anyone else cares in the future, the answer is NO - the game won't give you melee-only blocks when single or dual wielding for Expert shield. logical.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I was unaware of this. So if I had steam on my computer and this but later was in a totally black out no net dead zone; I could boot the game right up?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I was referring to the previous state of the game that had certain items and certain checkpoints in it that weren't accessible because of the Ubisoft servers for the game being taken offline. Not sure if I missed something somewhere.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I was referring to the previous state of the game that had certain items and certain checkpoints in it that weren't accessible because of the Ubisoft servers for the game being taken offline. Not sure if I missed something somewhere.
That has been patched out, but if you’re really hankering to replay it you should use the AcidCaves bug fix/mod which also does that, distributes the preorder relics into the world rather than dump them in your inventory, and in general makes the game better through small, smart tweaks.

I actually have a homebrew increased (minor) difficulty mod for it that also fixes some additional bugs. If you’re thinking about replaying and want a bit more challenge than warrior, I’ll have it online by this weekend.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron

Did you hit max level (50)? if so, do you remember how early it was?
How much XP did you have at the end of the game?

Hopefully the game still tracks accumulated XP after the level cap. I'm going to give this another spin after many many years, but I want to change the level progression so that leveling is slowed some.
Some answers for posterity:

1. No, you don't come anywhere near max level
2. XP prior to the end game segment, wherein you can't learn new Expert/Master etc tiers, is about 104k. Idk the vanilla level that equates to, as I slowed leveling down in my game to keep up the challenge. It was level 32 for my xp curve.
3. XP after the end game segment, where you do have freeplay again and at least 1 new dungeon, is 125k. That's level 35 for my XP curve which I'll post later.

Answers are for a completionist playthrough, with all DLC and the AcidCaves mod which adds up to about 10-15k more XP than vanilla.

jackofshadows

Magister
Then I was remembering right. Note that I always was trying to maximize xp means having at least 1 +xp npc at all times.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom