Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/the-new-dungeons

THE NEW DUNGEONS
  • Posted By: Marzhin93
As you know, the upcoming patch includes three new dungeons. Want to know more about them? Here we go…

DREAM SHARD

This dungeon is only available to people who bought the Deluxe edition of the game.

Journey to the Spirit World and relive the doomed last adventure of another group of Raiders. But beware, for the frontier between memory and delusion is sometimes blurry...

To find it, you need the “Dream Shard” item found on a corpse in the Tomb of a Thousand Terrors. Then present the Shard to Yeshtar the Dark Elf and she’ll allow you to experience the memories it contains.

Dream_Shard.jpg

FORTRESS OF CROWS

This dungeon is available to everyone.

Founded after the fall of the Shantiri Empire, the city-state of Volos has long disappeared into the mists of time. Its ruins have recently been unearthed in the region known as the Desolate Wilds, in the south-western corner of the Agyn Peninsula. The ruins appear empty and peaceful… but appearances can be deceitful.

Fortress of Crows is the dungeon you created with your votes and ideas!

To find it, you need to go to the Desolate Wilds. Near the coordinates [40, 31] you will meet the ghost of the mysterious Wanderer. Talk to him to start the quest of Volos.

Wanderer.jpg

Fortress_of_Crows.jpg

LIMBO

This dungeon is available to everyone.

Rumours tell of a place both mysterious and strange, known only as “Limbo”. What perils await the Raiders there? You’ll have to discover by yourselves…

To find the mysterious Limbo dungeon, you need to have finished the main quest of Might & Magic X - Legacy. After the ending cutscene, you’ll be brought back to Karthal. Leave the city and go to the Untamed Thirst tavern located near the coordinates [85,47]. There, talk to the old soothsayer, Madame Cassandra. The rest is up to you…

Untamed_Thirst.jpg

Heresiarch

Prophet
[...] Pointblank shot doesn't suffer the 50% dmg penalty, [...]

Are u 100% sure? I am asking because Pointblank shot's description says that character performs range attack and in range attack's desciption there is info about penalty for close range.

I'm sure, 100+ damage every time

That's how "pointblank shot" skills work in every RPG including D&D too

baturinsky

Arcane
My warden became the main damage dealer after around level 24 when I got her the three equipments that each provide an AOE 13 prime damage (in total 39), and when she got her pointblank shot skill, and GM bow skill. The beautiful part here is, pointblank shot do shoot the extra shot provided by GM bow, and the AOE damage do apply to each separate shot. So against a group of three enemies, one pointblank shot = 6 arrows = 18 AOE damage application, in turn means each separate enemy got 2 shots + 6 AOE attack. In term of numbers that's around 450 damage each, which is way more than even a single critted chain lightning. If she's buffed with Mandate of Heaven the damage will be even higher.
No compare this with Carnage.

Heresiarch

Prophet
My warden became the main damage dealer after around level 24 when I got her the three equipments that each provide an AOE 13 prime damage (in total 39), and when she got her pointblank shot skill, and GM bow skill. The beautiful part here is, pointblank shot do shoot the extra shot provided by GM bow, and the AOE damage do apply to each separate shot. So against a group of three enemies, one pointblank shot = 6 arrows = 18 AOE damage application, in turn means each separate enemy got 2 shots + 6 AOE attack. In term of numbers that's around 450 damage each, which is way more than even a single critted chain lightning. If she's buffed with Mandate of Heaven the damage will be even higher.
No compare this with Carnage.

Well, I know well are classes are way more powerful and I know very well how bladedancers are overpowered, but that's not the point. What I said was that underdog classes such as wardens are perfectly fine to play. And in the next patch they are making ranged attacks more powerful as well.

I should also mention i am also GM dark magic as well even though the GM spell Weakness look so awfully shitty. I just love using niched stuff to play game with, instead of using cookie cutters...

Monocause

Arcane
Ranged combat should become better after the incoming patch as ranged damage will receive a boost. They still could fix the very lacklustre expert and master tier for Bow users... (seriously, the range increase isn't useful in 90% combat situations you'll see in this game, 5 is more than enough)

Donaroriak

Augur
Project: Eternity
I think that may have happened regardless. It seems hard to avoid becoming drastically overpowered if you go out of the way to do most of the sidequests. My party was not optimal at all, yet still I ended up steamrolling the Tomb of Terrors and the final sequence despite having left something like 30 stat points per character unspent.
I also saved up attributes for the endgame, in case my characters needed some last-minute respeccing. This was made easier by the fact that, as you say, a thorough playthrough turns even the default party into a juggernaut by mid-late game.
Anyway, I was really disappointed when allocating 32 stat points made relatively little difference in the damage output of most characters.
I would argue that, beyond the initial phases, skill progression and mastery/grandmastery has a much greater effect than stats in this game. Too bad :)

baturinsky

Arcane
I think that may have happened regardless. It seems hard to avoid becoming drastically overpowered if you go out of the way to do most of the sidequests. My party was not optimal at all, yet still I ended up steamrolling the Tomb of Terrors and the final sequence despite having left something like 30 stat points per character unspent.
I also saved up attributes for the endgame, in case my characters needed some last-minute respeccing. This was made easier by the fact that, as you say, a thorough playthrough turns even the default party into a juggernaut by mid-late game.
Anyway, I was really disappointed when allocating 32 stat points made relatively little difference in the damage output of most characters.
I would argue that, beyond the initial phases, skill progression and mastery/grandmastery has a much greater effect than stats in this game. Too bad :)

Once you have a lot of Might/Magic already, investing in Vitality and Perception can have better and more apparent effect.

April

Educated

Once you have a lot of Might/Magic already, investing in Vitality and Perception can have better and more apparent effect.

Why perception and not destiny?

Tigranes

Arcane
So, finished the game. Not sure how long it took, I'm thinking around 30, certainly longer than I expected, and anything longer would actually be too long for what is a relatively simple game. In any case, had great fun, and expect to do another playthrough.

For a first playthrough on Warrior, I thought it gets far too easy after, say, 2/3 of the game. My Blademaster was doing hundreds of damage a turn, and with spells like Liquid Membrane, Regeneration, and so much money I could buy thousands of potions (but I had enough potions from just drops anyway), and all the relics the game throws at you, it was very hard for the party to be wiped. I ended on Level 30, and I blitzkrieged Tomb of Thousand Horrors + Endgame in literally an hour because I could just spam attack, liquid membrane, GM chain lightning. I killed the final boss before I got the 4 pieces to make him 'vulnerable' because I only needed a couple of crit rolls to kill him from 100% to 0% health in a couple of turns.

I didn't even ever have Relentless weapons, and shops ceased to yield useful stuff after a while - after you hit about level 20, the quality of items you can find / buy seems to plateau, especially since you are then strong enough to get most relics. Also, perception does not seem very useful after 30 or so, meaning there's no reason not to, say, pump Might mostly in a fighter class and then Destiny / Vitality. Even with that my Crusader had 150 attack value, for example (GM Sword), at which point you don't miss very often.

I will see how it changes with a weirder and less balanced party. I may try and go without a Freemage and certainly without the Bladedancer (who was basically doing 3/4 of all the damage from the party), and maybe try and GM a ranged weapon, etc. and really switch it up.

Tigranes

Arcane
Thinking of:

Barbarian, Spear + Two-handed + Endurance + Warfare
Ranger, Bow + Dodge + Earth
Scout, Mace + XBow + Medium Armour + Light
Runepriest, Fire + Light + Mag Focus + Primordial

Basically more focus on ranged, abandoning Dark and Water, etc. for a more unconventional party that still has sufficient variation. Barbarian would damage and provoke, Ranger would shoot and regenerate stuff, Scout would support in melee, ranged and healing, Runepriest will try and go all out firebomb. Could throw in a Mercenary or Defender instead of Barb.

Was going to wait for patch, but meh, maybe I'll just go for it, assuming patch doesn't break saves.

Lhynn

Arcane
Infinitron do you happen to have an insight on how well it did in sales?
Reading this thread is enough to bring a codexer to tears, feels like the decline never happened.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I'm not sure whether this question was serious or trolling:

How, in 2014, can anyone sell and AAA game without achievements ? We should boycott this title so that developers finally learn that they have to care about the steam demographic.

Someone answers:

How, in 2014, can anyone be so stupid to pay money for a game just to pursue some pathetic gimmick instead of actually enjoying the game?

But then the OP replies:

Humans care a lot about achievements. Think diplomas, medals, job title, fancy car. It's the same dynamic that matters for games too and developers understood that really well. That's why steam has so many achievements.

*Sigh*...

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Not having achievements is un-American!

Why do you hate money and freedom, Abelian?
Unfortunately, American-style achievements are often of the type "everyone wins" so that no one feels left out and develops an inferiority complex.
At least a large number of responders put the OP in his place, with answers such as:

Achievements??!! An achievement is beating a tough game through careful planning. An achievement is learning a musical instrument, getting recognized for fantastic grades.

This achievement thing is a joke. Play the GAME.

I would wager that someone is going to write a game that is ALL achievement based. The player won't have to do much more than move the mouse occasionally.

Achievements, pfft!!!

Out of all the things wrong with M&MX the one thing that definitely stuck out, more than ANYTHING else, was that his steam dick didn't get larger :roll:

GlutenBurger

Cipher

What made you decide on the spear for the Barbarian? Seems to me you're trading out on the mace's stun critical for no real benefit beyond a damage boost against large creatures. Two handed maces also have higher base damage, though their critical damage is lower. I had both a Barbarian with a mace and a Hunter with a spear, and was much happier with the Barbarian's attacks.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron do you happen to have an insight on how well it did in sales?

No hard data, no. I don't think it did extremely well, but the real question is how much money it made relative to its budget.

I do think that MMX could have done better than it did. I think Ubisoft dropped the ball with this game twice:

1) They didn't market it well enough. They didn't have any good interviews, they didn't send Julien Pirou out to Rock Paper Shotgun to tell the story of how his game was made. They kept everything on their open development blog which only the hardest core of fans read.

Selling MMX as the "unlikely story of an indie developer successfully pursuing his dreams within a large corporation" would have given the game a sympathetic edge when it came time for the review scores. Gaming journalists LOVE this stuff. It can be the difference between a 70+ and 80+ Metacritic score.

2) They didn't continually update the Early Access version enough and respond to player complaints quickly enough. This allowed a critical mass of butthurt reviews to accumulate on the game's Steam page, that hurt the game's sales when it finally came out because it made the game look like it was a horrible piece of shovelware. That evpkol douche alone may have cost this game thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of sales.

This is something that Daedalic did much better with Blackguards, with how they added all of the game's chapters one by one. Blackguards seems to have made more money than MMX when it came out (although it didn't do as well when it was an Early Access title, so perhaps it all evens out in the end).

Lhynn

Arcane
Thanks infinitron, i honestly hope they did well as i was pleasantly surprised by this game.
It can very well be GOTY 2014 here at the dex.

Mortmal

Arcane
Just noticed a small issue with bestiary quest, apparently you dont get the correct quest reward cause of a typo in the files .

go to \Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\StaticData\ folder and edit file QuestSteps.csv
replace
"MELEE_WEAPON.82,1,1,1"
with
"MELEE_WEAPON,82,1,1,1"

I dont know if it will goty , the competition will be fierce, this year we should do different subgenres GOTY , as frankly comparing MMX, blackguards, DOS is like comparing apple to oranges.I am pretty sure each of those titles will be worthy of the title , much more so than the previous "rpg" titles in the last decade.
If they fix all the issues MMXI will be glorious . The game really open up when you can use wards and the variety of spells, the beggining was much tougher, sometime even frustratring while the end is a walk in the park .

Lhynn

Arcane
Just noticed a small issue with bestiary quest, apparently you dont get the correct quest reward cause of a typo in the files .

go to \Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\StaticData\ folder and edit file QuestSteps.csv
replace
"MELEE_WEAPON.82,1,1,1"
with
"MELEE_WEAPON,82,1,1,1"

I dont know if it will goty , the competition will be fierce, this year we should do different subgenres GOTY , as frankly comparing MMX, blackguards, DOS is like comparing apple to oranges.I am pretty sure each of those titles will be worthy of the title , much more so than the previous "rpg" titles in the last decade.
If they fix all the issues MMXI will be glorious . The game really open up when you can use wards and the variety of spells, the beggining was much tougher, sometime even frustratring while the end is a walk in the park .
DOS can still be shit.
WL2 can still be good.
PoE can still be unbalanced
:troll:

And all of them can be delayed.
id rather not pass judgment on stuff i cannot finish.

But yeah i like the way MMX handles pacing and difficulty a lot more than blackguards does, it feels more like an RPG should.

duchU

Educated
Have a question about Mageslayer relict bow:

In description u can read "+14 critical hit damage". Does it mean:
1) we get additinal 14 points of dmg on critical hit
OR
2) we get +14% to critical damage stat
?
After equipping this bow u get only standard 10% to critical dmg. I am not sure if I should report this as a bug because I cannot tell what meaning is correct: 1 or 2. If 2=true then bonus for critical dmg should be 24% instead of 10%.

Tigranes

Arcane

What made you decide on the spear for the Barbarian? Seems to me you're trading out on the mace's stun critical for no real benefit beyond a damage boost against large creatures. Two handed maces also have higher base damage, though their critical damage is lower. I had both a Barbarian with a mace and a Hunter with a spear, and was much happier with the Barbarian's attacks.

The fact that there is no 2h mace relic, and spear is a bit different in how it works, thought it would synergise with bow/xbow focus too. But yeah, the dmg diff is so high i suspect its a suboptimal decision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom