Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
The sea itself does scream in pain.

DkEOwE8.jpg
I demand this to be made into an avatar.

grdja

Augur
Fuck ,even if Ashan is generic as fuck compared to old M&M world, that Ubi map for Heroes still at least looks like a god damn fantasy game map. Lets hope what we have here is just a terribad placeholder.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fuck ,even if Ashan is generic as fuck compared to old M&M world, that Ubi map for Heroes still at least looks like a god damn fantasy game map. Lets hope what we have here is just a terribad placeholder.

If you look at the area in which MMX Legacy will take place (the Agyn Peninsula) within Ubisoft's Heroes map, it doesn't have many distinguishing features. So the MMX map looks as if they just cut that segment of the larger map and zoomed in, without adding enough detail.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
To promote Might and Magic X Ubi is doing a retro meme contest:

You may have noticed that we were a little nostalgic lately with the announcement of Might & Magic X Legacy…

To celebrate old school gaming and the world of Might & Magic, we decided to hold an art contest on the theme of retro « meme ».

Concretely?
You just have to find a catchphrase related to M&M universe and combine it with a game screenshot (exemple available here: http://on.fb.me/10uytDo).

Send it to us at vwgdehmqmopqe@tumblr.com. Best creations will be spotlighted on our official pages!​

2013.05.10%20bodytcm2195773.jpg

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
How is "What were you doing before it was cool ?" related to the M&M universe ? Is it from one of the games ?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
If I were to do an entry it'd probably be a screen of the party standing in front of a bubbling green pool with a caption along the lines of "Pools of acid! My favourite!"

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NEW STUFF

Character classes and races: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51b75568e754b63022000009

Meet the team: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/51b764c4e754b69a75000006

anna-lore.png

:incline:

Anna (LE-Larissa): As Might & Magic was my first big game when I was “younger" (very first was “Wizard Royal” on Atari ST), I just love that I am now participating in the development of a tribute! After all those years!! :) I like the most that the team tries to retain the vision of the previous games. In general I love that the Might & Magic RPGs have been party-based and that MMX is going to be, too.

Lore (LE-Lore): I’m very fond of the whole old school idea. In particular, I just love walking on a grid and turn based fighting. It gives me warm and fuzzy feeling.

Crooked Bee clones detected?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
:love:

The stat system looks a bit too binary compared to VI-VII though. I liked how each character relied on many stats in that one.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Vitality and spirit are totally superfluous.

I looked it up and Lore is a legit German name. Huh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom