Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

baturinsky

Arcane
To be fair, almost all dungeons are small with a short nearest way to the exit. Afaik there are only three longish ones - the Portmeyron Castle, the Lost City nad the Tomb. In the first one you don't have the beacon yet, Lost City is laced with various exits and you're not meant to pop out from the Tomb before you're done there.

But to get to exit, you have to go through several unnecessarily long load screens. And you can't even switch to browser - damn game stops level loading when window is not active.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be fair, almost all dungeons are small with a short nearest way to the exit. Afaik there are only three longish ones - the Portmeyron Castle, the Lost City nad the Tomb. In the first one you don't have the beacon yet, Lost City is laced with various exits and you're not meant to pop out from the Tomb before you're done there.

But to get to exit, you have to go through several unnecessarily long load screens. And you can't even switch to browser - damn game stops level loading when window is not active.

Hopefully the patch will improve that too.

Tigranes

Arcane

Oh yeah, that is the worst thing. I can't alt-tab while loading? Seriously?

The only major bug I've found is the Fire Shard puzzle where one of the rocks will move before I'm on it preventing me from completing. And the Beacon I guess.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, as a general opinion, does MMX qualify over Dead State early access, or which way does it go? I haven't tried DS yet because of my state of being (Dddd runk), but I'd just like to know for the fuck of it.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, as a general opinion, does MMX qualify over Dead State early access, or which way does it go? I haven't tried DS yet because of my state of being (Dddd runk), but I'd just like to know for the fuck of it.

Are you seriously asking whether you should buy a finished game or a beta demo

undecaf

Arcane
Patron

No. I've finished MMX already and have a second run on the go. I just ask people for comparisons for the fuck of it. :D

Mortmal

Arcane
213 pages with people fighting each others , fundamentalists of two faith battlings, blackguard vs MMX, and theres still a guy asking if its good or if its better than a demo...

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

Wait, is there supposed to be a difference nowadays

undecaf

Arcane
Patron

It takes some eye, though, to notice... just like before. :smug:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member

The finished games might be betas but they're usually not demos. :M

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Can MMX really be called "finished" if the first patch after launch includes three new dungeons, one of which already has an achievement in the game?

Any word on how the new dungeons are integrated? Are they accessible in the middle of the game or post-game?

I'm hoping they all are and that the new stuff is a way to challenge end-game groups rather than simply more stuff for mid-game groups to grind up on and become OP with.

April

Educated
The only major bug I've found is the Fire Shard puzzle where one of the rocks will move before I'm on it preventing me from completing. And the Beacon I guess.

You fail at puzzles.

There's a reset button in the Fire Shard puzzle for a reason.

Vival

Erudite

You fail at puzzles.

Sounds like the puzzle might actually already be solved. it's not a bug, you're not supposed to step on the moving float. You get to the node from the other side of the cave.

Turjan

Arcane
So I caved in and bought this sucker. The start is already spot on.

Just out of mild curiosity, and I don't want to read the whole thread to find out, how did a game like this end up with UPlay? In some ways, it's like a clash of worlds.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Just out of mild curiosity, and I don't want to read the whole thread to find out, how did a game like this end up with UPlay? In some ways, it's like a clash of worlds.
ubisoft owns might and magic and they not so recently started investing or being more open towards oldschool small budget games made by passionate people.

Turjan

Arcane
Ah, thanks. Let's see how long this love affair lasts. I cannot imagine those games sold well.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Is it possible to leave Karthal Jail before you've rescued the guy? I'm unable to collect him because I stupidly went in with a quest companion and a packhorse who has become loaded with loot. Backtracking is impossible because a door closed behind me, and I'm not sure whether trying to fight my way out to sell the excess loot will be a waste of time when I could simply load an earlier save and start the segment again.

I suppose there's also the option of dumping the unwanted loot and firing the packhorse immediately, but I'm a miser.

Tigranes

Arcane

You fail at puzzles.

Sounds like the puzzle might actually already be solved. it's not a bug, you're not supposed to step on the moving float. You get to the node from the other side of the cave.

I hit the beacons in a clockwise manner starting from one nearest the end destination (the 'fire wall' door), then started going across - indeed from 'the far side of the cave'. Just as my party moves onto a square next to a moving piece which I had already moved there in order to cross the final bit of lava, the piece suddenly moves away from me as if I had pushed a button.

GlutenBurger fire one dude, then as soon as you're done go back to wherever you found him and rehire him. The loss of 100 gold or whatever, compared to minutes of your life wasted. Easy toss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom