Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Sykar

Arcane
So when is the main issue being fixed, that as a Steam user you are forced to use the dumpster fire that is Ubi Connect? Isnt it time that they removed that dependability?

Zeriel

Arcane
So when is the main issue being fixed, that as a Steam user you are forced to use the dumpster fire that is Ubi Connect? Isnt it time that they removed that dependability?

If it bothers you that much just use the pirated version (if you can still find it).

Sure but that still leaves the question why Ubisoft are such scummy dirtbags.
upload_2022-1-8_13-17-8.jpeg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Retarded-ass Grunker for 10 minutes in the enigma tower:

“hmmmm… 5-0-4-1 are for sure the right numbers but how the fuck do I figure out the order..?”

nice one, Julien

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Crispy seems your fix has the odd subbenefit that it also fixes MMX's frequent crashing/hang-up on alt-tab. I can alt-tab as much as I want to now.

Huh. Yeah. Goddammit Crispy, your fix worked for me too. I still don't like you, but you deserve credit where credit is due. I would give you a goldfist if I could, but you'll just have to make do with this regular old man white brofisting you.

Last edited:

ferratilis

Magister
Those cocksuckers at Ubisoft have shut down online servers for a bunch of games, including this one.
https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/...vices-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

Multiplayer and Online Services availability in Ubisoft games
The online multiplayer services for the titles listed below have now been shut down. The offline features for each game remain available.

In-game news and player statistics have also been disabled.

For games that used Ubisoft Connect services, Units and Challenges will be disabled, meaning you will no longer be able to earn Units by completing Challenges for the game.

Rewards can still be unlocked, however you will not be able to receive them in-game.

If your game did not transfer when we moved from Uplay to Ubisoft Connect in 2020, all rewards will be automatically unlocked.

Unlockable content (ULC) such as maps and skins will also be disabled, meaning that you will no longer be able to unlock them.

On PC, ULC will no longer be available even if it has been redeemed previously. On console, the ULC will continue to be available unless you reset your saved game files.

America's Army Xbox 360
Anno 1404 PC
Anno Online PC
Assassin's Creed 2 PC | MAC | iOS | OnLive
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood OnLive
Assassin's Creed: Recollection MAC | iOS
Assassin's Creed: Revelations OnLive
Avatar PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Beyond Good and Evil PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Blazing Angels 2 PC | Xbox 360
Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Call of Juarez 3: The Cartel PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Driver: San Francisco OnLive
ESPN Sport Connections Wii U
Far Cry PC
Far Cry 2 PC
Far Cry Blood Dragon PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Flashback Origins PC
Ghost Recon PC
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
H.A.W.X. PC
H.A.W.X. 2 PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | OnLive
Haze PlayStation 3
Heroes of Might and Magic 5 PC
I Am Alive PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Just Dance 3 Xbox 360
Just Dance 3 Greatest Hits Xbox 360
Just Dance 3 Kids Xbox 360 | Wii | Wii U
Just Dance 4 PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | Wii U
Just Dance 2014 PlayStation 3 | PlayStation 4| Xbox 360 | Xbox One | Wii | Wii U
Just Dance 2015 PlayStation 3 | PlayStation 4 | Xbox 360 | Xbox One | Wii | Wii U
Just Dance 2016 PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | Wii
Just Dance 2017 PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | Wii
Just Dance 2018 PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | Wii
Just Dance Disney Party Xbox 360 | Wii
Just Dance Disney Party 2 Xbox 360
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth Xbox 360 | Wii U
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes PC
Might & Magic Duel of Champions PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Might & Magic Showdown PC
Might & Magic Showdown Paint Workshop PC
Might & Magic X: Legacy PC
MotionSports Xbox 360
MotionSport Adrenaline PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
My Fitness Coach Club PlayStation 3
PowerUp Heroes Xbox 360
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | OnLive
PureFootball PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Rabbids Alive and Kicking Xbox 360
Rabbids Go Home Wii
Rabbids Land Wii U
Rabbids Travel in Time Wii
Rainbow Six - Raven Shield PC
Rainbow Six Lockdown PC | Nintendo GameCube | PlayStation 2 | Xbox
Rainbow Six Vegas PC | PlayStation 3 | PlayStation Portable | Xbox 360
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | Xbox One
Rayman 3 PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Rayman 3 HD PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Rayman Legends PC
Rayman Origins PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
R.U.S.E. MAC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
R.U.S.E. Beta PC
Scrabble 2007 PC
Scrabble 2009 PC
Settlers 3 PC
Settlers 4 PC
Settlers 6: Rise of an Empire PC
Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom PC | MAC
Settlers: Heritage of Kings PC
Shape Fitness Evolved Xbox 360
Shape Up Xbox One
Shaun White Skateboarding PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | OnLive
Shaun White Snowboarding PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360 | OnLive
Silent Hunter 3 PC
Silent Hunter 4: U-boat Missions PC
Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific PC
Silent Hunter 5 OnLive
Smurfs 2 PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Spartacus Legends PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Splinter Cell: Blacklist Wii U
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory PC
Splinter Cell: Conviction PC | MAC | OnLive
Splinter Cell: Double Agent PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
The Adventures of Tintin PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Tom Clancy's EndWar PC | PlayStation 3 | Xbox 360
Toy Soldiers War Chest PC | PlayStation 4 | Xbox One
Watch Dogs Companion Android | iOS
World in Conflict PC
Your Shape Fitness Evolved Xbox 360
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 Xbox 360
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 Wii U

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Last edited by a moderator:

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
bros, I don't have a Perception character in my party and I guess that's why I can't find any secret passages? I'm in the Thieves' Den and can't open the wall with the lever behind it.

Can someone confirm if you need a character with high Perception to advance in this game?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
bros, I don't have a Perception character in my party and I guess that's why I can't find any secret passages? I'm in the Thieves' Den and can't open the wall with the lever behind it.

Can someone confirm if you need a character with high Perception to advance in this game?

Perception only reveals a treasure chest. Should be possible to find the secret door without it. You have to look at the spot

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Perception only reveals a treasure chest. Should be possible to find the secret door without it. You have to look at the spot

nop, I'm standing in the right spot (looked it up in a video walkthrough), I don't get the "I discovered something" quip, I don't see any markings on the wall, and so much less can I open it.

:x

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

nop, I'm standing in the right spot (looked it up in a video walkthrough), I don't get the "I discovered something" quip, I don't see any markings on the wall, and so much less can I open it.

:x

I'm 99% sure, and google says the same. However I remember spending an inordinate amount of time on it and thought I had checked the spot as well, which is something more people report.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
lol, I guess I know what happened. Too lazy to check now, as I've already started over with a new party (basically the same party except with some Perception on my Hunter. I don't want to miss out on treasure either).

I didn't get the quest from Maximus to clear the Thieves' Den first. It's probably the same thing that happens when you try to climb down the well without speaking to Maximus first, i.e. you can't interact with that object.

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Going off memory, there is a spell helping to find secret doors/levers too.

For all its limitations and flaws, I still enjoyed this game a lot more than countless more popular products.

Please, Ubisoft, sell this fucking IP to Embracer or some shit. Stop keeping it hostage in your basement’s refrigerator.

Dorateen

Arcane
Perception also influences a character's attack rating. I recall giving each party member points in perception just for the combat value, while also having one focused on searching for secrets.

Modron

Arcane
Weren't there different secret door types ranging from bashing, mechanical, magical barriers, et cetera? With each one needing a different stat to open; I was under the impression you needed to cover all stats to have a hope of opening all secrets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom